PDA

View Full Version : Engine over heating and sumet knockin

nova dosed
23-09-03, 11:56 PM
Me mate has a 1.2 corsa and in traffic the temp goes up to red its a L reg. Ive nothad a look at it yet what do ya think it is
thermostat
water pump
incorrect antifreeze
fan not work any more suggestions

shes also got a knockin noise apparantly mainly when goin over speed humps i have heard this 1 but it had a split cv boot so im wondering if the joint is worn due to greese cumin out? Also when rollin backwards sumet clicks i think thats a brake pad maybe but its hard to pin point the noise. Any ideas on that 2

ade
24-09-03, 11:25 AM
if knocking when going over speedbumps/pot holes etc could be suspension prob - is the knocking noise coming from a spoecific corner? Maybe srings busted ot shocks gone.

As for temp check all of the above items u listed - prob need a service/new thermostat and check the fans coming on.

Igf it goes into the red the engines not cooling and thats a worry - I reckon the thermostat aint kicking in ot the rads blocked/fans switch not working.

broony
24-09-03, 11:44 AM
Maybe look to see uf the head gaskets blown. If thats happened then will be losing coolant and overheating.

nova dosed
24-09-03, 01:20 PM
Wont be the head why is it if there is a engine problem sum1 alwys suggest the head lol.
As for the noise it cud be sus as its borrowed off me m8 who wrote his car oss (mot been fussy) its 30mil drop on spax i think it is anyway he has sold it so need to take off.
I dnt think its is from 1 corner isum times u can feel it in the steering only sum times though. garage have had a look and av no idea what it is they just said wait for it to get worse

broony
24-09-03, 01:29 PM
Just a suggestion mate coz it happened to mine.
If not the head then i would say an airllock or something blocked.

nova dosed
24-09-03, 06:06 PM
i think its 1 of them i listed but just wanna make sure incase its sumet else ill av a faf at weekend or sumet shes worried about drivin it now incase it over heats or sumet as apparantly she wont last more than 15 mins in traffic