PDA

View Full Version : Nova c20let k16 turbo question?

Jamsey
17-02-16, 07:06 AM
Hi all. I'm currently doing a nova project which is going to have a c20let fitted. Does any on know if there is a compressor housing available that fits the k16 turbo to do away with the recirc valve? I was thinking maybes off a k24/k26 turbo. Even if the compressor wheel needs replaced that would be ok as I could maybes make it into a hybrid.

torquey
17-02-16, 10:14 AM
You can get a plate to remove it. Or do what everyone else does and put a spacer inside it to stop it working.

Jamsey
17-02-16, 06:01 PM
Yeah I've got a spacer in it to stop it working but the issue is that casting of the recirc valve is in the way of where I want my radiator to be. If I could get a compressor housing without the casting it would allow me to get my radiator further into the engine bay.

torquey
17-02-16, 06:43 PM
Right know what you mean. Mine is very close but don't catch I just filed down the edge of it so it gives it a bit more room.

Jamsey
17-02-16, 06:48 PM
I think I will do that too. I would like my intercooler to be set back behind the bumper but it's a tight squeeze to fit it all in. I'm running a bigger core radiator and slimline fans which takes up a bit of space.

torquey
17-02-16, 07:25 PM
Know what you mean it's a tight fit. Iam running a alloy rad with a slim fan and frontera intercooler.

Benn
18-02-16, 01:44 PM
I was gonna cut the casting where the recirce is off and have it plated over. As it's that bit that has punched thought my rad before.

Which it cut flush and plated you'll gain 20mm+ clearance.