PDA

View Full Version : help braking problem on my nova

Gareth_C
02-05-16, 10:59 AM
Hi guys I was wondering if anybody could give me any help or pointers on a braking issue I have with my nova oval racing stockrod. Basically the brakes get a intermittent fault when now and again the pedal will hit the deck as if the there is a gap between the back of the pad and the piston, If you let off the pedal and press it again the pedal goes back to normal. I have replaced the fluid, I have tried changing the master cylinder the calipers the pads and even tried clamping the rear brakes off I did find a knackered wheel bearing and have replaced it but it's still the same. Must point out that I have tried a set of ate style calipers and the original 1.2 calipers thinking it might be the pads catching on the delco sliders.

Any would be brilliant thanks Gareth

mowgli
02-05-16, 08:37 PM
It sounds like you are boiling the fluid. This would cause air bubbles to get into the lines.

Gareth_C
02-05-16, 09:05 PM
I have said that as well but it causes conflicting confusion because on the next corner it's fine again

Andy
02-05-16, 10:15 PM
Steam pockets rather than air.

Gareth_C
03-05-16, 03:26 PM
Any suggestion as to rectify it would it to use some high performance fluid

Mxcrazy
03-05-16, 03:34 PM
As for fluid use ATE type 200.

Gareth_C
03-05-16, 06:21 PM
As for fluid use ATE type 200.

I i have bought the ate sl6 today as its boiling point is min260c so I'll try that first thanks for your help