PDA

View Full Version : Good evening, newbie here.

Kevin4878
06-02-16, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone, I'm Kevin, just recently joined the forum to join in, I'm yet to buy my pride and joy, the last nova I had was back in 99 as my first car, absolutely loved it, miss it awefully! A G reg sting in white, G970 SNF to be precise (wonder if any of you bought it from the scrappy in Trafford Manchester after the insurance decided it was a write off due to an old lady driving into it causing front end damage.) me in my young naivety didn't realise that you could buy it back for repairs :(. Anyhow I'm at the stage in my life where I'm settled, and can now look to buy the perfect, or as perfect as can be. I have little experience of spanner twirling, except for at work, but that's a whole different things altogether, so I can't contribute to any mechanical threads, unless any of you has a challenger 2 you use as a track tool at the weekend, look forward to meeting you all through the pages and hopefully, once I have my car, at any various meets.

Andy
06-02-16, 08:15 PM
Hello kevin

paul james
06-02-16, 08:17 PM
Welcome. Got a particular model/spec Nova in mind that you'd like?

Kevin4878
06-02-16, 08:25 PM
Hello, thanks for the welcome, obviously I would love another sting, but I'll settle for a clean, reliable 3 door 1200, model white I'm not really fussed, apparently the sting was an underpowered SRi?

Kevin4878
06-02-16, 08:26 PM
Hello, thanks for the welcome, obviously I would love another sting, but I'll settle for a clean, reliable 3 door 1200, model white I'm not really fussed, apparently the sting was an underpowered SRi?

Model wise I meant (fat fingers)

EwanG
06-02-16, 08:28 PM
Hi and welcome! I ain't a spanner head but know a few things about standard nova's. So enjoy the forum and if you have any problems then just ask because the guys on here are helpful and friendly!:thumb:

wwmnw
06-02-16, 09:57 PM

Hello and welcome to PNG, I've never heard anyone say the Sting was an under powered SRi as the 1.2 engine was probably the same as every other 1.2 in the Nova's. I'm rarely wrong but not always right though lol

totalnova
06-02-16, 10:21 PM
Hello and welcome, only bit of advise ill give you is if your not to smart with the spanners or a welder then try and find the cleanest Nova you can, otherwise it will turn very expensive with body shop repairs.
Nick

bazzap8389
07-02-16, 01:54 AM
Hello and welcome :thumb:

Kevin4878
07-02-16, 02:10 AM
Hello and welcome to PNG, I've never heard anyone say the Sting was an under powered SRi as the 1.2 engine was probably the same as every other 1.2 in the Nova's. I'm rarely wrong but not always right though lol
Yes it had most to all of the trim levels as the SRi just with a 1.2, saying that I'm the one more than likely wrong :)

Kevin4878
07-02-16, 02:12 AM
Hello and welcome, only bit of advise ill give you is if your not to smart with the spanners or a welder then try and find the cleanest Nova you can, otherwise it will turn very expensive with body shop repairs.
Nick
Spanners I'm not too bad at, not now there's youtube lol, welding, forget it! I'll more than likely end up John coffied like the green mile

millworm
07-02-16, 04:02 AM
Welcome, if I can make a nova do its thing properly anyone can lol good luck on finding a good base to work with and welding isn't that hard just buy yourself a decent gas mig and practice.