PDA

View Full Version : Number plate offence question

millworm
20-09-16, 11:58 PM
So, I was pulled over for my plates the other day, to be honest my front plate is too small and is illegal, there's no question in that. But on the piece of paper he has given to me the registration is completely wrong like not even close, at all. It's a reg for an 08 plate astray not an 89 caddy van. The paperwork does obviously say vw caddy but has the wrong reg. Any ideas where this leaves me? I'd rather not pay a £100 fine if I dont have too but it is my own doing so if I do then well I can only blame myself.
Cheers guys

Botedly
21-09-16, 01:39 PM
Is there no details of how to appeal? I'd appeal the fuck out of it until they can prove they actually pulled you over (dash cam video from patrol car) :)

Benn
21-09-16, 02:18 PM
Think i'd appeal it too, wrong reg says alot about who pulled you.

millworm
21-09-16, 08:20 PM
Will look into appeals process then, as I said I don't fancy paying it but been told it doesn't matter that they made an error

EwanG
21-09-16, 09:13 PM
They obviously have your full details name address make of car etc. So just writing your reg down wrong won't let you get away with it I'm sure. You admitted the plate is illegal so if that were me I would just change it and pay the fine. Then forget about it.

Andy
21-09-16, 09:21 PM
Agreed.i think you're pissing into a hurricane

Southie
21-09-16, 10:28 PM
A clerical error, they'll have camera footage so just pay up and learn from your mistakes.

Stuart
22-09-16, 09:02 AM
I'd appeal as it takes almost zero time of yours and wastes theirs. so even if you still have to pay the £100, you've had better value from it.

As an aside, and I know its only council related parking, but they had the physical car details wrong but the reg right and they said that the only thing that needed to be right is the reg... I did reply asking what other parts of the process had been missed given all the correct deails were on the tax disc etc and they got rather shirty about it but subsequently removed all the other details fields from their tickets lol

L33 LEG
22-09-16, 01:23 PM
Used to always get the wrong reg and info written down on fines, doubt you'd get away with it tbh and seen as you admit you're in the wrong you may as well pay for it. Obviously if it was points then it'll be a different matter.

turbojolt
22-09-16, 03:48 PM
Don't fight it...i turned a 100 quid speeding fine into a 800 quid fine when I appealed against the way the police caught me lol

millworm
22-09-16, 08:42 PM
Looks like I'll just have to pay it, not gonna make more hassle for myself, I'm not clued up enough if they started quizzing me haha

Southie
22-09-16, 09:35 PM
We all learn the hard way with cars in some way, small number plates do look good though lol

Around where I live the amount of done up cars that have number plates in windows is crazy.

millworm
23-09-16, 12:21 AM
To be fair, the copper said that my eccentric driving was the reason for the pull, seeing as I actually have a plate he would have normally left me to it. But seeing as it's non endorsement it'll be staying!

wwmnw
24-09-16, 04:40 PM
To be fair, the copper said that my eccentric driving was the reason for the pull, seeing as I actually have a plate he would have normally left me to it. But seeing as it's non endorsement it'll be staying!

Try pepipoo forum ask on there