PDA

View Full Version : Who uses there nova daily? What good deterrents can I use to leave it outside?

michael squeak
09-01-16, 12:31 AM
Just wondering really, I've just finished building mine from bare shell with as much as I can new. And it's kept in a shipping container because I use my van daily,

But I want to use the nova in the week sometimes but do t really trust it outside,

It's got an immobiliser and the chip for the transponder, x16xe engine,

What visually can I do? I was looking at removable steering wheel but don't fancy an aftermarket wheel.

Are the wheel locks any good ?

Southie
09-01-16, 06:41 AM
If someone wants something bad enough no deterrent will help, all you can do is slow the thieving process down.

As you don't want a snap off wheel then how about a steering lock and a decent wheel clamp, also get a barrier at the end of your drive.

Also there's bound to be something these days that you could put in the car that probably works with a phone app, whether it's a sensor that activates or even a camera in the car.

Nobby
09-01-16, 10:21 AM
I know lads who have taken cars and most will walk away when they see a car with a disclok fitted. Can't you block the car in aswell? There's loads you can do if you think about it.

Benn
09-01-16, 10:24 AM
My worry would be, can't steal it, i'll smash it up instead.

EwanG
09-01-16, 03:38 PM
I would be more worried about it rusting lol

meritlover
09-01-16, 06:17 PM
it would definitely be safer in the shipping container.

Benn
09-01-16, 06:26 PM
it would definitely be safer in the shipping container.

Unless at sea....

mk1nova_rich
09-01-16, 07:51 PM
Alarm, disklok, removable posts...could go on but that would keep it pretty safe tbh. Do people even steal Novas anymore anyway? lol

turbojolt
09-01-16, 08:13 PM
Presa canairo on the passage seat at all times when out and about

Jack
10-01-16, 03:27 PM
Put a 1.0 badge on it. lol

Iain
12-01-16, 11:34 AM
Alarm with LED, removed door pins, delocked and a steering wheel lock. That's all practical and usable security.