PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Limited Slip Diff into F13 Box, How hard is it?

NovaNeil
25-09-03, 06:35 PM
Hello,
Has anyone fitted an LSD into an F13 box before? If so, can you do it with the Box on the car? ie: though the access panel bit, with just the driveshafts withdrawn. Or do you need to strip the gearbox down completely

Cheers

Neil

Dicko
25-09-03, 08:43 PM
id say u haveto take it all apart

im sure from what iv seen u haveto unscrew the bits that the shafts go into and remove the main gear (which is big+heavy).

NovaNeil
26-09-03, 07:42 AM
Cheers Dicko,
But can anyone else comfirm this please?

NovaNeil
29-09-03, 12:33 PM
Anyone?

stevorally
29-09-03, 02:35 PM
I have fitted an LSD to an F10 with the box in the car. Just pop the shafts out, remove the bearing lock retaining bracket (or what ever its called) then loosen and unscrew the bearing locking piece, remove the diff cover plate and i'm pretty sure the diff more or less fell out.
You need plenty of space beneath the car to work so get it up high.

Dicko
29-09-03, 03:41 PM
ye iv been told its possible, but DO NOT lie underneath the box while while working inside it, get somebody else to do it :D

apparently my mate had a near miss as that big F.O gear droped almost crushing his head :x

Phil GTE
29-09-03, 04:56 PM
lol, I was undoing the last engine mount in a nova once, and I said to the people there (who did most of the work), whilst underneth and undoing the last mount;

so whats stopping the engine falling on me?

nothing, get out!!!

I really didnt want an engine on my head, so thanks guys.........[cough/]Will and Ben[cough].....

NovaNeil
29-09-03, 08:05 PM
Cheers Guys, i'll have a go when my diff arrives (Next week)

Neil

novax
29-09-03, 08:53 PM
The main bearing covers, that you unscrew that the shafts fit into are at a specific tension, not even some dealerships have this tool.