PDA

View Full Version : Irmscher rocker cover

torquey
24-08-16, 06:27 PM
Anyone's on here it made £355 on egay.:cry:

totalnova
24-08-16, 07:15 PM
Crazy money, but I guess that's what happens when two or more people really want something.

BRoadGhost
24-08-16, 07:18 PM
Could probably make on for that

torquey
24-08-16, 07:41 PM
Yeh I know where can I find some lol.

Edd
24-08-16, 08:56 PM
Price's are now ridiculous for some parts

Jonesfach
24-08-16, 09:41 PM
Anyone's on here it made £355 on egay.:cry:

Was alex Darcy selling it. I thought he was going to keep it and put it on his sport?? Seems his plans have changed.

It was something I had in my garage for 15 years along with a tidy engine and carbs, airbox etc out of a sport.
The guy I sold it all too, told me he was going to build a sport rep, yet he failed to bother to get a shell and sold them on to Alex at much more monies. This after a gentlemans agreement that he would sell it back to me at the sale price if he didn't want them anymore/couldn't get a shell etc. Some people are driven by money I suppose and not the love of cars...

Now it's all been broken up which is the bigger shame. Would have been a great help to rebuild a sport etc.

Jonesfach
24-08-16, 09:46 PM
Price's are now ridiculous for some parts

Your right it's becoming obscene tbh. I would feel embarrassed to sell stuff myself at these prices.

Much rather help someone who's in a club and come to a reasonable figure

Southie
24-08-16, 09:47 PM
Someone will be happy they bought it, why spoil there fun :(

Jonesfach
24-08-16, 09:54 PM
Someone will be happy they bought it, why spoil there fun :(

I couldn't stop the thing leaking oil.....that will please them even more.....lol

I think I had the wrong gasket on though and couldn't be arsed faffing about with it, as didn't really like the look of it, on the engine. Much rather a standard polished one and it wasn't a standard fitment to sports anyway so took it off mine.

paul james
24-08-16, 10:00 PM
I assumed all sports had them, were they fitted if you went for the optional cam then?

Silly money to spend, could have one custom made for that and have whatever you like on it.

Jonesfach
24-08-16, 10:28 PM
I assumed all sports had them, were they fitted if you went for the optional cam then?

Silly money to spend, could have one custom made for that and have whatever you like on it.

Never fitted to sports whatever spec of cam chosen.

You could buy them from irmscher as an after market type bolt on thing.

paul james
24-08-16, 10:35 PM
Well in that case its an ultra pointless buy. I never saw the appeal in the irmscher badging, its just not a cool sounding name and doesn't signify that the car is a performance model when you see it on various Vauxhalls, unlike Cosworth is on Fords for instance.
Wonder why people even bought them back in the day, it seems a bizzare thing to go out of your way to get, a rocker cover that won't be seen.

Andy
24-08-16, 10:49 PM
Years ago I knew somebody that was getting Jekyll ones for very very cheap,nowt to say this isn't one of them lol

Will F
25-08-16, 08:01 AM
These posts are getting boring now (this isn't a pop at the OP btw) - it seems that most days people are 'offended' by the prices of things... I think we just need to come to terms with the fact that parts cost more than they did 3,5, 10 years ago - shocking I know...

I think we should be grateful that they are - it shows how people are valuing the shonky old Nova doesn't it??

Richy12
25-08-16, 08:10 AM
Wonder should I sell all mine now, form an orderly que lol

totalnova
25-08-16, 09:05 AM
These posts are getting boring now (this isn't a pop at the OP btw) - it seems that most days people are 'offended' by the prices of things... I think we just need to come to terms with the fact that parts cost more than they did 3,5, 10 years ago - shocking I know...

I think we should be grateful that they are - it shows how people are valuing the shonky old Nova doesn't it??

Any post on here at the moment is most welcome, it's been very quiet recently.

Anyway if it was me I'd probably have the standard one polished or chromed, would be a lot cheaper and better looking imo

Botedly
25-08-16, 11:05 AM
I'd like the look of an irmscher cam cover in my saloon as the black/silver theme would work well in amongst the mexico red. A set of twin 40s wouldn't go amiss either haha

That being said, I really like to look of my machine polished cover and may go for full machine polished head when I decide to build a 1.3 on carbs for the saloon :)

Botedly
25-08-16, 11:06 AM
It's both a shame and a great thing that parts like this go for good money.

It's great because the Nova is finally being recognised as a valued classic/retro car!
It's a shame because I can't see myself parting with £1,000 for the interior I want in the saloon :/

Jonesfach
25-08-16, 05:22 PM
Years ago I knew somebody that was getting Jekyll ones for very very cheap,nowt to say this isn't one of them lol

Its definitely a real one, unless it's been swapped of course! Lol!