PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Full System and Manifold

bad_boy_nova
25-09-03, 09:21 AM
Ive just rang Ashley Exhausts and they said that they can do me an Ashley Manifold for ?125 and an Ashley Full System for ?130, all in mild steel for my Nova GTE engine. I thought this was very cheap. So, just a few questions.

1. As my nova is a mk2, but the exhaust is for a gte engine, will the tail pipe come out straight or at an angle?

2. How long do these exhuasts usually last?

3. What do they sound like? Are they loud? or raspy? or deep?

4. What are they like for power gains? Will i notice much difference?

Cheers

peester
25-09-03, 10:29 AM
do you get downpipe in there too? if you do whole system from block back sounds like good gains possible to me. nothing restricted then is there. Suppose as long as youve got uprated filter as well. Tis good price i can see why youre finding it 'almost a bit too cheap'. see what others say ive no experience wiv ashley. plenty of guys on here have got 'em.

mazza
25-09-03, 01:09 PM
im getting the 1.3/4 ashley system delivered today for ?120. should be interesting to see what its like. It will prolly poke out at an angle, supposed to sound very loud but i dont know if thats raspy or deep, just heard loud, prolly depend on engine.
dont have a clue what the power gains would be, im putting it on a 1.2 so im not expecting much. and as for how long they last 1 guy said hes had it for 2 - 3 years or so with no probs, another said his rusted in a year i think, guess it depends on a few things :?

benji
25-09-03, 07:18 PM
1. tail pipe will come out wrong but will fit if you use a different exhaust bracket( it might then rattle on the handbrake cable, best bet is get one for a gsi

2. i've had mine 2 years and that has been on 2 different cars and 3 engines, will probably need a new one in a years time

Ste_Nova
25-09-03, 07:23 PM
you think thats cheap my pcs sysyem was ?90 :lol: 18 month warrenty.... pity it rusted through in 14 months and i lost the recipt :roll:

Davegsi
26-09-03, 07:05 PM
ive got a full ashley system on my gsi. bought it from midland performance centre for around about that price. mine come's out staight on the back with a 3" outwardly rolled tailpipe. tis quite loud like. not sure on power gains a few brake maybe.

Dan
26-09-03, 08:48 PM
i have had my ashley system on the car for 2 1/2 yrs now, not a prob at all. They arent what i would call loud either as my twin carbs drown the ashley out

dave.gsi
27-09-03, 12:06 AM
i think if you order a gte system it comes out at an angle and if you get a gsi system it comes out straight. when i ordered my sportex the guy asked what rear bumper was fitted to the car (mk 1 or 2) rather than the gte/gsi engine. when i said mk2 bumper he sent me a straight(ish) backbox

srs1
27-09-03, 05:47 PM
i bought the exhaust system too from midland's. the gte system does come out at an angle. the gsi comes out straight. i got the gsi one for my gte. with the use of a trusty hammer it fits. it's loud enough. only spits back at 6000 rpm's.
also, from experience here. the full system does not include the manifold.
and if your planning of getting it, order them together.
i ordered seperatly and they dont join. had to go midlands to get them to sort it.