PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 GTE Springs

sassyk0910
10-08-16, 01:32 PM
I've had a really good search through the forum and more websites than I can count but cannot find the information I'm after, even spoken to vauxhall lol

I'd like to return my Nova GTE to it's original springs and height, not a popular option I know but I didn't think it would be so hard. Does anyone know the original part numbers for front and rear springs or know of any that will work. I seem to recall the GTE was 20mm lower than standard, if anyone could confirm that would be fab.

I have been through OEM cats, searched via vin number, everything I can think of, and came up with 7 part numbers for each. I'm fairly confident the fronts are 90296940/312768 (12.7x131x267) but I've so far only managed to rule out 2 on my list of rears (they were fitted to cars with cats).

I've also discovered that many stores/sites list a 1988 nova 1.6 GSi even though no such thing exists so I've searched for that and obviously for the corsa A 1.6 GSi (although some understanding of foreign languages would help me greatly here).

Any help or ideas much appreciated

thanks

Sarah

EwanG
10-08-16, 06:52 PM
A 1988 gsi is the Opel version of the gte so that will be the springs you need. Here's a pic I put in a thread http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?195237-Opel-Corsa-A-GSI/page2&highlight=spotted