PDA

View Full Version : LSD reverse issues.

novadoneitthistime
05-05-16, 09:00 AM
Hi everyone

I need HELP! I'm trying to finish my Nova for PVS. I had a firm fit a tran x diff in a F20 for my V6. Well I finally got round to looking at it and I can't get bloomin reverse! I took the linkage off and tried it on the box and the selector will move over to the right gate but when I pull it back it won't engage the gear. Can hear it hitting something. Has anyone else ever seen this? What's the fix?

RallyMarshal
05-05-16, 10:47 AM
It wont be anything to do with the LSD as that is a separate unit.

Bent selector rod inside the box maybe? Though thats likely nothing to do with the LSD fitment unless they stripped that to change a final drive or similar?

Paul..

Stuart
05-05-16, 11:14 AM
Sounds like they didnt put the box back together properly. sadly I reckon You'll have to pull the cluster :(

As a quick diagnostics, can you take the selector turret off and take some well lit pictures of the selectors and other stuff visible from the hole.

Mxcrazy
05-05-16, 11:22 AM
Have you tried to rotate the shafts to make sure its all aligned properly? Is the box in the car or bench?

novadoneitthistime
05-05-16, 07:11 PM
Yeah I suppose. I asked them to strip and inspect the whole box while it was there,incase it had a goosed synchro or something. They may have it back together wrong I suppose?

novadoneitthistime
05-05-16, 07:13 PM
Have you tried to rotate the shafts to make sure its all aligned properly? Is the box in the car or bench?

I've got the box back in the car at the moment. It selects all the other gears and the car will roll but I've not had it driving yet though.

novadoneitthistime
05-05-16, 07:18 PM
Sounds like they didnt put the box back together properly. sadly I reckon You'll have to pull the cluster :(

As a quick diagnostics, can you take the selector turret off and take some well lit pictures of the selectors and other stuff visible from the hole.

I'll be taking the engine and box back out after next week, Been sat so long it needs the cambelt changing! Unbelievable! I'll get some pics with it on the bench. Gutted it's messed up, paid money for bad work. It's my own fault, I should have checked it before I accepted it back. Basic check really!

novadoneitthistime
09-05-16, 12:12 PM
Am I being stupid? Where's reverse on the F20? Next to first yes? This on all F20?

House
09-05-16, 04:41 PM
Yes mate, next to first on my F20!!

novadoneitthistime
11-05-16, 07:51 AM
Rats! Thought it might have been a 'user error'! lol