PDA

View Full Version : gone to shit.

Andy
20-03-16, 09:05 PM
This site.
full of new age emos and idiots.shame as the lads i met real life were nice kids.One person feels suicidal..ask stupid questions get stupid answers.easy really.if this offends ban me forever an shove the s..hite up your ring piece.

Andy
20-03-16, 09:06 PM
This isnt suicide cos i arent interested either way tbh.its more annoyance

Benn
20-03-16, 09:10 PM
Who? What?

Pistol Pete
20-03-16, 09:26 PM
Tis a shame. Very quiet on here these days.

Jonesfach
20-03-16, 09:31 PM
This isnt suicide cos i arent interested either way tbh.its more annoyance

keep your chin up! At least your not Welsh!lol

jonn
20-03-16, 09:48 PM
The days of forums are getting old unfortunately and facebook is taking over.

brainsnova
20-03-16, 10:20 PM
People bang on about fb it's the people you add that makes it good without the people it would be shit

ellis_12345
20-03-16, 11:43 PM
it is a shame the forums have died down. i was still at school back when png was at its busiest so i've been bought up with facebook over internet forums..
you cant argue with how easy it is to use facebook though, and you can guarantee you will get a response within seconds of asking a question on the nova pages

millworm
21-03-16, 12:06 AM
Defo got quiter, also to do with the fact novas ain't common as they where as much as Facebook is a problem

8valve-craig
21-03-16, 06:39 AM
It's got nothing to do with Facebook being better, it's far worse as a community or an information cache, just seems to be where everyone goes.

Go and have a look at ClioSport.net with 6 pages of new posts in the last 12hours. If they can hold onto their forum I'm sure PNG can.

torquey
21-03-16, 06:43 AM
Everything is Fb now. But I still refuse to sign up to it.

Maddukeman
21-03-16, 07:44 AM
Everything is Fb now. But I still refuse to sign up to it.

:thumb:

Iain
21-03-16, 08:22 AM
As said it's all throw-away information on Facebook, you consume the info once and it's never seen again. Not ideal for a 'forum' use, but whatever, you can look at pictures of cats at the same time as Novas and some things can't compete with that.

I do not consider myself a new age emo, but your observations have always been questionable Andrew.

ellis_12345
21-03-16, 11:24 AM
As said it's all throw-away information on Facebook, you consume the info once and it's never seen again.

thats why it's good for posting a quick question, but for major discussions png is way better.
although you cant moan about cat pictures!

Iain
21-03-16, 11:30 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rXnzyUJ1L-s/maxresdefault.jpg

Andy
21-03-16, 11:35 AM
People take things too serious on here now,nobody has a laugh anymore or take a joke.
iain youre not emo.
Wouldnt know about the facebook page as idont have it but have heard off people that do have it that its a joke.
Not all forums are dead.Just this one.

Iain
21-03-16, 11:36 AM
Any thoughts on the cat Andy?

Andy
21-03-16, 11:44 AM
Looks to be enjoyed being stroked with a dyson lol

Shamish82
21-03-16, 11:57 AM
Looks to be enjoyed being stroked with a dyson lol

Don't we all.

Shamish82
21-03-16, 12:01 PM
Don't have Facebook. Starting to p me off that most info goes there 1st. Was out and about all day yesterday and had to get the F1 results from twitter not even signed up to that. Form is a bit quite but everyone been ok with me.

Iain
21-03-16, 12:13 PM
You should see what we say behind your back

Shamish82
21-03-16, 12:51 PM
Haha, its all true what ever is said.

8valve-craig
21-03-16, 01:13 PM
Trouble is its a case of be there or be square. I held off for years, but when I realised I was missing out on events, deals, and customers for my own sales I took the plunge.

The Nova pages are a joke, But only you choose what you look at.

Stuart
21-03-16, 03:13 PM
The two PNG facebook groups are utter utter dog turd... Everything is a forsale post (although the weekend did provice comedy in the way of defacing your body with a sodding nova lol , and if you want to go back and update something for an event or information its a pain, searching is near impossible etc.

What I dont quite get is how hardly anyone posts anywhere, yet PVS and Billing (our stands) were rammed to feck with novas last year. Cant complain.

And, who'd want to be welsh, thats clearly a massive affliction to have.

Iain
21-03-16, 03:21 PM
Saw that pic, thought the tat was quite good. I draw the line at wearing Nova t-shirts though

davidfox280585
21-03-16, 03:23 PM
amen andy, I will most likely be attending billing for my first year with dick

mk1nova_rich
21-03-16, 05:24 PM
It's got nothing to do with Facebook being better, it's far worse as a community or an information cache, just seems to be where everyone goes.

Go and have a look at ClioSport.net with 6 pages of new posts in the last 12hours. If they can hold onto their forum I'm sure PNG can.

But Clio Sports are ten a penny compared to Novas

8valve-craig
21-03-16, 06:18 PM
Vauxhall Nova owners group has 9000 members. Cliosport on Facebook has 13000. Yes it's more, but hardly a chasm.

Six pages in 12hr V's not even one (Smaller) page here.

pete17
21-03-16, 06:49 PM
png is a good forum in my opinion, its only not busy due to all of us that come on look and probably dont comment, i know i do and i bet alot of people come on for a nosey but dont start threads or comment on any.

plus people that are interested in novas are mostly old and grey or bald and have familys and work alot,

compared to some forums i frequent its busy on here, lol

Jonesfach
21-03-16, 06:55 PM
The two PNG facebook groups are utter utter dog turd... Everything is a forsale post (although the weekend did provice comedy in the way of defacing your body with a sodding nova lol , and if you want to go back and update something for an event or information its a pain, searching is near impossible etc.

What I dont quite get is how hardly anyone posts anywhere, yet PVS and Billing (our stands) were rammed to feck with novas last year. Cant complain.

And, who'd want to be welsh, thats clearly a massive affliction to have.

Easy tiger...

It could be worse, you could have your photo upside down! Lol

mk1nova_rich
21-03-16, 08:38 PM
Try the Mk2 Astra forum...that really is quiet

Mike
21-03-16, 08:46 PM

14 pages+ on Audi Sport forum over the last 24 hours...

Shamish82
21-03-16, 09:33 PM
png is a good forum in my opinion, its only not busy due to all of us that come on look and probably dont comment, i know i do and i bet alot of people come on for a nosey but dont start threads or comment on any.

plus people that are interested in novas are mostly old and grey or bald and have familys and work alot,

compared to some forums i frequent its busy on here, lol

Agreed I am on here most day but don't always log in. Still feel it's a good form

Mike
21-03-16, 09:52 PM
All the old school & original members have got old, moved on or are just plain getting on with life lol hell i last owned a Nova in 2009 i think lol i pop on here once a month or so mostly out of boredem really.

But theres quite a few members from on here I know on a personal level, completely outside of arsing around with Novas now. Yet we all still speak a lot, been to there weddings, bbq at each others houses etc etc 1 still owns a Nova, the others, well a big V8, a yank tank & BMW.

Edd
22-03-16, 03:33 AM

Erm I'm starting to agree with you nazi boss man lol

The Facebook pages are crap, there's no doubting that

Why would anyone think a random post and pic saying look at my redtop and waiting for a load of likes is better than a detailed build thread that you can always look back on is beyond me

I did also laugh at the tattoo crap

totalnova
22-03-16, 06:00 AM
That tattoo crap was just about some bird being an attention whore begging people for likes and a bunch of blokes drooling over a bird cause she was on a Nova page.

The forum is so much better it maybe quieter then facebook but in my opinion all the idiots seem to stay on the facebook page, it then leaves us a nice helpful forum where you get to see assume build threads and a for sale section full of people that you can trust (normally).

I guess what I'm saying is give me a quiet but decent forum over a busy full of shit and forum anyday of the week.
Nick

bazzap8389
22-03-16, 11:58 AM
Out of all the forums I use this is the most active lol I come on for a look everyday and have zero interest in getting Facebook. Quite content with forums. As said though, it's an old car that people are moving on from all the time. It's never going to be near as busy as an Audi forum when every second car on the road is an Audi.

Iain
22-03-16, 03:53 PM
http://www.funny-animalpictures.com/media/content/items/images/funnycats0087_O.jpg

Balley
22-03-16, 04:05 PM
I still come on this most days. I rarely post though as nine times out of ten I can get a nearly instant reply on Facebook. I have stopped updating project threads etc simply because no one comments anymore.

josh-sri
22-03-16, 07:36 PM
Same here, the lack of replies and comments made me think what's the point spending time updating my build thread lol

paul james
22-03-16, 08:08 PM
Its a shame its not so busy on here any more. I remember having to pick and choose what to read as there were so many new posts every day, now I can read them all! Facebook really isn't a helpful resource, a day or even hours after something is posted its pretty much lost in the mess forever. Whereas there are years of useful posts on here I can refer to easily. I post a bit when I can, but I'm not as knowledgeable as others so can't always help.

dan16v
23-03-16, 05:09 AM
(although the weekend did provice comedy in the way of defacing your body with a sodding nova lol .

Still trawled the profile pics though!

Stuart
23-03-16, 09:56 AM
Still trawled the profile pics though!

well yeah, I knocked a few out.....

pete17
23-03-16, 12:47 PM
for us not on facebook post a piclol

Andy
23-03-16, 01:01 PM
If its like half of the "hotties" on here previously i wouldnt get excited.

Iain
23-03-16, 01:16 PM
Stuart's no looker but he makes up for it in personality and gear cluster explanations.

Alex J
24-03-16, 08:52 AM
Im still here! Facebook pages are full of melts, and wasters, everyones an expert! Ill always be here i spose, even tho stuart deleted me of facebook (lol)

Stuart
24-03-16, 11:56 AM
Im still here! Facebook pages are full of melts, and wasters, everyones an expert! Ill always be here i spose, even tho stuart deleted me of facebook (lol)

I removed just about all the Nova related mongs from my list after the shows last year lol

Alex J
24-03-16, 08:46 PM
Well thats you then!

Andy
24-03-16, 08:49 PM
Do people communicate via facebook at shows?

bazzap8389
24-03-16, 08:51 PM
Honestly wouldn't surprise me...

Stuart
24-03-16, 08:56 PM
Do people communicate via facebook at shows?

Some do, but mainly to ask where the stand is lol
i guess it's a shade easier than using the forum, and I try not to let too many of you lot have my mobile number lol

brainsnova
25-03-16, 03:19 AM
I have fb with 2 real friends, to be my friend you have to of known me for 18 years lol

dan16v
25-03-16, 07:02 AM
To be my Fb friend you need to be 18 years or under!....

NovalutionGSi
25-03-16, 11:01 AM
Think my issue is that I don't really know many of you other than through this forum so I don't feel I can go for "banter". I did use fb through a club page but got bored very quickly with all the shit on there.
I've always been a forum person with local cruise ones, RoyBacer back in the day, however there are a few forums out there that are far quieter than here.

Work has kept me quiet for the last few weeks but will catch up over the weekend.

Pancho
25-03-16, 11:53 AM
BRING BACK SLOTH!!!!!lol

Benn
26-03-16, 09:43 AM
Facebook might be easy. But its crap.

No info is easily findable, it all disappears with in hours, it's full of kids with no clue about anything! I know we all start somewhere but fuck me!
The simplest thing and they cant do it and need help to do it... "i have these two plugs left over.. " in the background you can see the other side of the plugs... Not 6 inches from his fucking hand.

Keep it FB to talking about shite, what you did on holiday you thinks amazing yet to most of us looks crap, photos from your grans birthday, showing off cause you think your kid is amazing when their just dull and weird like every kid.

Keep forums the wealth of info, awesome build projects and chat about fucking things up on/with cars.

Shamish82
27-03-16, 03:33 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself Benn well said

brucer
27-03-16, 06:28 PM
Most of the people on the nova fb pages have more than likely tried the PNG experience and been keyboard warrior'd the fxxk out. I mentioned in a post a few years ago that alot of people i sold parts to hated the forum because nobody wants to help them with their simple questions. The warriors are just bigging up their ego.

As for making the forum more busy, look what top gear had done the past ten years. Make your content work for the mass of knob heads that dont have a clue. In this case, give the simpletons of the nova fb pages a reason to come on here and let them ask their questions with out being shot down.

jonn
27-03-16, 08:20 PM
i miss the good old days when i could just sit back and relax and spend a few hours trawling through project builds and pages of info!

ellis_12345
27-03-16, 10:27 PM
The simplest thing and they cant do it and need help to do it... "i have these two plugs left over.. " in the background you can see the other side of the plugs... Not 6 inches from his fucking hand.

sounds a bit like a post i made on facebook a few weeks back lol

Benn
28-03-16, 10:04 AM
But did you have the other side plugs in the background? lol

8valve-craig
28-03-16, 10:26 AM
You have to admit, Facebook is great for seeing pictures of the same boring cars every day just from a slightly different angle.

Iain
28-03-16, 10:30 AM
Same boring cats you say

http://catsplace.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/munchkin-cat580x360.jpg

brownbear
28-03-16, 12:48 PM
I crawled out from under my rock because somebody said there was cat pics on this thread... I'm not disappointed.

ellis_12345
28-03-16, 03:34 PM
But did you have the other side plugs in the background? lol

cant remember, it was the ignition live plug, took me ages before i realised it plugged into the back of the coil plug :tard:

anyway, at least you know what you are getting with facebook, 95% of posts are as follows:
person 1- selling my redtop nova open to offers, dont know what its worth
person 2- i'll give you £400 m8
person 1- nah worth more than that
person 3- how about £300 and i'll give you my mates nans micra
person 1- nah m9 changed my mind gona put it in storage now...
etc
etc lol

NovalutionGSi
28-03-16, 04:00 PM
Same boring cats you say

http://catsplace.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/munchkin-cat580x360.jpg

That does not look like any kind of cat I've seen before..... have you run it over and all we can see is it's Eye in a comedy cartoon style X???

Iain
28-03-16, 04:23 PM
It's called a munchkin cat kinda like a sausage dog. But a cat.

pete17
28-03-16, 06:50 PM

all cats should have this fate lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONGLIlMhiU

NovalutionGSi
28-03-16, 07:14 PM

I sees it now!

That woman is a bit harsh.... poor cat only wanted a fuss!

pete17
28-03-16, 07:30 PM
cats are evil, they plan to take over the world u know, havent u seen the cravendale adverts?? they must be destroyedlollollol

brainsnova
28-03-16, 11:21 PM
When I was out today I was digging out for a foundation and swinging a pick to break up the dirt and my neighbours cat was a foot away lol

NovalutionGSi
29-03-16, 10:06 AM
cats are evil, they plan to take over the world u know, havent u seen the cravendale adverts?? they must be destroyedlollollol

But they will never take over the world.... they are missing opposable Thumbs!

I've been brought up with Cats, most are alright, its just some breeds that are evil!

16v
29-03-16, 12:35 PM
Facebook might be easy. But its crap.

No info is easily findable, it all disappears with in hours, it's full of kids with no clue about anything! I know we all start somewhere but fuck me!

Keep it FB to talking about shite, what you did on holiday you thinks amazing yet to most of us looks crap, photos from your grans birthday, showing off cause you think your kid is amazing when their just dull and weird like every kid.

Keep forums the wealth of info, awesome build projects and chat about fucking things up on/with cars.

It's like the guy a few weeks ago that went a drive then washed his car and posted asking why steam was coming out of the radiator and was it OK to drive. Fuck me! I know I don't post on here much all I really do is update my build now and again but with the info stored in the tech section you could build a nova with xe/let no problem without looking like a douchebag in the process

pete17
29-03-16, 12:37 PM
But they will never take over the world.... they are missing opposable Thumbs!

I've been brought up with Cats, most are alright, its just some breeds that are evil!

i disagree

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Cat+wit+thumbs+green+i+hope_e7d1d4_5060333.jpg

NovalutionGSi
29-03-16, 12:47 PM
Holy Sh*t! The world is doomed!