PDA

View Full Version : false floor help

Euan
23-09-03, 05:34 PM
took my back seats out today and my car really needs a big false floor.

does anyone have any guides, advice or even dimensions to help me out with this. cheers.

nov4
23-09-03, 06:08 PM
just get a big sheet of MDF. and measure the boot and cut a rough shape out with a jigsaw. use the carpet and rear bench as a guide. but make it wider as u will want it as tight as possible

Alex
23-09-03, 06:59 PM
SlimJim's an expert here from what ive heard (and seen)

pickle
23-09-03, 07:01 PM
just thinkin about a false floor there, but where does the floor end? when u tae te seat up te floor is raised where the seat used to be and then there is a bigdip where your feet used to go when sitting on the seat...... do u hang the mdf over the end and ovr the bit where your feet go? if so how do you strengthen it? or do u just leave it and not lean on it?

MattyWoo
23-09-03, 07:04 PM
yeah i think jim can sort it out for a few hundred quid, custom false floors, carpetted with extras such as speakers and neons etc. give him a shout

pickle
23-09-03, 10:27 PM
shout be as fuc to do the floor........... you shout use carbon fiber but would be aloada wonga

Jim
24-09-03, 09:04 AM
I dont do them anymore, dont really have the time.

A sheet of 4' x 4' 6mm MDF from a DIY shop will be large enough to cover the area. Trim it to the shape of the Nova, carpet it and thats about it really.

Yes it will overhang slightly where the rear bench use to be, but if done correctly it'll only overhang by a small amount and wont look out of place.

Jim

nwmlarge
24-09-03, 11:02 AM
don't forget to pad underneath where it touches the floor otherwise it sounds like you have a big bit of mdf in the back when ever u hit a bump

Gazza14SR
24-09-03, 12:16 PM
on mine that i made, where it overhangs the dip where the back seats were i made some rubber bump stops for it so it was all level, and to stop the noise whenever you go over a bump i used a layer of strong foam from where i work under it.

does the job nicely.

at the minute the whole lot (floor & ice) is taken out so i can take some pics of it if you like?

Gaz

Euan
24-09-03, 12:32 PM
yeh pics would be great please mate.

so you basically use the boot carpet and the carpet that is left under the rear seats?

what is the best/cheapest sound deadening?

do you think i should use red carpet (red car) or black carpet.

i havnt got much ideas just now. need to get thinking!!

nwmlarge
24-09-03, 01:07 PM
carpet underlay and spray adhesive is the cheapest sound deadening available from any carpet store. otherwise ring round your relatives and mates one of them is bound to be gettin new carpets soon nick theyre old underlay.

Fester
24-09-03, 01:15 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1951

heres a carbon cladded interior from billing (pic by breeny)

Jim
24-09-03, 02:06 PM
Whos car is that, and are there any more pics of it?

Jim

Will
24-09-03, 02:19 PM
pic by breeny?

hosted by breeny

i am supplier of all those billing pics even the ones of me looking rough as hell, LOL

will

Fester
24-09-03, 03:12 PM
i put a copy in the novaload album to stop kevs connection getting swamped

jim i think it one one of the euro boys

Gazza14SR
24-09-03, 11:18 PM
yeh pics would be great please mate.

so you basically use the boot carpet and the carpet that is left under the rear seats?

what is the best/cheapest sound deadening?

do you think i should use red carpet (red car) or black carpet.

i havnt got much ideas just now. need to get thinking!!

i'll get some posted tomorrow, digi cam is playin up at minute

Gazza14SR
25-09-03, 12:15 PM
the first shows the floor fully assembled. i have to cut outs for 6*9s & space for a 12"sub over the spare wheel.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1971

this one shows how the panels are secured and where they meet.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1972

Finally, this one is upside down so you can see the fixings, the rubber bump stops to raise the floor and the main panel at the back which over hangs at the back.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1973

All the other little cut outs are for the fixings of the backseats etc. its simple to remove as its made up of for panels.

Hope this helps.

Gaz

?Marty?
25-09-03, 06:13 PM
you could have used all that mdf to make yourself a cd and video 'storage system' you crazy fella.

anyway, trim the false floor in LINO. You know it will look damn good. Like me nans kitchen and bathroom.

Gazza14SR
25-09-03, 07:58 PM
you could have used all that mdf to make yourself a cd and video 'storage system' you crazy fella.

anyway, trim the false floor in LINO. You know it will look damn good. Like me nans kitchen and bathroom.

no need for the lino, got a carpet!

Euan
25-09-03, 09:18 PM
big help mate.
cheers