PDA

View Full Version : C20xe twin weber fueling

nova20xe
04-06-16, 03:30 PM
I'm looking to see what people have done with the above engine in regards with fueling it. I know I need to fit an external pump and regulator but what happens with the original return fuel line?

kevy.m
05-06-16, 10:55 PM
I'm looking to see what people have done with the above engine in regards with fueling it. I know I need to fit an external pump and regulator but what happens with the original return fuel line?

Hi Mate you can run a bypass fuel pressure regulator & use the bypass for the return line back to the tank, twin carbs
don't like high pressure it might only need about 3/4 psi depending on carbs/ jets.

Cheers Kev

nova20xe
06-06-16, 10:38 PM
Ok mate cheers for that. I presume that's the only option really? Not just as easy to blank it lol

kevy.m
06-06-16, 11:02 PM
Ok mate cheers for that. I presume that's the only option really? Not just as easy to blank it lol

Aye just stick a bolt in it lol

nova20xe
07-06-16, 07:14 AM
I presume the only issue with blanking it would be I wouldnt be able to sit with just the ignition on as I'd flood the carbs

kevy.m
07-06-16, 08:40 AM
I presume the only issue with blanking it would be I wouldnt be able to sit with just the ignition on as I'd flood the carbs

Wire the pump into a separate switch if that's the route your going ;)

nova20xe
07-06-16, 10:09 AM
I did think about that but dunno if I could take the risk of leaving the switch on by accident. Unless I wire the feed to the switch as a switched igniton live so it cuts the power when the car goes off and only works when the car is on

Stuart
07-06-16, 12:33 PM
The carbs have floats in them, they will lift up and stop the fuel flow (assuming they arent shagged.... infact the carbs need checking to ensure the throttle spindle isnt bent too as this leads to the old wives tales of "going out of tune" )

You want a facet red top or interruptor type of pump to run low pressure, then to cover your ass you then need something like a filter king combi filter and pressure regulator to get down to 3psi. You shouldnt need a return but it wont hurt.....

nova20xe
07-06-16, 12:38 PM
The carbs are new so should be good mechanically. I got a facet pump and regulator but nothing for fitting a return or wiring sorted yet

Novarally140016v
09-06-16, 12:17 PM
Return line not required, block or remove. I would fit a fuel filter (like corsa B unit) just before the carbs. If you are on full throttle for a long time the facet fuel pump might not keep up. Therefore putting a fuel filter just before the carbs acts as a reservoir of fuel.