PDA

View Full Version : my new redtop nova

stevep1
01-02-16, 07:28 PM
after looking at a lot of dog rough gsi's I decided that they are just too rare for me to find one that was in my price range.
Ive finally found a nice redtop nova and it certainly gave me a big grin

few little niggles ive noticed so far

heko wind deflectors are a pain as the window don't seem to fully do up
need a new driver side door seal as few holes in it
need new wing mirrors as I think they are mk1
I would really like a new boot lid so I can have a rear wiper or retro fit a wiper and motor in
small oil leak on sump
remove the bolt in chrome show cage
remove the headlight protectors
remove opc badge on grill
I believe the heater controls should light up?
finish wiring in the digi dash or replace with a gsi one
sort out the leather front seat runners
need a new heater blower motor as currently only works on 3
remove sub and speakers
try and find uncut parcel shelf and front door cards
fit elec windows (have the switch panel in place but not the motors in the doors
need floor mats
sort out headlight mounting as the light out of them is crap
new brake bulbs as are orange and fog light (think I have cluster that both have white light at bottom)

this will keep me busy over the next week :)

brake servos?? would a better one improve the braking? currently has v6 calipers and discs but a 1.2 servo. I forgot how bad old brakes can be. can you add a rear beam out of a corsa for rear discs??

will try and get some pictures up tomorrow but its arden blue with speedlines, so someone might know of it:thumb:

cheers steve

Al1exx
04-02-16, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the club :thumb: get some pics up mate I'd love a redtop again!

Think you can swap out for the GSI / GTE servo (I think the TD ones are the same but someone on here will confirm for definite). Rear discs are a bit more of a ballache though - again someone with waaaay more knowledge than me will confirm ;)

millworm
04-02-16, 11:37 AM
Corsa c sri rear disc hubs will bolt straight onto a nova beam widening it 8mm either side

totalnova
04-02-16, 12:21 PM
What have you done with the handbrake cables when fitting corsa c brakes?

ABoresta
04-02-16, 12:42 PM
I used the corsa ends that attach to the callipers and used about 4-5 marine wire U clamps on either side to hold it to the existing nova cable, it holds really well and passed the MOT no problem i even asked him if it was ok...

Thing its in Iains thread how he did it and like he says there remove the plastic sleeve where you are clamping otherwise it slips.

Iain
04-02-16, 12:44 PM
List all sounds easily achievable, at least you'll recoup some cash selling parts like headlight protectors and show cages.

novag51
04-02-16, 08:27 PM
Get the pics up

millworm
04-02-16, 09:05 PM
What have you done with the handbrake cables when fitting corsa c brakes?

Mine is hydro

totalnova
04-02-16, 10:21 PM
Don't you need a cable handbrake to pass an mot?

Iain
05-02-16, 01:15 PM
Yes you do. I cable clamped Nova fronts onto Corsa rears, not pretty but it works.

stevep1
05-02-16, 08:03 PM
i replied on here eailer with some pictures but they don't seem to have appeared, think first big jobs are to overhaul the engine and address the oil leaks and give it a tidy up and sort out the brake with a gsi servo