PDA

View Full Version : HHMS direct to turret shifter any installed pics??

House
16-06-16, 04:22 PM
Might have just accidentally bought one of these.

Anyone got any pics of one installed?

Also what needs to be moved? I'm guessing the handbrake as I can see from a few projects that they've been moved.

Also bulkhead bearing location, any advice or pictures welcome.

8valve-craig
16-06-16, 05:00 PM
Have you bought the full kit? or just the shifter?

House
16-06-16, 05:07 PM
Full kit mate, I've fired you a whatsapp if you get 5 mins as many pics as you can of your shifter location would be great!!

BRoadGhost
16-06-16, 05:08 PM
Some go under the rack; I went over, but there is an actual bent rod that came with the original kit that bolts up after the uj from the bulkhead.

Fairly sure most don't bother with this as it's harder to do right (engine out etc), but if you are doing the upgrade you want the actual lever as far back & high up as is comfortable.

The old direct to turret homebrewed item I ran has since been changed to a F18 cable setup & people say you can't run the Vectra cables which isn't true if you're bothered to move the mountings & put it where's best.

House
16-06-16, 05:10 PM
When you say under the rack do you mean following the original path of the shifter rod from the nova gear lever? I'm guessing this kit wont do that as there is a bulkhead bearing in the kit

House
16-06-16, 05:13 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/grahampointing/N0794_gear_linkage_kit.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/grahampointing/media/N0794_gear_linkage_kit.jpg.html)

Pic of the kit as sent to me by Jessica of HHMS

Peredur
16-06-16, 05:35 PM
I'm going over and to the left of the rack on mine, needed to get longer rods made for mine anyway

House
16-06-16, 05:39 PM
I'm going over and to the left of the rack on mine, needed to get longer rods made for mine anyway

Longer rods because? you've gone so far left?!? I've seen a few pics of location for above the rack so think I can roughly see where that goes, I suppose I could make a square cut-out run the rod through it and the mount the bearing on a plate to move it around to get it right

toymex
16-06-16, 06:52 PM
I would post pics of how mine is routed but as I can never get gears you would be better served trying something different

Mxcrazy
16-06-16, 07:08 PM
I have to tackle this in mine once i actually start doing stuff with the shell, which will be a while away yet.

I have a Quaife lever and i bought some 16mm hollow bar and 3 universal joints and rubber covers, an 18mm bore rod end bearing and some ptfe lined 1mm thick bushes to go in the rod end as the 'bulk head' bearing.

I fully intend to run mine to the left and above the rack.

House
16-06-16, 07:38 PM
I would post pics of how mine is routed but as I can never get gears you would be better served trying something different

I properly laughed out loud at this mate!!!!

House
16-06-16, 07:38 PM
I fully intend to run mine to the left and above the rack.

This seems to be the way to go!! Thanks all

BRoadGhost
16-06-16, 08:45 PM
Yeah House that's the full kit where the plate for the bearing has to be welded to the bulkhead, engine side (a struggle with something like a bigblock in place), then the bent rod goes through that.

House
16-06-16, 09:09 PM
Yeah House that's the full kit where the plate for the bearing has to be welded to the bulkhead, engine side (a struggle with something like a bigblock in place), then the bent rod goes through that.

Thanks mate, I'll attack this once it's arrived.

MARTIN KELSON
16-06-16, 09:22 PM
What cost is the full kit from Hockly nowadays?

mk1nova_rich
16-06-16, 09:58 PM
Mega money...I'd have wanted pics of 'Jessica' sending with the parts lol

TallDave
17-06-16, 01:09 AM
Might have just accidentally bought one of these.

How the hell does one accidentally spend £840 on a gear linkage :eek:

Seriously though, I'd agree with other comments along the lines of taking the chance to raise the lever and move it back to place it in the ideal position for you, usually closely aligned with the steering wheel so that you can just drop your hand from the wheel to the lever and back.

Finding a bit of tubing to lengthen the linkage should cost you peanuts compared to the cost of the linkage lol

Will F
17-06-16, 08:43 AM
Mega money...I'd have wanted pics of 'Jessica' sending with the parts lol

Brilliant - that made me laugh out loud.

House
17-06-16, 12:06 PM
How the hell does one accidentally spend £840 on a gear linkage :eek:

Well you know how it is, the wife is out on the beers, you're looking for something to fill the empty void that's left in your life when wife goes out and you have to cook your own ham sandwiches, saw an email from Jess and boom, played the "Yes or No" game with my best mate Debbie (who serves as a random decision maker in these situations) she came back with "No" but I really wanted it, so I bought it anyway!!

TallDave
17-06-16, 11:57 PM
Well you know how it is, the wife is out on the beers, you're looking for something to fill the empty void that's left in your life when wife goes out and you have to cook your own ham sandwiches, saw an email from Jess and boom, played the "Yes or No" game with my best mate Debbie (who serves as a random decision maker in these situations) she came back with "No" but I really wanted it, so I bought it anyway!!

Brilliant, just bloody brilliant, you just ignore the random decision maker, pure genius! Made me laugh out loud that did, awesome....

Looking forward to seeing you install the thing on your main thread

Iain
18-06-16, 09:20 AM
Also we've been discussing plans for him and shells and mods and he's really excited at the moment haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk