PDA

View Full Version : Brake lines & unions

josh-sri
20-03-16, 08:38 PM
Evening all, I'm just about to fit all new brake lines to my nova build, I've bought all the pipe and what I presumed was all the unions, they fit into my braided flexi hoses but are too small when I try to fit them into the master cylinder. As far as I'm aware it's a gsi master cylinder, or perhaps an sr?

My first question is what size unions do I need for the master cylinder? I'll order a bag of each size if the gsi and sr are a different size, it was listed on eBay as a gsi but came labelled as an sr when I unpacked it :p

My next question is regarding the routing of the brake lines, I have no pictures or guide to go from as I'm building from a bare shell so I didn't remove any. I presume the two lower ports on the master cylinder feed the rear brakes and the two on the right hand side (from the front of the bay) feed the front brakes?

Ive checked the Haynes manual and done a quick google but can't find anything to help, any advice/answers would be greatly appreciated as I bloody hate working on brakes and don't want to have to redo any work lol

Thanks
Josh

Benn
20-03-16, 09:13 PM
The m/c has M10 and M12.

The M10 ones will fit your hoses, they will fit all the the car and the two rear m/c fittings.
You'll need to M12 unions for the front lines on the m/c.

meritlover
20-03-16, 09:34 PM
You need to make sure you get the ones with the shanked end not the ines which have threads that go all the way to the end or they wont seal on your hoses.

josh-sri
21-03-16, 08:20 AM
Thank you both for the replies very helpful, I'll have a look online today and order a handful of each :thumb: