PDA

View Full Version : 16v Opel/Vauxhall Plastic Spark Plug Cover

HouseAtreides
18-02-16, 06:03 PM
Okay,

So, things didn't quite go according to plan after having purchased a second aluminium spark plug cover to be powder coated, due to no fault of anyone's other than GM for casting them out of aluminium, which due to the quality in casting (or lack thereof) tend not to lend themselves to the kind of finish I'm aiming for here.

As such, I feel plumping for a plastic one is my only sure bet of achieving the end result I'm aiming at; which means I'll just need to paint it myself rather than having it powder coated, which I needn't state why for obvious reasons.

Does anyone have, then, a plastic spark plug cover they are looking to sell? If it is a 16v Opel one, that would be ideal, as it will be easier for me to paint. It does, however, need to be in mint condition - and I really do mean mint, otherwise any gouges or scratches in the plastic will show through and prove pointless to me.

Failing that, does anyone know the part numbers for them, so that I can make some enquiries into whether they are still available through opelclassicparts or Vauxhall themselves?

Feel free to hit me up.

Cheers,
Tony

Will F
19-02-16, 08:48 AM
I have probably got a plastic one mate - I will give you it if I do!

HouseAtreides
19-02-16, 09:08 AM
I have probably got a plastic one mate - I will give you it if I do!

That would be spot on if you do squire :thumb:

Will F
19-02-16, 02:24 PM
I threw loads away last year and kept all the metal ones. You wont get a plastic one with the early design though as they are all on the later engines..