PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 8v on f13/f15 - which flywheel and clutch ?

jimbob-mcgrew
20-05-16, 11:38 PM
which flywheel and clutch combo was needed for running a smallblock box, on the 2.0 8v ? .. was it a 1.7 n/a diesel or something else ?

any other mods need doing to get it to work ?

cheers :thumb:

Southie
21-05-16, 07:51 AM
Have a read of this debate:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?100601-20seh-with-f13-box

and this one if you want to still do it:
http://www.corsa-novatuning.nl/uk/PartsB8vF13.htm

jimbob-mcgrew
21-05-16, 01:56 PM
a lot of dispute on the png thread there, whether its upto the job or not. alot of mixed opinions.
no mention of F17 in that tread, any idea if it can be used too, as thats whats in my astra.

im not even sure what matey boy did in that guide.
did he use the original 2.0 flywheel and modify it ? .. no mention of a 1.7 diesel there.

not keen on doing all that precision fabwork. dont have the gear to do it myself, and would probably mess it up anyway, lol. cant afford to get it professionally done either.
might just be less hassle to just fit big block hubs, shafts and box.

a friend of mine did one a few years back, and im sure it was easier to do than that. ill have to ask him next time i see him.
he used an F13 wide 374 on an SEH. he said the acceleration was awful, but on the motorway it went off the clocks. he never got a true gps reading on it, but he reckoned it was possibly 150+.

cheers for the southie :thumb:

milwain
16-06-16, 09:52 PM
Iv done it a few times now using the standard nova flywheel and a dremmel to elongate the center holes you hardly have to take any off and works fine i even use the 1.2 clutch and never had any slip or problems if you want to do it the correct way you need a flywheel from a 1.7 diesel corsa/combo van etc but has to be off the gm engine not the isuzu

jimbob-mcgrew
17-06-16, 12:47 AM
Iv done it a few times now using the standard nova flywheel and a dremmel to elongate the center holes you hardly have to take any off and works fine i even use the 1.2 clutch and never had any slip or problems if you want to do it the correct way you need a flywheel from a 1.7 diesel corsa/combo van etc but has to be off the gm engine not the isuzu

really ... nice :)

what do you mean by ' elongate the center holes ' ?

mowgli
19-06-16, 12:47 PM
Astra mk2/3 1.7D is the direct swap. Use the whole flywheel & clutch.

kevy.m
19-06-16, 01:04 PM
what do you mean by ' elongate the center holes ' ?

Make the holes longer & in the same diameter but don't drill them wider ;)

mowgli
19-06-16, 02:13 PM
Bodge it

jimbob-mcgrew
19-06-16, 02:15 PM
i know what the word means, im still lost tho

kevy.m
19-06-16, 02:30 PM
Bodge it

Ha ha lol

What don't you get mate??

mowgli
19-06-16, 02:56 PM
Have you tired fitting the 8v flywheel into the f13 housing?

milwain
20-06-16, 11:50 PM
Take the 1.2 flywheel off and the 2.0 8v one and put the 2.0 one on top of the 1.2 flywheel so the large center hole lines up and then turning the 2.0 one untill you get a good match with the 6 little holes im pretty sure one lines up perfect so put a flywheel bolt through to hold it there and then dremmel or drill the others till all the bolts go through and thats it perfect bodge (engineering) ��