PDA

View Full Version : Coilover question

millworm
16-05-16, 12:13 AM
I remeber this being asked a while back bit I've fitted gaz coilovers to my saloon and the rears are both fouling the inner arch one wrse than the other probably 1980s vauxhall build quality to thank for that but how have people gone about rectifing this? Or is it as simple as smack it with a fat hammer because I'm pretty sure I could do that lol

torquey
16-05-16, 05:53 AM
"Dress" the inners up a bit until they fit.

Will F
16-05-16, 08:06 AM
The fattest hammer in your collection should do the trick...

millworm
16-05-16, 11:42 AM
Going to gently caress them later with my finest hammer cheers guys

House
16-05-16, 06:16 PM
I very very carefully removed all the the suspension, carefully positioned the shock, marked out the work area required, used safety goggles, gloves, steel toe cap boots, a box and ear defenders. I then beat the living crap out of it with a 4lb lump hammer. I'm very happy with the results!!

millworm
16-05-16, 09:04 PM
;) lol

Stuart
16-05-16, 10:14 PM
Is it fouling when off the ground?
if so, simply lower the car back o to its wheels and it should stop the touching lol

failing that, adjust as above

millworm
16-05-16, 11:05 PM
it was when I checked it yes but by winding them down I'm bringing the spring closer to the part it was catching on, I'll have a proper look tomorrow evening when I can pull the car back out but I kind of want to hit it with a hammer anyway lol

Benn
17-05-16, 01:22 PM
Remember they where built in the late 80, early 90s. The + or - 5mm thing came from them days. Build quality really wasn't around them.

Mine touched on the pass side, but drivers was fine.