PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 or PS3???

pete17
03-03-16, 08:38 PM
Right i know nothing about gaming or gaming consoles, but as iam off work for 3 months and i am not allowed to do anything until my back is healed, i thought i would buy a cheap second hand games console to pass the time (ive read most of the build threads on here a few times now) and daytime t.v. is complete tosh lollollol

from what ive looked at on ebay it would either be a xbox 360 or a ps3 , what are the differences in them? and as the games seem cheap what would be the better ones to get?

as said i really know nothing as i am usually in the garage and dont have time to play games , so any advice would be great:)

EwanG
03-03-16, 09:20 PM
I have ps3 because I hate Xbox control padslol. I have had my ps3 for 3 years and just started playing it more at the start of this winter because my hours were cut at work. I have completed the 3 uncharted games, James bond bloodstone and now nearly at the end of batman asylum. Game do a deal on preowned games you buy 2 and get the 3rd free. I got all 3 uncharted for £10 bargain! If I buy a new console it will definitely be a ps4.

torquey
03-03-16, 09:27 PM
Hate xbox ps3 ftw!

paul james
03-03-16, 09:27 PM
You can't really go wrong with either system, especially at this point as games will be cheap and plentiful for both of them now the newer systems are well established. Most games got released for both consoles, but each have their exclusives such as Halo and Forza on 360, Uncharted and Gran Turismo on PS3. Personally I prefer the 360 controller, I have always found the Playstation controller design a bit awkward to play with, so thats what made my decision years ago when buying one. Rayman Origins, Sonic Racing and The Dirt Rally games are some of my favourites.

pete17
03-03-16, 09:53 PM
thanks for advice, what sort of price is the going rate for either console, ive seen a few prices for ps3 and xbox 360 from £50 all the way up too £200

EwanG
03-03-16, 10:08 PM
I payed £90 for my ps3 slim 160gb 3 years a go with no games and 2 months guarantee left on it. It all depends how big the hard drive is and if it has games. I would say £50 for the console max and £5 tops for each game. Some games are only £1 in game such as old fifas and tiger woods etc.

conza123
03-03-16, 10:19 PM
I'm a Xbox man had my Xbox live for 8 years, each to there own tbh

i would go for the newer slim consoles as the early/ most of the ps3s and 360 had overheating problem so would try and spend a bit more and get a newer console to avoid them problems

forza ftw over gran turismo any day lol

pete17
03-03-16, 11:20 PM
My other half is worried I will get addicted to call of duty like her mates fella is lol but I don't think I will because as soon as the doc says I'm fit I've got so much work to catch up with

brainsnova
03-03-16, 11:29 PM
My phat ps3 died last night, if I blow cold air in it works so the chips need the paste redone. Slim is better and get gta5. I can't complain the console and game were free when my mate went ps4. The red rings put me off xbox years ago

Jack
04-03-16, 12:57 PM
N64 with Goldeneye lol

Edd
04-03-16, 01:01 PM
^^^^^^ goldeneye is one of the best games ever, great multiplayer game

Xbox 360 for me, forza ftw
Always liked the Gears of War games as well

novadave24
04-03-16, 01:14 PM
I have always gone for ps3 think its better then xbox but if you want one of the new ones then I would say xbox one but yeah you can get ps3 with games around £80 to £100 slim one would be better Ive had my ps3 for years and the old thing still going :)

totalnova
04-03-16, 02:13 PM
Games like goldeneye should remain in your memories play them again now and they will feel like old dated crap imo, I know people love retro gaming but it's not for me, meeting your hero, driving your fav car, always disappointing.

brainsnova
04-03-16, 03:05 PM
Goldeneye DK mode had me and my mate in stitches years and years ago

paul james
04-03-16, 04:01 PM
Goldeneye is still great, after a bit of playing you don't really notice the crap by modem standards graphics. It certainly helps to play on an old CRT TV though as flat screen ones make a mess of scaling up an analogue signal. I enjoy retro gaming as well as retro driving ☺

There is a remake of the game for 360 and PS3 with Daniel Craig swapped in for old Brosnan.

mk1nova_rich
04-03-16, 05:49 PM
I always swore by PS with the 1 and 2, but now have xbox 360 and never looked back, although to be fair I don't play often and just get cheap games off ebay (usually £3 or £4 posted).

Can't go wrong with stuff like Forza, GTA, CoD although I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption which is pretty good. Also Left 4 Dead if you fancy a zombie killfest

Plug
04-03-16, 07:50 PM
PlayStation I prefer never got on with Xbox's

i bought a working phat PS3 a month or so ago with 30 games from eBay for £30 so bargain prices can be had now aswell,

many original day of release 60gb phat PS3 is still going strong, re paste processors every couple of months, but then I was on it all the time,

they keep on going, the only problems I've ever had with a PS3 is my slim and that's partly down to it being jailbroken and being a pain in the arse to get online at some times

pete17
04-03-16, 11:01 PM
Had a right result today, was talking to a mate of mine about consoles today as know hes really into his playstations, and he is giving me his old ps3 with about 20 games for free!!!
i did some work on his freelander last year and didnt charge him as he was a mate and short of cash, so looks like the favor has come good, and being as im not driving at the mo, he is bringing it round sunday . :):):)

i will let you know what i think to it lol

mk1nova_rich
05-03-16, 12:24 AM
Result :thumb:

brainsnova
05-03-16, 01:47 AM
Hope he gave you gta 5

pete17
05-03-16, 02:57 AM
Hope he gave you gta 5

yea i did ask him if he had it, and yes he does so looking forward to see what its all about!!

Plug
05-03-16, 09:28 AM
Ideal news Pete, well if you do get gta 5 I'll have to load up the jailbroken console and give you millions of money

L33 LEG
05-03-16, 10:53 AM
You don't need 20 games if you have GTA5 lol

Only thing I like about the Xbox is forza and the kinect which is great when there's a few of you round.

brainsnova
05-03-16, 09:46 PM
I got 10 games and gave away 9

brainsnova
05-03-16, 09:49 PM
Ideal news Pete, well if you do get gta 5 I'll have to load up the jailbroken console and give you millions of money

Ive got 32 million, most from modders and I never once asked for money. I like the vehicles spawned that can take 30 rockets

Plug
05-03-16, 10:09 PM
I've not modded in a while now but I used to like spawning in the ufo's in public lobby's, you can do indestructible cars,

wwmnw
06-03-16, 12:00 AM
yea i did ask him if he had it, and yes he does so looking forward to see what its all about!!

Its much like all the other GTA games (except the PS1 version, which is still the best) BUT it is fun, Trevor makes the game in my opinion!

pete17
07-03-16, 11:31 AM
loving it, cant wait til tuesday when ar lass is at work so i can really get stuck in to it lol

brainsnova
08-03-16, 11:25 AM
loving it, cant wait til tuesday when ar lass is at work so i can really get stuck in to it lol

Not long to go lol to get online takes a bit create a character and you can only edit once so get it right or your stuck and need to start over then a tutorial to learn the controls, then a race you have to win, then a easy mission for Lamar. Visit a clothes shop then your online.

mk1nova_rich
08-03-16, 04:44 PM
I've just bought GTA 5 off ebay, looking forward to playing it lol

pete17
08-03-16, 06:32 PM
well had a good go on it today, need more practice with aiming and shooting on the missions so going to practice abit more before going online, but i turned it on at 11am and the next time i looked at the clock it was 3.30pm so carried on until ar lass gets home at 5pmlol

at least ive got 3 months to kill , so should be a pro by junelol

scott.parker
08-03-16, 08:03 PM
Ps3 is brilliant, if you have ps+ get a bigger HD and download all the free stuff each month, love my ps3 but it feels very dated now compared to my ps4.

brainsnova
08-03-16, 10:44 PM
I'm on level 104, I text high level players in game like on 400-600 and say modder or nerd

Plug
09-03-16, 07:26 PM
I'm going to get my jailbroken console up and running again to transfer some cash over to ps4 for my legit char.

will give out my account name once I've made another and its up and running

brainsnova
09-03-16, 11:32 PM
I always see banned posts on the social club that I guess are ps4 and PC or Xbox

totalnova
13-12-17, 01:43 PM
Ahhh, but can you play them all at once?