PDA

View Full Version : Inner arch MOD ?????

SRsam
25-09-16, 07:37 AM
Hi I've read a few build threads on here and people refer to the inner arch mod . I'm going to be replacing my rear arches in a month and wondered what it was in advance.
Thanks in advance sam

wwmnw
26-09-16, 07:48 PM
Bashing fuck out of the drivers side arch in the engine bay so a C20XE/LET will fit without fouling with chassis legs

paul james
26-09-16, 07:54 PM
You mean folding up the arch lip on the rear arches? its give a bit more clearance for wider wheels.

SRsam
26-09-16, 08:35 PM
It could possibly be that but I thought it was something you do when rebuilding the rear inner arches ??lol maybe I miss read it cheers anyway

paul james
26-09-16, 09:16 PM
Ah, well I don't think you can buy the inside part, only the outer arch. So I think people use another outer arch to make up the inner bit, if that makes sense. I did mine a bit more frankentein like, with several squares of metal carefully moulded (with a hammer) into shape and welded together in place, then loads of effort tidying it all up afterwards.

totalnova
26-09-16, 09:17 PM
You can buy the inner arch repair panels.

Will F
27-09-16, 09:23 AM
You might mean the mod to fit coilovers?
Ie turreting them?

bazzap8389
27-09-16, 11:33 AM
There's inner rear arches on eBay if that's what you mean

Iain
27-09-16, 03:56 PM
I can't think what mod you might be referring to, but definitely worth considering in the area:

Rolling the arch lips after fitting new panels for wheel clearance
If repairing rust behind the shocks in the chassis legs, consider welding it slightly further in for coilover clearance, or
Fit turrets if planning on going any bigger than 1.9" ID spring coilovers
If the tank's out for the work, rear beam mount strengthening

torquey
27-09-16, 05:16 PM
Where can I get a set if inner arch repair panels?

bazzap8389
27-09-16, 06:32 PM
There's 1 side on eBay, unless you want to keep the car standard I'd tub and turret instead

torquey
27-09-16, 10:50 PM
No I mean inner quarter repair panels Iam doing the arches but the inner lip has gone too.

SRsam
28-09-16, 08:36 AM
Where can I get a set if inner arch repair panels?
Cheers for the replies . I'm not sure what it was referring to but ive ordered some inner arches from eBay just in case for when I do the rear outer arch .
I ordered them on ebay but then got a message saying there going to be up to 3 weeks as there awaiting a delivery . So they might not be on ebay again now for a few weeks keep looking otherwise I've seen them on tjmotorsport website but again they said 2 to 3 weeks and they were a bit more money for same make etc

Iain
28-09-16, 08:43 AM
Just cut it above the rust and tack it further up the arch. Essentially removing the double skin

16v
28-09-16, 10:28 PM
Are you meaning the single skin mod?