PDA

View Full Version : x20xev from omega into corsa b or nova....

ocdstigy
10-08-16, 10:22 AM
hi all! ive aquired an omega with the x20xev engine,it runs absolutely perfectly only 61k on car shell and engine! so naturally i want the engine to transplant into something.

however i cant help that think being mounted transverse is gona cause me issue into a fromt wheel drive....anybody got any ideas whats involved for me to mount in a corsa b or nova? p.s its an automatic gearbox!

Benn
10-08-16, 05:25 PM
Same engine. Just different gear box and mounts.

So using the engine with a F20 or F16, normal conversion mounts and your sorted.

Or do you wanna go RWD?

josh-sri
10-08-16, 05:25 PM
As far as I'm aware the xev block is very similar to the z20 block, which in turn is similar to a c20. So mounting wise and gearbox wise you've got endless options. Depends what your planning on doing with it I suppose? I presume your going to fit a manual box and run fwd?

ocdstigy
11-08-16, 02:40 PM
cheers for the replies! tbh id prefer to buy a corsa b and put the engine in it,i would like to use fwd and manual gearbox!

id assume a 16v corsa would be beneficial to me? opposed to a diesel or a 8valve 12v?

where can i buy the conversion kit? also what would the hub driveshaft amd exhaust setup have to be? also is itcorsa shocks n springs?

cheers