PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable top mounts

16v
22-09-16, 11:09 PM
Are these a direct fit or do you have to mod the hole at the top of the turret to give them room to be adjusted? I ordered a set of gaz ultra low coilovers and they came on them,dont really fancy hacking into the car

8valve-craig
23-09-16, 07:35 AM
If you want to use the adjustment you need to enlarge the hole towards the center of the car. You will only want to move them in or backwards so no need to go all the way around.

Iain
23-09-16, 08:33 AM
Yes technically they'll be direct fit, and give a tiny bit of adjustment, but to get the most out of them you'll be taking off most of the turret lip. No reason not to fit them in standardish position though.

TallDave
23-09-16, 03:13 PM
You don't say if the top mounts are concentric (i.e. just like a standard top mount albeit with a solid mount, none adjustable for camber/caster) or eccentric ( off-centre monut which allows for adjustment of camber/caster)? If the later then Craig is right you'll need to trim the centre of the turret to allow for the adjustment, well worth the effort though as it gives options to tweak the front suspension geometry for best effect.

Go on get the cutting tools out, you know you want too really....

16v
23-09-16, 08:47 PM
Yea totally forgot to say they are the concentric ones. Thanks for the comments lads. I would say it'll take a bit of trimming to get the full use of them but I'll see how I feel about cutting into it. It's not long painted lol

Iain
24-09-16, 11:53 AM
Theyre eccentric good sir.

Fit them within the turret and only modify it if needed for geometry