View Full Version : performance tyres recommended for heavy cars

turbojolt
02-07-16, 04:46 PM
So my current car weighs 1600kgs and the tyres on it are god awful . Anyone on here able to recommend something suited to the small block of flats I'm currently trying to fling around lol

kevy.m
02-07-16, 06:36 PM
Depends how deep your pockets are !!!! Dunlop sport maxx race m10 xl

Are the tyres you have fitted reinforced or xl ??

Stuart
02-07-16, 07:35 PM
Pirelli Pzeros seem to work well on light and heavy cars, usually about £100 per corner (cheap), or tyre leader sometimes have them at £50ish (silly cheap)

kevy.m
02-07-16, 07:49 PM
Pirelli Pzeros seem to work well on light and heavy cars, usually about £100 per corner (cheap), or tyre leader sometimes have them at £50ish (silly cheap)

I had them on my m3 (zero rosso's) crap it the wet didn't suit my m3 at all but my mate had them on his scoob & he loved them
also I had good year gsd3 on my evo & they were the worst tyre I ever had (swapped them for dunlop's within a week)
but again they worked well on the Scooby ???
toyo t1rs are good but wear on the shoulders every time no matter what car theyre on.
Khumo's do a cracking mid range tyre used a few sets on my evo 6 & got 6000 miles out them but I totally leathered them.

Stuart
02-07-16, 08:05 PM
I'd not touch toyo road tyres with a barge pole :(

Used zero neros on stuff stuff from a 500 to astons and paganis, seemed to work fine in the wet, snow and dry lol
khumos are divine, ku31s are ace but hard to find. Marshall kh39 are the same rubber but different tread.

kevy.m
02-07-16, 08:21 PM
I'd not touch toyo road tyres with a barge pole :(

Used zero neros on stuff stuff from a 500 to astons and paganis, seemed to work fine in the wet, snow and dry lol
khumos are divine, ku31s are ace but hard to find. Marshall kh39 are the same rubber but different tread.

It must be my driving all tyres are crap lol

Forgot about marshall's loved them !!!

We tested the the p zero by putting leaving them on the rear of my evo & changed the fronts for khumos the arse end spent
more time over the white lines great fun but my matey pissed the seat lol

turbojolt
03-07-16, 02:10 PM
The tyres on it right now are 215/55/16 Goodyear efficient. They cry around every bend like a stuck pig.

Those Dunlop tyres are only 60 quid a corner in my required fitment

Pzeros are run flat tyres by the look of it and Jeremy Clarkson said run flat tyres are shit so........lol

meritlover
03-07-16, 08:30 PM
Stick to anything with a quality brand name like: Roadchomper, Ditchfinder, LingLang or Maxxiskid.

stay clear of anything with 'eco, green, blue or saver' in the name.

then filter from low to high

simples.

Stuart
03-07-16, 09:13 PM
The tyres on it right now are 215/55/16 Goodyear efficient. They cry around every bend like a stuck pig.

Those Dunlop tyres are only 60 quid a corner in my required fitment

Pzeros are run flat tyres by the look of it and Jeremy Clarkson said run flat tyres are shit so........lol

Nothing wrong with runflats, other than you should have tpms.

and not all Pzeros are run flat, the ones in the 500 aren't, but on my the 1 series they are lol

turbojolt
14-07-16, 03:00 PM
I'm going to order a set of the pzeros once I start my new job. I was out driving around today and I came across a new porsche panamera sporting a set of pzeros, just checked and they weigh close to 1900kgs lol and with all that power they must be decent tyres!

L33 LEG
14-07-16, 03:38 PM
I've got Pilot Super Sports on my stupidly heavy car, everyone seems to rave about them (especially the BMW world). P zeros are also highly recommended.