PDA

View Full Version : New Old member....

MonkeybynameMonkeybynatur
25-06-16, 06:39 PM
Hi all I have been trawling the Internet and recently PNG so I thought I should introduce myself.
My name is Paul and I have as Southie quite rightly pointed out been a member of PNG for a while. But never previously posted.
In the past I have owned 4 Novas;
-red 5 door Luxe (first car)
-Black Sri
-White Sri
-Black Gsi
Since then I am now married and have a young baby which takes up a lot of my time.
I have been in touch recently with an old pal who was equally nova mad.
I have an Audi S3 these days as a daily drive which I love (I will only post a pic if requested so as not to offend lol) but i want something I can work on in the evenings and take out at the weekend.

So I have come to the conclusion that once again I need another Nova in my life.
I'm not sure which way to play it yet as I'm loving looking at some of the projects that some of the guys on here have been completing since I last visited the site. The standard of the work on the members cars is staggering and a complete contrast from the Novaload days lol.
Ian's 20XE Trackday Nova
Swiss Trackday Nova
Too name just a couple.

It could go one of two ways.
1. Find a descent ish Sri/Gsi shell and painstakingly restore it to its former glory
2. Go all out project and put my skills and patience to the test. With a bare shell up C20XE project. Possibly twin 48 carb setup (my friend had an XE on 48's which sounded amazing)
Hell if I had the space I could do both (but I don't lol)

So I shall be keeping my eyes pealed for a descent shell/minter/project car to give me something to tinker with to pass some time and put a smile on my face.

Any advice appreciated I know I have come to the right place. Thanks guys [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

totalnova
25-06-16, 06:57 PM
Hello and welcome, you'll find the prices of anything desirable like sr's and gsi/gte have gone up a lot over the last few years, innit was me I would find the cleanest she'll I could and then turn it into your perfect Nova, also some parts are getting hard to get hold of now and are also getting pricey.
Nick

25-06-16, 08:12 PM
Thanks Nick i think you might be right. I saw an ad for a GTE for 10k!!!

25-06-16, 08:14 PM
Do you guys know of any issues of buying cars from Northern Ireland? They seem to be a few Novas popping up here and there and I'm not sure if it would be a hassle?

ASH GSI
25-06-16, 10:14 PM
My gsi will be for sale soon ;)

Benn
27-06-16, 12:21 PM
Hi and kinda welcome back.

Get a 1.2 or such shell that clean and build it up from there.

27-06-16, 12:33 PM
Thanks Benn I think you may be right. I has seen some pretty mint looking 1.2's recently. Still not cheap but might be worth the money for a clean shell [emoji1303]

Benn
28-06-16, 07:37 AM
I think it's the best way. Unless you randomly see a fully preped track spec shell for sale...

Benn
28-06-16, 01:08 PM
Ah ha, there you go. Buy NovaIan's track car. Everythings does already. Track ready.

Iain
28-06-16, 01:59 PM
I am flattered. We are instantly friends.

You can't go far wrong with Ian's car for sale, it's got all the right bits on and he spent his time getting things right during building it. It's only a bizarre interest in driving around in muddy circles in a scaffold-pole-based-motorbike-engined vehicle which is why it's for sale. lol

29-06-16, 02:17 PM
Ok after looking through even more of the epic projects on the forum I don't think I can help myself. I'm on a mission now for a clean 1.2 and I shall start from the bottom up. [emoji1303]

29-06-16, 02:18 PM
Expect to see a lot more of me hassling for parts and advise of you guys lol

Southie
30-06-16, 06:10 AM
Can't believe it's taken you 12 years to actually comment on here, have you been in prison? lol Welcome at long last anyway and good look finding a project ;)

Iain
30-06-16, 08:47 AM
Built yet?

30-06-16, 01:23 PM
Thanks Southie [emoji1303]
Thankfully no prison (that I recall anyways) pleased to make all of your acquaintances. [emoji4]

30-06-16, 01:25 PM
Iain,
Lol built yet! Funny man.. I think you guys know more than I do it may take me a while. I'm super excited about the whole thing though [emoji13]