PDA

View Full Version : suspension questions??

gitters27
29-02-16, 03:23 PM
I have been looking at the huge choice in suspension,i had my heart set on GAZ but keep reading that if the nova spends most of its life on public roads they will be to hard.
So i looked at Bilstein B6 with spax 40mm lowering springs,what are peoples views and experiences with both?????

torquey
01-03-16, 10:55 AM
I've got gaz on my let nova it's very hard for road use too hard if Iam honest. I yet to try bilsteins as they were what I was gonna get next.

Benn
01-03-16, 01:21 PM
If you spec your poundage rates and lengths up right it wont be hard at all. Set it all up right and you want have any issues.

Spring poundage rates can start at about 150lbs. Which will be soft.

I use 300lbs rate springs on my car, it a road car. i drive to all hows with it and use it as much as i can.

Iain
01-03-16, 01:28 PM
I went for a drive in my track Nova last night and it's very compliant on the roads... Rounded speed bumps at 30mph etc. I wouldn't let people's poor spring and damping choices put you off them.

gitters27
01-03-16, 03:27 PM
Benn are you running GAZ?i was not aware you could get different lengths of spring with GAZ.i keep seeing people on GAZ say that when in full lock the spring pings out of its seat,is this a length issue or top bearing because people say if that happens its your bearing?????

Iain
01-03-16, 03:34 PM
Never heard of that spring problem?!

You can get different length shocks as well as springs with Gaz, depending how low you want to go.

Benn
01-03-16, 05:32 PM
Benn are you running GAZ?i was not aware you could get different lengths of spring with GAZ.i keep seeing people on GAZ say that when in full lock the spring pings out of its seat,is this a length issue or top bearing because people say if that happens its your bearing?????

Yes, have been using them 6years. I have the Ultra low kit made to be extra low. I went with Gaz after the fantastic reviews and since i have been using them i've only ever sung their praises. Best coilovers i've used.

I've never heard or seen any spring popping out issues. Infact never seen any one have probs.

I use std top mounts and have used 8inch 300lbs springs and now 6inch 300lbs springs. Both been perfect.

Stuart
01-03-16, 07:34 PM
Note, with soft springs you can wind up with overly stiff damping which feels utter turd.

Benn
02-03-16, 12:21 PM
Very true.

When i spec'ed mine up the people as Gaz where mega helpful with pounded and things.

gitters27
02-03-16, 03:19 PM
thank you for all the input looks like i will go back to GAZ

Stuart
02-03-16, 08:42 PM
You can get any length Spring you like... Faulkner make loads.
but GAZ will supply what you need