PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk politics...

bazzap8389
20-06-16, 09:13 PM
So, the referendum is just a few days away. What's everyone's thoughts on it then? Problem is its hard to believe what any mp says as they're all cunts.

I'm leaning towards out, I hate the fact uk laws can be overruled by unelected cunts that know nothing about the real world.

Whats everyone's thoughts then?

discuss.

marc69
20-06-16, 09:38 PM
I am in the remain camp, can you imagine having laws made by firage or corbyn or Cameron and co......Also together stronger than separate for trade?

paul james
20-06-16, 09:42 PM
I'll vote to stay in I think. From what I've heard leaving isn't a simple process, and could take 3 years before we would actually be out of the EU. Makes it all a bit pointless if in those 3 years everyone migrates here and the rest of Europe stitches us up every chance they get.

Theres plus points and negatives to both choices and theres no simple answer to it, just a gamble either way.

bazzap8389
20-06-16, 09:46 PM
From what I've read seems we'd be able to trade more freely if we left though as there's a few countries we're not allowed to trade with apparently.

as you say though Paul it's a gamble both ways, I'll decide for sure on the day

Stuart
20-06-16, 09:52 PM
Wow, I know it's early days in the thread but I'd have expected more hate to rain down lol.

then again not had Andy or Edd in yet

bazzap8389
20-06-16, 09:53 PM
It'll come Stuart... lol

Edd
20-06-16, 10:15 PM
:d

if anyone actually gives a fcuk about themselves, their children, their children's children, their home town or their country they will vote to LEAVE the utter complete disgrace that is the European Union

there are many many reasons why its a piss take out of every one of us

European court of justice is a joke
unelected muppets in Brussels make laws for this country is a joke
migrants rocking up after paying no national insurance and getting access to the NHS for example is a joke
European court of human rights preventing fcukturds being deported is a joke
Cameron and Osbourne scaremongering tactics are a joke
idiots giving economic predictions that didn't see the 2008 crash coming is a joke
sly political tactic to remain are a joke

all this crap about economic losses if we leave, i for one don't care if im slightly out of pocket it it means
taking back control of the country
stop giving the EU money that's wasted on shit
stop 300,000 per year entering the country

the way i see it there is absolutely no reason to stay in, absolutely not one

all the Remainers have is scaremongering tactics, no truth, no facts, no addressing peoples concerns about immigration, nothing

Take back control and do yourselves and future generations justice and vote LEAVE

Southie
20-06-16, 10:17 PM
i ain't putting on here my vote.

Andy
20-06-16, 11:12 PM
I dont really need to say much thanks to edd.
Other than what iv already said before..which i find fuckin scandalous that we pay for euro dictatorship and invasion when we fought two wars to prevent it.How would those people think if still around today?
Also immigrants who have nothing to offer society..no job no real name.
350m a week and for what?? Our countries towns and citys regularly flood and they begrudge sending fucking sandbags.
We have people living in employment poverty yet send money to brussels rather than sort our own mess out.
The eurozone is on its rectum.

totalnova
20-06-16, 11:47 PM
Out, the reasons above say it all, time to take back our country.

Edd
21-06-16, 05:23 AM
The Common Market was a good idea back in the 70's
What it's become now is just embarrassing

John Major should of given us a referendum back in 1993
when he signed us up to the European union

Tony Blair certainly should of let us have a referendum in 2004 when he let eastern Europe invade our country

Stuart
21-06-16, 05:58 AM
Ah there we go, just what I expected lol

bazzap8389
21-06-16, 07:51 AM
Immigration is the main concern for me. Theres just too many of them here not enough housing and not enough jobs. Simple as that.

Iain
21-06-16, 07:58 AM
What's the key issue here

Let's get down to the nitty gritty

What really matters to the forum users and our futures

Will it affect us getting genuine vauxhall and opel panels?

Stuart
21-06-16, 08:02 AM
Immigration isn't the problem that ukip, BNP and Britain first make out. Sure you will say that locally there are more foreigners about or a load of polish delis etc, but at least most of them are working, unlike many British borne who can't be arsed to work yet blame them "phukin' immigrants"

Let's not forget that loads of ours GOTO live in in France or Spain etc, yet they are expats and we are somehow proud of them for doing the same as the eastern Europeans lol

If the borders were shut tomorrow, nothing would change in terms of jobs, benefits etc

marc69
21-06-16, 08:44 AM
Immigration isn't the problem that ukip, BNP and Britain first make out. Sure you will say that locally there are more foreigners about or a load of polish delis etc, but at least most of them are working, unlike many British borne who can't be arsed to work yet blame them "phukin' immigrants"

Let's not forget that loads of ours GOTO live in in France or Spain etc, yet they are expats and we are somehow proud of them for doing the same as the eastern Europeans lol

If the borders were shut tomorrow, nothing would change in terms of jobs, benefits etc Exactly. The same was said in the 50's and 70's regarding Caribean,Indian and Pakistani people, but they were all working. The western world is more mixed and I would hate for us to be like Nazi's were and only want our own kind. (bit extreme lol).

House
21-06-16, 09:21 AM
If we leave, the EU will say we can have a free trade deal, yep no problem, you can trade with whoever you like in the bloc, no fees or taxes.......oh but one tiny little stipulation, European passport holders and workers must be allowed to come and go as they please in and out of your country to work or live. So, I'm sorry the immigration argument, that voting out will stop immigration and take our country back is, as far as I can see, a dead rubber!! Voting out will not change the net immagration from the EU.

As for me I'm not going to discuss which way I'm voting, but, I lived in Germany for 3 years from 2010-2013, working, taking money out the country, yeah we had an apartment out there but all the money I earnt came back here, I didn't pay any German taxes.

My company relies on the free trade agreement to allow me to buy lifts from Germany and sell them here at a competitive rate. Yeah ok we'll get a trade deal with Germany but at what cost? If the trade deal takes 3 years to initiate, what happens in the meantime? Are we going to be import duty taxed until these trade deals are in place?

Regarding the rules imposed on us from the EU, this is my biggest problem, I've worked all over Europe and nowhere but the UK are the kind of health and safety rules we have imposed. It's unreal the rules we work to that the rest of Europe doesn't.

So, in short, free trade yes, EU dictating what laws we can and can't pass, no.

I genuinely haven't decided which way to vote, I think I won't know until I actually get to the ballot. I've been In, then Out, then In, then Out, the fact that all the facts are covered up, so the general voter isn't really sure is also a massive issue. It's hard to know what's real and what's not but I guess that's politics.

I must also apologise for the grammar, I've written this on my phone!!

turbojolt
21-06-16, 10:26 AM
Why is 90% of the out voters affiliated to num brained groups such as English drunken league or Britain's worse.....

It taints the whole campaign

turbojolt
21-06-16, 10:44 AM
No jobs and no housing is laughable. A online search within 5 to 10 miles of most people's location will show thousands of jobs and houses for sale/rent

Jack
21-06-16, 11:11 AM
The thing that irks me the most about this whole debate has been the complete lack of accurate or factual information from either side's figureheads, and how people have just reposted stuff without doing any form of fact checking first.
No, the EU doesn't cost us £350m a week.
No, we don't have open borders that let anyone walk straight in from the rest of the EU and stay here living off benefits (on that argument, there's quite strict rules from the EU, but it's our government who have to implement them - so if they're failing in that, it's not really the EU's fault!).
No, TTIP will NOT kill the NHS - the conservatives are far more likely to kill/privatize it themselves!
No, being outside of the EU won't make us free of their regulations OR the ECHR OR the ECJ
...It goes on. And if you counter an argument you get labelled as being anti-UK, despite people not actually knowing which way you're going to vote. lol

we fought two wars to prevent it.How would those people think if still around today?
They'd think we still have a relatively peaceful Europe with no major conflicts. Is that not what they fought for? We could have just signed a peace treaty with Hitler and left him to sort out the Soviets for us.

One final thought, which I'm nicking from a friend on FB lol - those who say you don't like the regulation handed down from the EU, can you state specifically which regulations you disagree with?

wwmnw
21-06-16, 11:13 AM
As already said, those who are just thinking about immigration have NOT done enough research, the government can currently already control who comes from outside the EU borders and those within the EU borders still have to show their passport when entering the UK, so its already all controllable but you can thank people like Jo Cox (I'm not condoning her murder at all poor woman didn't deserve that)she was pro immigration and all for helping all the people from war torn country's (syria, iraq etc) come here for a better life then things like what happened in Jesmond (Newcastle) happen, immigrants that have been here a couple fo days rape a teenager.

I'm voting out, but not because of immigration, because its not democratic and then there are silly things like some dickhead who makes rules and laws for the EU banned the sale of high power vacuum cleaners (that's just an example, although I do miss my 2000w Hoover :( )

Stuart
21-06-16, 11:13 AM
So, in short, free trade yes, EU dictating what laws we can and can't pass, no.

This!

The trade and free movement of people is great.
The fact "we" the UK bend over and do everything the "EU" stipluates while the rest of the place doesnt is a pain.

In and grow some balls, or a pseudo Out where the trade and people movement is still there... maybe.

Thankfully its more of a "shall we?" question and the Govt COULD just not leave if the vote goes that way. Or it COULD leave if the vote goes the other way....
How OUT has never been answered, there is also a lack of a plan should OUT happen.... If there was a credible argument form the outers I'd have a hint more time and respect for them.

wwmnw
21-06-16, 11:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-Gb8Pk2Pk

Edd
21-06-16, 12:33 PM
Stu, what credible factual reasons have the Remainers come out with?

I think the free movement of people law is a disgrace, we need a Australian type system

Jack
21-06-16, 12:37 PM
This!
Double this lol

Take it back to the old EEC and just keep it as an economic union IMO. I can see why they made it more political, but I don't really think it needs to be. Just whack all the eastern bloc countries into NATO and wait for Putin to do something stupid lol

Stuart
21-06-16, 12:41 PM
Stu, what credible factual reasons have the Remainers come out with?

I think the free movement of people law is a disgrace, we need a Australian type system

what credible factual reasons have the Outs come up with?... and not corrected despite being told many many times to stop touting various numbers and "facts"?
The Remains have been shitehawks too, but they simply used made up crap that cant be true or untrue like being worse off etc. as opposed to say the £350million crap. Also if that did build a hospital a week where would we staff it from with all the immigration closed off? lol also after the first one or two, suddenly land would become horrifically expensive lol

Its only EU citizens that have free movement, sure thats still a problem to some, but the outsiders still have to jump through hoops to steal your job, steal your house, claim benefits and commit sex crimes.

Edd
21-06-16, 12:41 PM
Jack, why do you think we wouldn't be rid of the ECJ or the European human rights act?
We only have to be part of this because of being a member of the European union

I agree tho, like many others just take it back to the European common market

Edd
21-06-16, 12:44 PM
What happens when the millions Mrs Merkel let in get EU citizenship?
All these scumbags will be over here then!!!

Edd
21-06-16, 12:45 PM
Plus a load of Balkan countries joining

Then Turkey........

Edd
21-06-16, 12:47 PM
Can any Remainer answer the question of, How many immigrants if enough?
It's a fact this country cannot sustain the current level of immigration
So when and how is it going to stop?

Stuart
21-06-16, 12:51 PM
The balkan states, and turkey have been trying to join since the start lol, they have lists of things to fix before they can join and they arent even 10% into the to do list.

and yeah, the human rights is soooooo bad....
OK I will say that its too kind to prisoners, but other than that its done quite well, especially with employment law too.... but lets go back to unions on strike for no good reason etc

Stuart
21-06-16, 12:57 PM

If the borders were closed tomorrow, would your life suddenly get better and you'd have £££££££££ in yoru pocket extra?

House
21-06-16, 01:09 PM
Head nail hit hard!!!

Common Market/free trade Yes
Open borders and EU Dictorship No

The ballot should have 3 answers

IN
OUT
IN with proper reforms on the things that matter to the UK

Easy

totalnova
21-06-16, 01:11 PM
We can not sustain 300,000 people entering the country every year, granted 180,000 of those was from out side the EU, so that's a different subject altogether, I have no problem with immigration just as long as we get to limit the numbers and decide what type of job roles need filling. There are plenty of good things that the EU do, but there is no reason we can't carry on the good but cut out all the bullshit and red tape that Brussels dream up. I fear for my children's future the way this country is going, we need a change, short term it may get worse but we will come out the other side stronger.
Plus I honestly believe if we do leave the EU it will be the beginning Of The End for the union and other countries will follow our lead.

Stuart
21-06-16, 01:12 PM
Edd, if the vote is In, will you leave the UK/EU area?...... ironic question I know but the point stands that if you arent happy with the UK as it is and the way you wanted ti to go didnt work, will you look elsewhere?

Stuart
21-06-16, 01:15 PM
We can not sustain 300,000 people entering the country every year, granted 180,000 of those was from out side the EU, so that's a different subject altogether, I have no problem with immigration just as long as we get to limit the numbers and decide what type of job roles need filling. There are plenty of good things that the EU do, but there is no reason we can't carry on the good but cut out all the bullshit and red tape that Brussels dream up. I fear for my children's future the way this country is going, we need a change, short term it may get worse but we will come out the other side stronger.
Plus I honestly believe if we do leave the EU it will be the beginning Of The End for the union and other countries will follow our lead.

Thats 300K NET, 170Kish Brits left too lol

totalnova
21-06-16, 01:22 PM
Edd will want to be here just like everyone else in Europe lol

Mike
21-06-16, 01:28 PM
just like everyone else in Europe lol

Not entirely true lol Me & Mrs Mike are emigrating once she leaves the forces.

Jack
21-06-16, 01:33 PM
Jack, why do you think we wouldn't be rid of the ECJ or the European human rights act?
We only have to be part of this because of being a member of the European union
Sorry, yes - my mistake on the ECJ. But the ECHR we'd still be subject to as it's nowt to do with the EU, it's a European thing separate from the EU. That said, if we did come out and want to set up a trade agreement, we'd be liable to abiding by EU regulations but have no say in shaping those regulations.

Yep - I believe France are waiting to see what we do before they all start rioting, set fire to everything and try to exit. Mind you they'd probably just riot and set fire to everything if they stayed in lol

Edd
21-06-16, 01:35 PM
If the borders were closed tomorrow, would your life suddenly get better and you'd have £££££££££ in yoru pocket extra?

Not suddenly I doubt no
But a leave vote would certainly stop the flow of people
I previously mentioned that I wouldn't mind being slightly out of pocket

Still you couldn't answer the question tho could you?

Stuart
21-06-16, 02:07 PM
Not suddenly I doubt no
But a leave vote would certainly stop the flow of people
I previously mentioned that I wouldn't mind being slightly out of pocket

Still you couldn't answer the question tho could you?

The lack of facts?
True, lack of them for in. But better than the actual lies sold as facts for out.... Care to find me some non lies? (or atleast non xenophobic ones lol)

totalnova
21-06-16, 02:31 PM
Nobody knows what the country will be like in 10 years either way, but I definitely dont like the way we are heading if we remain.

wwmnw
21-06-16, 03:50 PM

I am also on the vote out team, but if immigration is your main concern you really need to do some research as the immigration bullshit, if you look into it, is pretty bullshit, as already said so many hundred thousand have come in, but so many hundred thousand have also left and of those that came in many will have come here for work, and not just like these polish hand car wash folks, its them types the pro leave immigration fear mongers harp on about, they forget about the people that come from Pakistan/India/China/Japan etc to be doctors or nurses, the people that actually aren't afraid to work long hours for little money (I say little, its little money for the hours they work and social sacrifices they make even if it is 30K+)

The NHS tourism is going to be stopped if we're in or out, that's already been on the news and I cant confirm this as I don't work for the NHS but apparently its already quite corrupt and that's corruption by the British people that are in charge of it, not foreigners!

People who are just voting out because 'thy tuk r joooooooobs' NEED to look at the bigger picture, I am on the out team but I'm wondering if its the right choice as there is SO much bullshit from BOTH sides I no longer know what to believe. I am sick of being called racist for wanting to vote out though.

Stuart
21-06-16, 04:56 PM
I am also on the vote out team, but if immigration is your main concern you really need to do some research as the immigration bullshit, if you look into it, is pretty bullshit, as already said so many hundred thousand have come in, but so many hundred thousand have also left and of those that came in many will have come here for work, and not just like these polish hand car wash folks, its them types the pro leave immigration fear mongers harp on about, they forget about the people that come from Pakistan/India/China/Japan etc to be doctors or nurses, the people that actually aren't afraid to work long hours for little money (I say little, its little money for the hours they work and social sacrifices they make even if it is 30K+)

The NHS tourism is going to be stopped if we're in or out, that's already been on the news and I cant confirm this as I don't work for the NHS but apparently its already quite corrupt and that's corruption by the British people that are in charge of it, not foreigners!

People who are just voting out because 'thy tuk r joooooooobs' NEED to look at the bigger picture, I am on the out team but I'm wondering if its the right choice as there is SO much bullshit from BOTH sides I no longer know what to believe. I am sick of being called racist for wanting to vote out though.

I'm on a fair few forums (very diverse social and employment scope), and you are about the most level headed outer I've seen lol

Benn
21-06-16, 05:13 PM

You are the only person i've seen say they are voting out. But not because of all the immigrants. I'm impressed.

House
21-06-16, 05:35 PM
If your main reason for voting out is to stop immigration and "get our country back" then you've been sadly misled.

Let me also throw this into the mix.

DC's position will be untenable if vote leave win. How can he orchestrate a leave from the EU that he so vehemently objected?!?

As for the truth, none of us know what's really going on, they pay people to bastardise "facts and figures" to suit their own arguments!! It's impossible for us common people to find the truth!!!

totalnova
21-06-16, 05:43 PM
The term take our country back means to me that we take back the power Brussels has and give it to our elected MPs, it has nothing to do with immigration.

bazzap8389
21-06-16, 05:59 PM
Lots of bullshit on both sides but the fact of the matter is laws are enfoced on the uk by an unelected parliament that seems to suit other countries more than us. The only problem with leaving is the uncertainty of what will happen. It'll be what it'll be

paul james
21-06-16, 06:14 PM
I'm voting out, but not because of immigration, because its not democratic and then there are silly things like some dickhead who makes rules and laws for the EU banned the sale of high power vacuum cleaners (that's just an example, although I do miss my 2000w Hoover :( )

I bought a new hoover last week, way more powerful than the similar old one, on the highest setting it will pull the carpet off the floor!
When that rule came out, the fuss people made you'd think evil EU beaurocrats were going to come to your home, confiscate your hoover and give you a dust pan and brush instead.

Stuart
21-06-16, 06:32 PM
We vote in MEP's, it's their fucking fault they don't turn up to do anything. Garage for example wants to help our fishermen with EU stuff, yet he didn't turn up for 3 out of 4 discussions and votes....he was in the same building. Self serving ****

scott.parker
21-06-16, 06:45 PM
Interesting stuff in here, I'm voting out, it's risky "IF" we actually do leave, as it will be difficult for a bit, but I think in the long run we need to, my dad said in 75 he tried to tell people not to join, as he was worried the reality we have now would happen, free trade EEC is brilliant for business, but laws made, and forced upon us that loads of other EU counties laugh at is a joke, but the problem lies with our corrupt and limp government leaders who are in it just to get rich quick!..

There's lots of countries who ignore the laws, I couldn't believe how everyone in Austria smokes in pubs and restaurants etc, I said it's illegal, they said funk the eu laws, we don't care, similar things go on in most eu countries, it's just us who do as we're dictated to..

I've no facts, but more just a rumor, but if the UK lost control of its armed forces and was made to join a "European Army" imo is a really bad move, i don't see a problem with our forces now, so why "fix" it?

Immigration is what it is, I can't see how you can "fix" issues there.

My main concern is, I can't see the UK having enough control and decisions over laws we have here, to many stupid eu rulings have been passed already, just imagine if they passed the idea of banning any vehicle that's "modified" from factory?
That's awesome for the economy and jobs! lol

Edd
21-06-16, 08:03 PM
BBC one now

wwmnw
21-06-16, 08:25 PM
Interesting stuff in here, I'm voting out, it's risky "IF" we actually do leave, as it will be difficult for a bit, but I think in the long run we need to, my dad said in 75 he tried to tell people not to join, as he was worried the reality we have now would happen, free trade EEC is brilliant for business, but laws made, and forced upon us that loads of other EU counties laugh at is a joke, but the problem lies with our corrupt and limp government leaders who are in it just to get rich quick!..

There's lots of countries who ignore the laws, I couldn't believe how everyone in Austria smokes in pubs and restaurants etc, I said it's illegal, they said funk the eu laws, we don't care, similar things go on in most eu countries, it's just us who do as we're dictated to..

That right there says it all, I was talking to my landladys dad (he's old as fuck but his memory is amazing) and he was talking about when he ran an egg farm and how it was great and he made enough to live happily, until we joined the EU and then France started sending eggs over that were 4p a dozen cheaper and the British farmers couldn't compete with that so this put a lot of British poultry farmers on the slope to going out of business unless they were big enough to compete.

Anyway he had some machine that weighed the eggs for grading but when we joined the EU we went from imperial to metric which rendered the machine useless without the new master weights to calibrate it (which he did eventually get) skip forward a couple of decades and he's watching something on TV about french farmers and this french farmer is using the same type of machine he had, but with imperial weights on it and not metric which was meant to be the law for him! Apparently the farmer even said he didn't care and would continue to use the old machine.

wwmnw
21-06-16, 08:35 PM
I'm on a fair few forums (very diverse social and employment scope), and you are about the most level headed outer I've seen lol

You are the only person i've seen say they are voting out. But not because of all the immigrants. I'm impressed.

I've done some research, plus the NHS does rely on foreign doctors because most of us Brits would rather spend all our time getting pissed and complaining about immigration than to actually do however many years at uni and get into ridiculous debt to work in a job that will, in 15 years time stand them in good stead and see them retire comfortably.

Although I am NOT keen on the idea of Turkey joining the EU my reasons are, once again I have done a lot of research on this and have seen evidence, Turkey (and Saudi Arabia) have been supplying ISIS and buying oil off them, free movement + heavily armed terrorists = fun times (just ask France) but I am aware they have hoops to jump through before they are even considered! If only they'd stop killing Kurdish civilians in the southern regions it would be a good start!

House
21-06-16, 09:06 PM
I've counted the leave campaign say the words "take back control" 45 times so far.

It appears, that if all else fails just shout "take back control" hahahahaha

This is enthralling

Jack
22-06-16, 09:31 AM
It's impossible for us common people to find the truth!!!
It's not too hard, you can actually find a massive amount of independent advice/statistics from a quick google on most things. Generally avoid any .gov websites or the daily mail and you should be fine lol

the fact of the matter is laws are enfoced on the uk by an unelected parliament
We do vote for representation (the EU parliament is similar to Westminster with the elected MPs/MEPs, the council/Lords, and the underlying civil service). Yes there is a vast stage to represent, but the UK does have almost 10% of the EU parliament so we do have a fair weight. As a comparison, of the total 650 UK MPs in Westminster, 18 represent Northern Ireland (3%), 40 for Wales (6%) and 59 for Scotland (9%) - and you don't see any of them trying to get independen- oh wait lol

I've no facts, but more just a rumor, but if the UK lost control of its armed forces and was made to join a "European Army" imo is a really bad move, i don't see a problem with our forces now, so why "fix" it?
IMO this is just scaremongering - the only viable way this would be implemented is as a military alliance, in which we're already involved with most of Europe anyway (see: UN, NATO). We do have huge issues with our armed forces at the moment, but thats all down to governmental underfunding and ridiculous subcontracting/outsourcing.

We vote in MEP's, it's their fucking fault they don't turn up to do anything. Garage for example wants to help our fishermen with EU stuff, yet he didn't turn up for 3 out of 4 discussions and votes....he was in the same building. Self serving ****
BNP would be a better vote than UKIP for MEPs, at least they'd turn up lol

Although I am NOT keen on the idea of Turkey joining the EU my reasons are, once again I have done a lot of research on this and have seen evidence, Turkey (and Saudi Arabia) have been supplying ISIS and buying oil off them, free movement + heavily armed terrorists = fun times (just ask France) but I am aware they have hoops to jump through before they are even considered!
Turkey won't join the EU for a long time, if ever - of the 35 conditions to joining, I think they've only satisfied something like one of them lol and the UK is still happily waving it's veto around to stop them joining. They also missed the deadline for visa-free EU travel - in fact, rant ahoy, one of the things that bugged me recently was people sharing a post on FB that said to google something like 'turkey eu visa october 2016' or something, which then took you to articles about how Turkey was going to get free pass EU visas. Except all the results were months out of date and if you actually just searched for 'turkey eu visa' you'd get recent results that showed they'd failed to get it. It's misinformation and misdirection like that which has overshadowed a lot of this

wwmnw
22-06-16, 04:05 PM
Well I've obviously read some of the tripe too, I actually saw a sign in Manchester (near media city) which was on about turkey joining the EU, can't remember exactly what it said but it was a massive sign right by a busy road. Quite cconvincing and obviously aimed at people who won't do the research!

I'm still seeing a lot of conflicting information but I still feel if we do get out and it goes wrong, we could get back in!

mk1nova_rich
22-06-16, 09:26 PM
I'm voting out. Tried not to read or watch anything from either side, no need as my mind has been made up for a long time for a few reasons.

I find it insulting to our history that so many people feel we need to be part of this club to be internationally recognised.

I can't see in any way how we are financially better off with all the economic powerhouses in the EU and those on the waiting list...Greece, Ireland, Spain, Albania, Macedonia....surely thats the equivalent of jumping in a lake with bricks tied to your feet!!

All the people that say trade unionism drags a country down - yet quite happy to hold hands with the French

Britain is one of the (two) supporting legs of the whole party. I'd love to see Europe crumble as a result of years of bureaucratic corruption.

The fact we kept our currency tells a story on its own, rather than adopt that monopoly money shite.

Jack
22-06-16, 09:56 PM
I still feel if we do get out and it goes wrong, we could get back in!
If anything it's more likely to be the other way round, as in it's easy to leave but much harder to get in (shout out to Turkey, you guys enjoying our veto? lol) - remember ALL states have to agree to a member application (Lisbon Treaty, Article 49) (http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-european-union-and-comments/title-6-final-provisions/136-article-49.html), and you can imagine a few noses would have been put out of joint by us leaving. Without hinting at anyone France it only takes one state to say no and we can't get back in.

Whereas, if we stay in, there's nothing to stop us leaving at any time in the future of our own accord (Article 50) (http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-European-union-and-comments/title-6-final-provisions/137-article-50.html).

So when people say "it's a one way decision", it's kinda not

Stuart
22-06-16, 10:00 PM
My lovely wife watched the debate last night, she now has the Turkey thing in her mind.... But without the "we are stopping them at the moment and they have a list of things to do first too" rationale lol

Stuart
22-06-16, 10:02 PM
Also, thankfully an out is still only what the voters opinion is and not a legal requirement :)

Jack
22-06-16, 10:09 PM
Very true. If the majority swings towards out though they'd have to follow up with it or Farage wil be sitting in the hot seat come next election time lol

The theorist in me does consider that if we leave, we'd want to set up a trade agreement with the EU (why not, it's right on our doorstep, it makes sense). As a condition, they'd want us in the Schengen area, much like many other european non-EU states. Cameron would limp in the face of keeping European-owned business in the UK; suddenly we have no say in the likes of Turkey joining, and we've got wide open borders to anyone from the EU with no visas or passport control or suchlike.

It's only theoretical, and would require a) Cameron to be a wet fart and... ahh. lol

Stuart
22-06-16, 10:16 PM
Indeed, an out out, is more dangerous for immigration of "them phackin ones from christmas bird" than staying in and saying no to new members.

also, while ukip do their thang, they shouldn't be Sodding MEPs as they are fucking the uk over in their race to cause trouble

Mike
22-06-16, 10:31 PM
The fact we kept our currency tells a story on its own

No, not at all. The global stock market as weve always known it would crash if the £ was removed.

_Tomiboy
23-06-16, 06:55 AM
Have you changed all the cash to Eur or to Dollar?

mk1nova_rich
23-06-16, 06:59 AM
No, not at all. The global stock market as weve always known it would crash if the £ was removed.

Reinforcing the point that Britain doesn't need the EU with Sterling being such a strong currency internationally.

Mike
23-06-16, 01:25 PM
Reinforcing the point that Britain doesn't need the EU with Sterling being such a strong currency internationally.

Wrong again. Theres 4 major currencies on the stock market, the £, €, $ and ¥. If ANY one of them was to no longer exist the entire global market would crash & what ever currency was removed, say the £ for instance, that economy could highly likely be worth absolutely nothing overnight.

This country will never ever use €s, it cant because the aforementioned. Trade with european based countries would NOT cease as it would hit there economy just as much as our own.

Marketing platforms could potentially take a massive hit yes, however they will not disappear completly. If you have any knowledge of investments or the stock market this should be glaringly obvious.

Mike
23-06-16, 01:29 PM
Have you changed all the cash to Eur or to Dollar?

The £ to $ has jumped from £1/ $1.46 yesterday to £1/ $1.48 today.

Last friday I brought $500 at £1/ $1.43 so the £ is getting stronger. However, i reckon if we leave, by tomorrow it could be as low as £1/ $1.30

Edd
23-06-16, 02:52 PM
Even the leaders of PNG are deluded :d

Mike
23-06-16, 03:09 PM
Even the leaders of PNG are deluded :d

I dont think theres a right or wrong unless its based on a moral decision. IE, as a British citizen your voting for your right to be totally (well, as much you can be!) led & governed by a UK based goverment with UK based interests at heart. Not trying to please other people.

What I am saying tho, is In or Out, the £ will drop tomorrow. By how much depends on the Brexit result.

£ to $ is now peaking at 1.49, im off to buy all my holiday monies tonight lol lol

Stuart
23-06-16, 03:42 PM
Found out the leave negotiations just for article 50 will take 2 years, at some manic cost. Plus more negotiations and deals so easily 5-10years before a hint of being out(if it goes that way) and I'd easily imagine a fuck off big recession for that whole period :(

Edd
23-06-16, 03:55 PM
No one can honestly believe that European countries will put a tariff on stuff they sell to us

Scaremongering about the economy is just that

Stuart
23-06-16, 04:03 PM
The tariff is easy..... we have to be in the single market, fine... but that means open borders to EU nationals but with no veto on them there countries from joining

Edd
23-06-16, 04:42 PM
Free movement of people and the trade deals shouldn't be linked

The main reason I voted to leave

Some stupid treaty crap John Major signed us up to

bazzap8389
23-06-16, 07:40 PM
Voted leave :thumb:

Iain
23-06-16, 09:01 PM
I did a vote without fully understanding the facts.

I am an adult. I did an adult.

mk1nova_rich
23-06-16, 11:32 PM
Not one person I have spoken to in the last few days was intending to vote IN so if we remain in the EU its a fucking fix :mad:

Will be interesting to find out how many remain voters still feel that way in 5-10 years time

wwmnw
24-06-16, 12:09 AM
Fuck Newcastle, fuck you guys voting remain! Traitors!

mk1nova_rich
24-06-16, 12:20 AM
Fuck Newcastle, fuck you guys voting remain! Traitors!

All the bastard students for ya lol get in Sunderland!! The woman declaring results was quite clearly a remain voter hahaha

wwmnw
24-06-16, 12:27 AM
Yes thank you Sunderland, now hoping Durham is majority leave as Durham is a bigger area (and hopefully more people here have common sense)

Andy
24-06-16, 05:34 AM
"And for that reason...we're out"

Stuart
24-06-16, 05:55 AM
Well with the £ worthless now, fuel is gonna be batshit mental expensive :( a nice slow clap to the people not thinking that through.. if the £ stayed where it was at midnight fuel would be back down under a quid lol

bazzap8389
24-06-16, 06:12 AM
I hope fuel prices go up.. Especially the oil price.

Andy
24-06-16, 07:12 AM
Well with the £ worthless now, fuel is gonna be batshit mental expensive :( a nice slow clap to the people not thinking that through.. if the £ stayed where it was at midnight fuel would be back down under a quid lol
Cherry ftw then
fantastic result for Great Britain

Stuart
24-06-16, 08:09 AM
Shite Britain

totalnova
24-06-16, 09:54 AM
I'm glad we are out, it could get quite messy over the next 5 years but I honestly believe we will be better off in the long run and the it will be the downfall of the corrupt EU and countries like Spain and Greece might finally be able to recover.

Mike
24-06-16, 10:13 AM
The £ will only be volatile until October when a new PM gets in then itll start to rise again.

The market surged massivly in 4 hrs very late last night making it appear the £ dropped more then it usually does when polls happen.

Mike
24-06-16, 10:16 AM
The £ will only be volatile until October when a new PM gets in then itll start to rise again.

The market surged massivly in 4 hrs very late last night making it appear the £ dropped more then it usually does when polls happen.

However the Yen dropped 3% aswell. All the super rich people wouldve cashed in late last night compounding the problem. So really, its not just down to economic uncertainty, its down to people playing the ftse an making a shit load of money in a very short time.

mk1nova_rich
24-06-16, 10:27 AM
Funny how everyone else now wants to leave.

House
24-06-16, 10:34 AM
The 6 lifts I've got on order from Germany are now 8% more expensive this morning than they were last night!!

It's not a cost I can pass on, approximately £16,000 out of my pocket!! Great!!

marc69
24-06-16, 01:23 PM
Everyone is just thinking of money and their won pocket. I guarantee we will all be worse off. Scotland will leave, Ireland I reckon may leave too, leaving just Wales and England together if they are lucky.

Culturally we are all set to go backwards and being totally isolated...well I can't believe that Farage (I knew his history teacher from when he was at school, apparently he was opinionated before even being taught any facts) or Boris (who is very media savvy, power hungry and will sell his granny and country to gain more power without doubt) are the type of leaders to represent England.

Scotland now has a nationalist government, England will soon have the next best thing, if Europe continues to break up (France almost went Nationalist already) we will have lots of Nationalistic countries just like 100 years ago. Look what happened there..........................

House
24-06-16, 01:45 PM
Everyone is just thinking of money and their won pocket.

I was also thinking about the 3 guys we employ on site, the 2 girls in the office and the 5-6 subbies we use on a regular basis!!

Edd
24-06-16, 02:52 PM
What is needed is not some mass panic

Just negotiations to get us back to the terms of the EEC is what should now happen

Stuart
24-06-16, 03:08 PM
What is needed is not some mass panic

Just negotiations to get us back to the terms of the EEC is what should now happen

Which come with open boarders and NO say in who joins, so actually worse off than simply being "in" like we are presently.... echo echo echo lol

Andy
24-06-16, 07:42 PM
Absolutely pissed myself lolling at all the zomgoders saying everything's ballsed and the economy is ruined
erm all that's changed since yesterday is the people have spoken and declared what they want
as Mike rightly says players have played the shares and that's why they're loaded and we are on here.
Had to laugh at all the clampets calling leave voters racist,very pathetic.Face it majority of the country have had enough.

Mike
24-06-16, 07:43 PM
So the assumption is other countries will no longer buy from UK an devalue there own economies because we left the EU?

If it is, thats possibly the stupidist thing ive heard all day!

This afternoon alone the £ has already started climbing again, peaked at 1.39 on the dollar around midday. Markets on the £ lowed at 1.34, peaked at 1.39 and closed at 1.36 today (almost 1.37)

On the Euro it lowed at 1.22, peaked at 1.25 and closed at 1.23

Like i said yesterday, the £ will crash becuase it peaked incredibly fast within literally hours. And its already starting to rally again.

All figures are FACT. From www.xe.com which is the exact FTSE rate updated every few minutes.

jonn
24-06-16, 09:09 PM
what do you think is gonna happen in future with Scotland and northern Ireland as both seem to want to stay in EU?

House
24-06-16, 09:10 PM
I don't deny in the long term we will be far stronger, it's just the 2-3-4 years of uncertainty that worry me slightly.

We needed out, I agree the EU is broken, beyond our help.

I would have like to see a proper manifesto from both sides during campaigning, instead of all the scaremongering.

Southie
24-06-16, 09:23 PM
It's happened so that's it now, everybody in the UK needs to work together now and make money and spend wisely for quite a few years but with a slightly larger out vote people have now to club together in my eyes.

paul james
24-06-16, 09:25 PM
I think beforehand they should have stated that there needed to be some sort of higher majority, like 10%. As 2% isn't that much, almost half the population didn't want to leave. It would have forced a clearer decision from people.

I don't quite see the sense in Scotland wanting to be independant from the UK but part of the EU. They don't want to be controlled by English politicians because they apparently don't know/care enough about Scotland, but further away EU ones are somehow better? If they leave I really hope the Welsh assembly doesn't get the same idea, now that would be a disaster!

Southie
24-06-16, 09:33 PM
A lot of regional areas were very tightly voted, Leeds for instance was a 50-50 with roughly about 2000 votes different, I suspect plenty of regional areas were the same but this is what the vote was about and it came down to only two choices and no middle ground.

I'm personally not scared at the outcome, which ever way people vote you'll always have money issues unless money doesn't come into it.

The company where I work are a UK company and about 90% of the companies we deal with also are UK based so I voted towards myself currently, it may sound like I don't care but if I can save for the future for my family with a good solid UK company then that's where I lay my hat.... I may regret it but that's a risk worth taking in my eyes.

Stuart
24-06-16, 09:36 PM
I would have like to see a proper manifesto from both sides during campaigning, instead of all the scaremongering.

this!!! Even a half arsed plan from leave as to what they would do or look at would have probably got more people supporting them... Eg I was probably 60%remain, wouldn't have taken much to convince me that leave was right had here been a plan.
the Scottish had a plan, granted it might have relied on oil too much but it was at least a sodding plan.

mr house, you are far too sensible, we must fix this!

as for the leaves =racist, I'm sure had it gone the other way they would have their 'it was rigged, they rubbed out votes out' bullshit going.
i have a sense of mistrust about people now lol that should go in about 5 years lol

Southie
24-06-16, 09:41 PM
Re the people being "racist" who leave, well sorry but some of the biggest areas that are Muslim based voted leave which are also massive areas in uk politics that also are a Labour vote, says to me that the UK has become a multiUKnational vote which has joined all of the party's a little bit closer somehow.

Stuart
24-06-16, 09:45 PM
Re the people being "racist" who leave, well sorry but some of the biggest areas that are Muslim based voted leave which area also massive areas in uk politics that also are a Labour vote, says to me that the UK has become a multiUKnational vote which has joined all of the party's a little bit closer somehow.

Except the welsh, they couldn't possibly vote remain as they assumed it equated to a hand job for DC lol, seems many couldn't disconnect party politics with the cause

House
24-06-16, 09:47 PM
mr house, you are far too sensible

Wash your mouth out with soap!!!!

Southie
24-06-16, 09:47 PM
Except the welsh, they couldn't possibly vote remain as they assumed it equated to a hand job for DC lol, seems many couldn't disconnect party politics with the cause
Sadly so many people didn't know maybe enough then they just heard the better things in life and followed sheep...

Also IMO this whole voting was very very weak from both sides to get actual decent points across, was it me or was there naff all part political broadcasts... It needed to maybe brainwash people either way but at least give people some idea of what would really happen as I feel so many people have been blagged by not knowing and following what there mates did, so many of the younger generation will have voted and really known feck all properly..,.., tbh I knew feck all :eek:

Edd
24-06-16, 10:11 PM
A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

Southie
24-06-16, 10:17 PM
First day as you say Edd but still unknown really of what will happen but as I said the UK will stand together to be as one because well we now have to regardless.

Mike
24-06-16, 10:45 PM
A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

Essentially, this^.

Nowt but a storm in a chinese made teacup that was worth a few pence more on Wednesday evening down the market.

Oh, and you might need to get a €20 visa next time you go on a booze cruise to france.

Itll be interesting to see for my line of work what agencies will do with regards to contracts in Europe now, and its about time the industry rate went up aswell lol

Jack
25-06-16, 11:39 AM
Not a bad first day of freedom.
We're still in the EU though, not free just yet lol

I have just seen on one of those 'trending' things that James Corden was pro-EU. That makes me want out even more lol

Stuart
25-06-16, 01:12 PM
We're still in the EU though, not free just yet lol

I have just seen on one of those 'trending' things that James Corden was pro-EU. That makes me want out even more lol

I'd have voted out had that been known lol

House
27-06-16, 10:45 PM
Pound at the lowest level against the dollar for 31 years

Euro at 1.21 was at 1.19 earlier today.

Political party leadership battles, Scotland stating it will remain part of Europe, Northern Ireland wanting to become part of Ireland and therefore remain in the EU, Nick Clegg making the point that a new prime minister with a new agenda will be elected by 0.03% of the population (the 150,000 members of the Tory party) and not by the people and therefore will have no right to govern the country, hate crimes against people who are living here just going about their business. Top members of the leave campaign saying "there is no exit plan, the government should have thought of one"

But aslong as the NHS gets the 350 million a week and immigration is more tightly controlled......oh wait, Iain Duncan Smith admitted the 350 million was a little bit of a fib and they're not sure how much will go to the NHS if any and Boris said they will not be able to do anything about immigration.

For all you guys that researched and made an informed decision, I applaude you, you have decided with your head and voted for the right reasons.

The average Joe and Joette, that has believed the exaggerated claims the leave campaign used in it's campaign, voted off the back of lies and clever wording.

Let us also be clear the only reason Boris threw in with leave was because he knew, if victorious, DC would quit and he, as a major leave leader, would be the natural rally point and potential leader of the Tory party and PM.

and they say all I'm thinking about is my pocket.........

Surely someone should have thought a bit more about all of this??

Iain
28-06-16, 07:07 AM
Confidently says the bloke who hadn't decided the night before but now is 100% sure afterwards.

House
28-06-16, 07:18 AM
Let us be clear, Out is the right move, the EU is a doomed project and we're better off out that in. It's failing and the richer nations in the block will continue to pay to prop up the weaker nations.

I just think there needed to be a proper credible plan, defined prior to this happening, instead of uncertainty!!!

Edd
28-06-16, 07:21 AM
It's good entertainment I think

House
28-06-16, 07:23 AM
It's good entertainment I think

It makes you think "Jesus, these clowns are running the show" hahahaah

Stuart
28-06-16, 08:57 AM
A plan, like the scots had would have been at least half credible start.... but no.

Benn
28-06-16, 01:03 PM
Jezz Hunt?! That would really f**k us up.