PDA

View Full Version : hockly bottom ball joint kit problem

prs
26-02-16, 10:20 PM
does anyone on here have any experience with the lower ball joint kit from harry hockly ?
I received my lower ball joint kit this week, try to fit them today and they don't fit :confused:. the threaded stud touches the CV-joint and the nut does not fit between the CV-joint and knuckle. the driveshafts are standard 22spline shafts with diesel cv-joints on the gearbox side and standard nova cv-joints on the wheel side.
with the prices they ask at Hockly, I assume they send parts that just fit :roll: . will be sending them an e-mail this weekend, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or this kit just doesn't fit??

so, does anyone ever seen this problem before?

http://myalbum.com/photo/68GZRmyFipdj/720.jpghttp://myalbum.com/photo/pBlQHelF65gk/720.jpg

Will F
27-02-16, 09:42 PM
I had the same issue, I cut the thread down and used a shallow nut

prs
27-02-16, 11:48 PM
I guess cutting it down is the only option. I always thought hockly was known for its decent parts, so spending a few extra quid gets you quality stuff :roll:

hockly also delivered my pedal box with 1 girling and 1 obp master cylinder lol . the obp cylinder is going back, no way I fit obp cylinders :wtf:

was thinking about buying some solid steeringrack mounts from hockly to, now I'm wondering if these will fit without modding it?

Krsa2000
28-02-16, 06:14 AM
Before cutting anything, wait till you get a reply from Hockly.

Iain
29-02-16, 01:12 PM
I recently bought from HHMS expecting easy bolt in and it was far from it, I do wonder why people bother listing things to fit certain models when they don't.

wwinstanley
02-03-16, 07:43 AM
Just a guess, not sure if the diesel CV joints are slightly larger.
Being a motorsport parts supplier id say its more likely their stuff is designed for petrol cars?
I could be totally wrong though as I don't know if there is a difference between the CVs

mk1nova_rich
02-03-16, 06:02 PM
He says he has standard CVs at the wheel end. Poor quality tat

conza123
02-03-16, 06:33 PM
Are they not to be run with 2 litre outer cvs in there modified hubs etc

prs
02-03-16, 10:14 PM
I recently bought from HHMS expecting easy bolt in and it was far from it, I do wonder why people bother listing things to fit certain models when they don't.

especially when prices are at the level of Hockly 's. Sunday I've sent another mail, but to date no answer yet. I wonder what will be the solution. in hindsight I might have better bought a set without locking nuts at Compbrake. Even tho, the quality of compbrake might not always be as good as it should be, I would have had a set of lower ball joints that just fits without any problems, at 1/3 of the cost of the hockly set :roll:.

the diesel cv joints are on the gearbox side because of the f18 gearbox. So this doesn't have any influence on the hub. the cv joints on the hub are original 1.6 gsi cv's.

prs
10-03-16, 09:06 PM
finaly I've got an answer from hockly! they say I only have to cut the thread down and than it will fit :cry: