PDA

View Full Version : 150 amp mig welder

torquey
25-03-16, 06:57 PM
What you got? Cheap cheap.:thumb:

Plug
02-04-16, 05:16 PM
Been thinking about getting this recently https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/181608359704

seems decent price, was thinking 180 but for the hike in price and what I'll use it for in unsure

torquey
02-04-16, 06:54 PM
Not a bad price that. I've managed to dig my old one out so will see if it still works. If not might order one cheers.

EwanG
02-04-16, 07:29 PM
I am a fabricator welder and to be honest plug I wouldn't buy a sealey from what I have heard. They can have wire feed problems that will result in poor welds. A few weeks ago I bought a second hand boc 190 amp mig (made by kemppi) good quality machine for £300. I can't fault it. It's about 9 years old and should last another 9 at least probably many more. I know if you buy a new machine you get a guarantee but there are plenty good quality slightly used machines out there it's the better way to go. The mig I bought was £650 new and most second hand ones go for half the price they were new so more bang for your buck! Also don't buy silly small argon/co2 bottles as they are expensive. You only get about ten minutes welding out of them. Get a 20 litre bottle as you get 6.5 hours welding with them from sgs gases . Yeh it's 90 deposit plus 70 for the gas so 70 for a exchange/refill. If you sign up to the mig welding forum you can get a £20 cashback from sgs on your first purchase. I know I have went on a bit about this but just want to help out and try to make sure people don't waste their money. Alot of questions can be answered on the migweldingforum. :thumb:

EwanG
02-04-16, 07:34 PM
I should of said I ain't welding my nova as it's rust free! I have welded up a 15 metre railing for my house and have only used a quarter of the gas so shitloads left. That's another thing don't have your gas pressure set high . I am on 10 litres per minute which is perfect unless your outside welding you might need more as the wind blows the gas away!

Andy
02-04-16, 09:28 PM
Sealey are really garbage when it comes to feed.
Im also a fab welder and i recently bought a clark 151.very good little welder for the money.i use a bottle i have on gas account.those "hobby" bottles are only good if your hobby is wasting money.

EwanG
02-04-16, 09:34 PM
Yeh Andy the Clarkes seem to be good. But as I'm saying second hand is a good option :thumb:

EwanG
02-04-16, 09:39 PM
As I said sgs gas is the way to go £90 deposit and you own the bottle but boc you pay annual rental.

Plug
02-04-16, 09:47 PM
Really my mate has the 180 super mig and I've used that a couple times now and got on with it hence why I was looking at the super migs again,

always good to hear from real welders thou, I've only welded a hand full of times now and still learning A lot.

i will check eBay out for any local 2nd hand ones then cheers for the heads up people.

i know about getting big bottles of gas and not bothering with the little bottles thou

EwanG
02-04-16, 09:55 PM
Yeh as you say go eBay or gumtree. I bought mine through a gum tree wanted. Defo go for sgs for gas though :thumb:

Andy
02-04-16, 10:26 PM
I pay 6pound a month rental for my gas,thats from energas.no deposit just pay.for refill which is about 60quid.bottle is second biggest they do about waist height.they last ages.think iv had four bottles in six years

EwanG
02-04-16, 10:36 PM
Hey Andy. So £6 x 12 months = £72. You would be better off with sgs gas with £90 deposit as u could keep the bottle all your days 👍

Andy
02-04-16, 10:46 PM
Its 90quid i could piss up the wall tho lol i dont notice the monthly hit lol

EwanG
02-04-16, 11:06 PM
Sober up Andy and stop drinking buckfast and you will see the difference! lol

Andy
02-04-16, 11:10 PM
Not had owt all weekend actually lol

EwanG
02-04-16, 11:13 PM
lol