PDA

View Full Version : petrol gage

linzTDI
25-09-03, 11:06 AM
My Petrol/Diesel gage doesnt work it is always all over the place and off the scale.

I am going to fit white dials to my clocks soon when i get time is there anything i should look for to try and fix it when i do this?

bad_boy_nova
25-09-03, 11:25 AM
Could be just a loose wire conection. Or on the other hand it could be a faulty gauge or faulty tank sender.

geordie_racer
25-09-03, 03:07 PM
sorry linz dodgy fuel guages are part of owning a nova. ive changed everything that can be done in the setup and still had problems with them. mine used to go up and down as i was driving and do whatever it felt like. originally i changed the clocks which helped but then it started again in the winter. next came the fuel sender which i covered in gaffer tape as well and it still happened. the most common theory is the resistor in the tank they work on becoming worn.

the only solution i have found isn't cheap, as since i fitted my digidash ove had no problems with the guage and you also get a decent fuel warning light so you know when your running out

chris

linzTDI
25-09-03, 03:08 PM
cheers mate

geordie_racer
25-09-03, 03:26 PM
so u digi dashin it then linz?

linzTDI
25-09-03, 03:27 PM
dunno

If i did it would have to be one of those indigo ones

bad_boy_nova
25-09-03, 03:28 PM
Whats an indigo digi dash?

linzTDI
25-09-03, 03:29 PM
a purple one! :o

bad_boy_nova
25-09-03, 03:31 PM
I gathered that it would be a different colour!! But why is it a different colour? Is it just a normal digi dash out of an astra gte, but with different bulbs in?

linzTDI
25-09-03, 03:33 PM
nah there made by a company for all different kinds of cars there was a post on here a while back now where someone said they could get them at a discounted price if we ordered in bulk but then someone found a website with a company which makes them cheaper i am trying to find it so bare with me as it was a while ago and i cant remember which forum it was either

geordie_racer
25-09-03, 04:38 PM
the indiglo dials were bein sold by lee may on migweb.co.uk.

as for the digi dash for ?15 dom from migweb.co.uk can do you a kit allowing the dash to be any color you want including multicolored so pm about it if you want.

doms digi dash kit changes color using tinted films.

not sure how the indiglo dials work, and i dont know if the indiglo fuel guage would solve your problems either

chris

moffat sri
26-09-03, 12:41 AM
Like geordie_racer, mine didn't work and i thought it was the sender but since i've ma digi-dash fitted, i've had no problems.

as for the digi dash for ?15 dom from migweb.co.uk can do you a kit allowing the dash to be any color you want including multicolored so pm about it if you want.

Is this just instead of havin to sand off the colour on the see-through plastic plates in the back of the digi clocks? Can you get ready made coloured plates that you just simply put in place of the old ones?
Any good?

geordie_racer
26-09-03, 12:49 AM
dom has a website about the digi dash films, cant remember the addy but its in his profile on migweb.co.uk the kit quality is really good.

chris