PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Deaths....

Southie
14-01-16, 12:46 PM
Lemi, Bowie and now Alan Rickman.

Not a good start of the year, losing some very good talent at the minute... RIP to them all.

Benn
14-01-16, 01:49 PM
love Alan Rickman too, such a shame. but understable that they wanna keep it privet.

ShawnAzzopardi
14-01-16, 02:00 PM
I've a bad feeling Maggie Smith will pass this year..

Jack
14-01-16, 07:19 PM
All pretty much the same age too weren't they? Rickman and Bowie were 69, Lemmy was 70... not very old really :(

mowgli
14-01-16, 09:31 PM
I struggle to understand why lemmie got so much adulation. He had 1 hit record since the mid 70's. Collected way too much Nazi memorabilia, and is more famous for drinking jack Daniels than for anything else. The other 2 had long creative careers. Discuss

Southie
15-01-16, 05:58 AM
I struggle to understand why lemmie got so much adulation. He had 1 hit record since the mid 70's. Collected way too much Nazi memorabilia, and is more famous for drinking jack Daniels than for anything else. The other 2 had long creative careers. Discuss
Probably because he partied hard all his life and didn't care too much about his body and enjoyed playing music still, obviously Motörhead had a massive following also.... Oh and his growth on his face must of had a cult following.

mk1nova_rich
15-01-16, 09:25 PM
All sad news.

Lemmy was frontman of a band who only have one record that is widely known. None of their music is especially good even within the heavy metal genre. Considering the lifestyle he lived he had a good innings.

And Alan Rickman was a far better actor than David Bowie was a singer

EwanG
15-01-16, 09:49 PM
My heart goes out to any families,friends and fans involved. But death will happen eventually for us all. So live your life as you want and if you want to spend all your hard earnings on an old nova then do so and smile ��

Novasport
15-01-16, 10:02 PM
Dan Haggerty now too(Grizzly Adams)

wwmnw
15-01-16, 11:16 PM
All sad news.

Lemmy was frontman of a band who only have one record that is widely known. None of their music is especially good even within the heavy metal genre. Considering the lifestyle he lived he had a good innings.

F*&K YOU they might not have had many (1) hits buttf&6k me they did a LOT of good songs! Check out 'We are the road crew' for starters!!

mowgli
16-01-16, 07:05 AM
They only still had one hit. Just cos people who worked in abattoirs liked them doesn't make them good. Being famous for drinking way too much is nothing to be proud of.

mowgli
16-01-16, 07:08 AM
And grizzly Adams..... it's been years since the ' large beardy bloke who does feck all, but does it next to a trained bear' tv show has been seen on telly.... he was an actor, and sadly he died. He was not exactly a global icon, except maybe for large beardy blokes with trained bears

turbojolt
16-01-16, 09:53 AM
Must be easy to sit about slating others life achievements.

mk1nova_rich
16-01-16, 10:32 AM
Must be easy to sit about slating others life achievements.

Most normal people work far harder than most of these 'celebrities'...why should we grant them iconic status just cos they have struck it lucky? Fair enough there are also plenty of truly talented people and I admire and respect their achievements

L14MNP
16-01-16, 02:16 PM
love Alan Rickman too, such a shame. but understable that they wanna keep it privet.

Hedge your bets on who's next.

turbojolt
16-01-16, 03:43 PM
Most normal people work far harder than most of these 'celebrities'...why should we grant them iconic status just cos they have struck it lucky? Fair enough there are also plenty of truly talented people and I admire and respect their achievements

Your reply has zero relevance to what I said

mowgli
17-01-16, 11:45 AM
Ok tj. My point is that people are heaping adulation on anyone remotely famous. 99.9% of the population would struggle to say anything more about lemmy than ace of spades and jack Daniels. And as for grizzly Adams...the show was cancelled in 1978 ffs. 38 years ago. A few dozen people could name the star until a couple of days ago, and tbh, all we remember is a large beardy bloke and a bear. Yet suddenly the whole of social media is in mourning.... I mean no disrespect to either person in their passing, but want less of the sackcloth and ashes.

Southie
21-04-16, 07:07 PM
Ronnie Corbett, Victoria Wood and just heard Prince has died. All these celebrities going is very tragic.

Also RIP to my uncle who passed away today, you'll be really missed and I'm raising a beer to him :beer:

bazzap8389
21-04-16, 07:39 PM
Lots of them passing just now, the wrestler Chyna died today as well

sorry to hear about your uncle mate

Southie
21-04-16, 07:49 PM
Thanks Bazz, he was a fantastic kind man and fought the big C for 8 hard years, a true fighter that never got down about it even though he knew one day it would get him in the end.

House
21-04-16, 09:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Southie mate, cancer is the shittest of the shit. My wife's Mum battled for 4 long years, sadly also to no avail. Enjoy the beers.

Southie
21-04-16, 10:01 PM
Cheers House, it's a hard night for me but I've raised a few tonight which would have made him smile in sure ;) Scary how these things age you when you lose loved ones... Sorry guys and gals on here if I'm putting you all on a downer tonight.

House
21-04-16, 10:11 PM
Cheers House, it's a hard night for me but I've raised a few tonight which would have made him smile in sure ;) Scary how these things age you when you lose loved ones... Sorry guys and gals on here if I'm putting you all on a downer tonight.

Mate, not the same but we lost dog 5 weeks ago, devastated isn't the word. Consumed my weight in alcohol in the following week, I weigh in at 111kg's, that was a wobbly week!!

Iain
22-04-16, 09:53 AM
I thought the Hoff had died but it was just an advert.

ShawnAzzopardi
22-04-16, 07:18 PM
Prince kicked the bucket though

Krsa2000
22-04-16, 07:58 PM
Prince kicked the bucket though
You're running a bit behind...
Posted a day earlier...

Ronnie Corbett, Victoria Wood and just heard Prince has died. All these celebrities going is very tragic.

Also RIP to my uncle who passed away today, you'll be really missed and I'm raising a beer to him :beer:

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

ShawnAzzopardi
22-04-16, 08:00 PM
You're running a bit behind...
Posted a day earlier...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Whoops, skipped a page.