PDA

View Full Version : Epas Brackets?

Benn
29-04-16, 01:04 PM
When fitting Epas, have people just made a bracket for the center/2nd bracket?
Looks the easiest way to do it, just wanna know what others have done...
Photos would be handy.

Will F
29-04-16, 09:50 PM
Yes, cut it off the nova rack and tack it onto the Corsa rack

Benn
02-05-16, 02:08 PM
Ah didn't think of that. Nice one.

conza123
02-05-16, 02:38 PM
I cut the corsa bracket about and welded that to the car

Benn
03-05-16, 07:02 PM
I was thinking of just making a bracket that bolts to the column with a bit in the middle to bolt to the car. Far bar welded up...

Dan
03-05-16, 07:43 PM
old age kicking in??? Maybe what you need is a rover lollollol

On a Serious note me and stu have pondered this exact thing for the widearch!!, is it 'really' all its cracked up to be??

I look at and think "yeh why not", then think, "actually its ok for me as it is and I like to feel the car when on the limit", and it stops skinny runts wanting to drive it......... so I am still on the fence with regards epas :confused:.

Benn
03-05-16, 07:56 PM
Sometimes yes!

Big wheels plus low as i can means unless i'm moving at say 10mph the steering is very heavy.. So i thought a nice lil mod would be the Epas. In Johnny A's Nova it felt great while moving the car around to park. Really light and nice. So as i had one i thought why not.

Is a heavy bit of kit tho.

Dan
03-05-16, 08:00 PM
maybe I, like yourself, should sample it in the flesh before committing or making a judgement

Benn
03-05-16, 08:08 PM
Meet me at Billing and we'll go "borrow" a car with it and check it out...

*and i've driven Johnny's with it...*

MARTIN KELSON
03-05-16, 09:17 PM
I like it on mine.
Dont forget you have the 'pot' to adjust the weight & the feel.
borrow mine Benn if you want a try.

Iain
04-05-16, 07:48 PM
I would personally look to try and wire it up with speed and rev input rather than use a 'trick' box if I were to do it again.

However don't think you'll get a good feel testing it in a field, I think it requires some good roads.

Benn
04-05-16, 10:25 PM
I like it on mine.
Dont forget you have the 'pot' to adjust the weight & the feel.
borrow mine Benn if you want a try.

I'd love to try yours!

I would personally look to try and wire it up with speed and rev input rather than use a 'trick' box if I were to do it again.

However don't think you'll get a good feel testing it in a field, I think it requires some good roads.

Yeah i've seen them kits. Didn't like the sound of them tbh. So i wanted it wired up right and its for slower stuff really isnt. So moving around, parking and such would be the best way to test no?

Iain
04-05-16, 10:28 PM
I guess. You want to be happy with how it feels when giving it the beans down some twisty roads. Parking is heavily assisted but not a lot to care about when it comes to parking!

Benn
04-05-16, 10:30 PM
Yes, when you want it to be. Then it backs off at higher speeds.... So on a twisty road giving it some it will back right off?

What power alt do you use? As i can see it taking alot of power...

Iain
04-05-16, 10:31 PM
Yes with the proper inputs.

Mines only 40a alt I think

Benn
04-05-16, 10:33 PM
Of which i would want. And hhmm mines a 65a, wasnt sure if it would be man enough.

boffer8
11-05-16, 11:03 AM
Fitted it on my old car, was great for the supermarket car park but when driving spirited, it always felt numb and lifeless, and how many times do i need to park a track car at tesco's?! lol

Really want to get a HPAS rack for the next one and run a saxo or crank driven pump. Feeling and feedback is so much better...

Benn
11-05-16, 12:52 PM
Thank you for in the input.

House
11-05-16, 06:35 PM
I've elected to stick with manual steering, love the feedback and feel, so much better with a 2.7 corsa rack on it too.

As the Boff points out, it's not often I park at Tesco's, we only have Waitrose round my way don't you know!!

Benn
12-05-16, 01:23 PM
lol so posh.

With mine, as lower speed manoeuvring isn't nice due to weight and lowness.