PDA

View Full Version : Grown up Q... Vasectomy, whos had one?

Subtle modder
05-01-16, 10:51 AM
Okay strange place to ask but hey a Grown up Q... Vasectomy, whos had one?

Me and the mrs aswell as our house and cars etc have 2 lovely kids which we love dearly yet were grown up enough to realise after issues with both pregancies we dont want to go through it again, i have decided to get a Vasectomy, went to the docs and as is the case with modern life i have to go away and think about it for a couple of weeks and go back and convince him im sure and i need to be sure having it done at a young age, i didnt think 30 next month was young but still.

i asked a number of Q's considering most online research seems to be purely text book replies id like some honest real life ones to the Q's below and anything else relevant

Just how painfull is it? hes said its a simple minor procedure yet im a little unsure someone snipping/tisting whatever near my bollox is going to be anything other than horrendous to be quite frank?

How mobile can you be? the doc has told me it would be no lifting or excercise for 2-3 weeks atleast and no sex for a month, this sounds a little unrealistic to me as my dayjob being looking after the kids including school runs for one its unavoidable, i also walk 7-8 miles a day 5 days a week, i can jump i the car to avoid this but is jumpoing in and out car going to be bad?

Is it "all the same" afterwards? this sounds a daft Q but noone seems to talk about this part at all, all seeming taboo which is odd when its an adult thing to do

Any replies appreciated

Wayne

Martin.p
05-01-16, 11:11 AM
I've had it done.

Obviously they don't knock you out when they do it. They do ask you to shave or at least trim yourself back on the sides of your sack.

it wasn't anywhere near as painful as I thought. More a uncomfortable felling. As you'd expect having another man pull at your plums.
The bit that bothers me was, I wasn't quite sure how he doing till he said 'that's one side done' then from then on I could kinda picture and imagine what he was doing on next side.

I drove myself home after. Walked carefully. More out of fear of it possibly hurting.
Area felt swollen and tender. Recommend snug fitting underwear for a few days to stop yourself swinging about.

Did go some funny shades of purple. But didn't stop me getting on with life.
youll naturally be careful in what you do.

You wont feel like sex for quite a while.

As for now. 3-4 yr on. There are no marks. Absolutely NO change in performance or 'out come'
quantity, appearance, can't comment on taste! are all the same.

Even I sometimes I forget I'm a jaffer lol

Subtle modder
05-01-16, 11:18 AM
Cheers Martin, aswell as making me LOL at the end youve quite reasured me there

Whether though lack of experience or legal technicalities the doc would comment on most the personal Q's i asked just telling me to ask friends (pointless as most are unconnected 'im young single and free' type) or google

Relieved to hear its all same after, i had visions (nightmares) that id go through it and its be crap after and have been partly pointless lol

Mind me asking how old you were?

Wayne

Martin.p
05-01-16, 11:25 AM
I would of been 31-32 with 3 kids. Oldest is now 16.

Yes I started young.

Subtle modder
05-01-16, 11:38 AM
You see i see that as a normal age to get it done, as you say you already have 3, I have a going on 5 year old little boy and a almost 2 year old little girl so we have one of each and are quite content

Im 30 next month, mrs 5 years younger so although were able to have more, nearly loosing her after one pregancy i value her over any more kids by a country mile, i was quite miffed when he sent me away to think as i dont want to change my mind / wimp out hence being mature and taking the time to go and ask for it.

Thanks for replies :D

Wayne

Martin.p
05-01-16, 11:43 AM
Only other thing I could say that has been a issue is.
At the time. I'd been with my partner for yrs and had no plans to leave.
But things change. And I'm now with a new woman. She has two children and her second was a difficult birth. She was told. It wouldn't be recommended she have another.
I don't want any more kids. I've got my 3 lovely girls.
But it has caused a bit of tension/upset because the possibility isn't there. Even though we both don't/shouldn't/can't have any more. I think she feels the option was never there for her.
But you can never tell what's going to happen I the future.

Subtle modder
05-01-16, 11:56 AM
That is one thing the doc did say about, terming it as "you may not want kids in this realtionship but might in the next" and indeed the mrs has also said it as a considertation in the fact she knows ive always wanted kids an "doesnt want me to do it for her" etc etc but i see little choices to be quite honest

The woman version (hysterectomy?) we have already discussed with the doctor about a year back and was told she'd need to go for atleast 3-4 sessions of counciling to be assessed as of sound mind to go ahead at such a young age (23 at time) yet when i found it to be another full on surgery so to speak i stopped her having it done, shes had 4 in last 3 years due to issues and i wasnt putting her through another, due to medical issues shes not allowed any contraceptions

The doctor has suggested just using condoms (neither like) or the most insulting and immature of all "just dont have sex for the time being" which i see as both naive and stupid in a relationship which enjoys it

Wayne

Stuart
05-01-16, 12:02 PM
worth a note though that the snip can massively increase the severity of prostate cancer... That wont stop me getting it done though lol
The mrs wants another child, I dont, I'm obviously an asshole for that but hey.

Subtle modder
05-01-16, 12:16 PM
You know in the 30 minutes we were in there he never mentioned that nor have i seen it whilst googling, just shows its worth asking a Q like this to an actual audience, as you say though in the whole scheme of things its a small consideration

A friend went through your argument to the point she actually split up with him, quite odd i thought to go from wanting to make a life long commitment with him (how i see kids) to not wanting to be with him at all within 3 months but hey lol

Wayne

Stuart
05-01-16, 12:28 PM
well we nearly split up over me not being sure if I wanted one... we had one, shes ace. Had I known the "deal" would be for 2 then I'd have walked before the first.
From what I can gather, most women are never happy with "their lot" and if a friend has the audacity to get pregnant then they must too lol

Benn
05-01-16, 01:31 PM
My dad had it done. Was in and out in 2-3 hours. Was told to wear tight Yfronts for the first week to keep movement low.
I collected him after the op in my Nova, he said straight after he was fine. Day after and for the week felt sore. But not really painful.

Getting it done in the Navy is the worse from everything i've heard. As they all end up with bruised bollocks and in pain for weeks.

Subtle modder
05-01-16, 03:24 PM
All sounding better than expected so far to be honest, just discussing it with the mrs on her break at work and she cant get any more time off than already booked untill July so i either have it done and carry on looking after littluns as usual etc or have it done on my birthday week next month when she had booked off to take me away.... some decision :-/ lol

Wayne

Jack
05-01-16, 04:44 PM
I've not had it done, but I've had an orchidectomy which is sort of similar... although they don't go through the nut sack, fuck that shit lol

Was told to wear tight Yfronts for the first week to keep movement low.
This. I swapped from wearing loose boxers to relatively tighter CK ones, as you need to hold stuff in one place for a while.

Also check with your car insurance people as they may not cover you if you've had an operation in the past X-days. Some only do so if you have a general anesthetic but better to check first.

Stuart
05-01-16, 04:53 PM
out through the mouth?

wwmnw
05-01-16, 04:57 PM
out through the mouth?

Rectum, bit like how they fix 'Wall eye vision'.

Subtle modder
06-01-16, 09:46 AM
After this thread yesterday i called docs first thing this morning for an appointment to get it done, got wait for an appointment later this week for another discussion however the lady is under the insistance its not an in doctors procedure but instead a hospital admitence through which the doctor refers me for, this was quite different than i thought (or seen on NHS site) and i imagine involves a usual waiting list? :( Did you have to go this way Martin?

I've not had it done, but I've had an orchidectomy which is sort of similar... although they don't go through the nut sack, fuck that shit lol

Also check with your car insurance people as they may not cover you if you've had an operation in the past X-days. Some only do so if you have a general anesthetic but better to check first.

Is that an option to avoid the isssue stuart mentioned or was it through cancer treatment in the first place if you dont mind me openly asking?

Tricky one Jack, i wont be able walk the 7-8 miles a day so will have use car however if i cant do that it really does balls things up :roll:

Wayne

Martin.p
06-01-16, 12:56 PM
Yes, I had to go to docs then be referred. Didn't have it done at a hospital. It was at a walk in type clinic. Specifically for the procedure. I had to wait a month or two. Then they say don't have unprotected sex for quite a few weeks. Well until you go back to hospital and give a sample for checking. Then few days wait for results.

Andy
06-01-16, 02:45 PM
Do you have to jack off in hospital afterwards?

Stuart
06-01-16, 02:50 PM

Milking the prostate.....

Benn
06-01-16, 03:02 PM

Nah you go back after a week or so, but with a sample in a baggie. lol

Martin.p
06-01-16, 03:06 PM

Well they like to see the sample within 45min of it being produced.
So you can do it at home.

Benn
06-01-16, 03:07 PM
45min??!! I wouldn't wanna rust it after that kinda op.

Subtle modder
06-01-16, 05:45 PM
I did wonder about the sampling etc just didnt want be as blunt as Andy haha lol

Really want to thank you guys though, Martin especially, youve helped/informed me more than any other avenue and i cant thank enough :cool:

i atleast have a broad idea of what im letting myself in for now, i had hoped the lady was wrong on waiting but clearly not :( i might be able have sex by 2017 at this rate :roll::cry:lol

Wayne

ShawnAzzopardi
06-01-16, 06:12 PM
I'm 21, no kids, but plan on getting it done, simply due to the fact, I don't really like kids, dislike the idea of having any, and quite frankly, when I hear a baby cry, I wanna rip off my ears, and feed them to piranhas.

Royston
06-01-16, 07:00 PM
Been there and done it, and also had a reversal!!!:eek:, 13 yrs after having it done (it was successful), for obvious reasons with my second wife........;)

No Issues when I had it done (back to work the next day), was told to rest for 2 weeks after the reversal, was a little more uncomfortable the other waylol

Bear in mind that it is the luck of the draw though, I was fine, but have known work colleagues walking like John Wayne for weeks:eek::eek:

Jack
07-01-16, 12:19 PM
I recommend Southmead, their provided "material" isn't too bad. lol

out through the mouth?
No, 5-6" chop in the groin. Makes having a poo a tad difficult for a few days, as you have to pretty much stand over the crapper lol

Is that an option to avoid the isssue stuart mentioned or was it through cancer treatment in the first place if you dont mind me openly asking?
Cancer treatment, easiest way to 'treat' it was to chop off the affected area. :eek:

Subtle modder
07-01-16, 03:34 PM
I'm 21, no kids, but plan on getting it done, simply due to the fact, I don't really like kids, dislike the idea of having any, and quite frankly, when I hear a baby cry, I wanna rip off my ears, and feed them to piranhas.

You know when i got with the Mrs thats exactly what she told me, infact after meeting the family and seeing my little niece that id help bring up she almost split up with me over it, 8 months later we decided try for a baby and now have 2, trust me noone wants to hear baby cries though :cry:

Been there and done it, and also had a reversal!!!:eek:, 13 yrs after having it done (it was successful), for obvious reasons with my second wife........;)

No Issues when I had it done (back to work the next day), was told to rest for 2 weeks after the reversal, was a little more uncomfortable the other waylol

Bear in mind that it is the luck of the draw though, I was fine, but have known work colleagues walking like John Wayne for weeks:eek::eek:

Was wondering if anyone had had it backtracked :eek: was it the first wife that had you get it done or did you just change your outlook on life/kids etc? the luck of the draw thing is what scares me as ill openly admit im a wuss with incissions / needles / hospitals in general, i can muller my self with grinders in garage and drop a gearbox on my leg etc without moan infact whilst cutting up a car shell last year i cut an 9" scar up my leg and carried on doing the shell till it was finnsihed and stacked away, got through 3 dressing pads in process lollol (quickly masking taped in place save time) lol

but put me near a needle and seem to feel every scratch of it :(

No, 5-6" chop in the groin. Makes having a poo a tad difficult for a few days, as you have to pretty much stand over the crapper lol

Cancer treatment, easiest way to 'treat' it was to chop off the affected area. :eek:

Omg that sounds horrendous :eek::tard: but needs must, all good now?

Wayne

Subtle modder
20-02-16, 05:54 PM
Well i finally had it done yesterday (19/2) the day after my birthday :wtf:

It was a lot more invasive than i was expecting, he was quite brutal, surprising the mrs as well as me (she was sadistically watching the procedure like some episode of her medical programs lol) but i didn't mind so much as long as it was all done

For those not aware of this procedure It basically consisted of cut in lower of your ball sack, anesthetic injection into ball sack, then puts a hook tool in the cut and pulls out your testicle sperm tube, an injection in this and then puts two clamps on 20mm a part and then cuts out a 10mm section and uses a converted soldering iron to burn the ends.. :eek: no its actually Quartarised with a thick needle shaped tool lol

Then releases the clamps and the tubes run off back in the sack lol , does same other side and then just a pad of dressing to go over the sack held in place by your Y fronts, no stitches

I only had the replies on here to go off for pain/discomfort etc of which id like to thank people again for the replies, myself being a wimp when it comes to docs / needles etc i was clenching like hell on the first needle, the second ball job actually hurt more and i admit i had my head in hands in agony, walked out like john Wayne after and rather to my surprise the anesthetic / numbness wore off within 15 mins of leaving, ive had last night and today to relax and kids are on thier way back now so dealing with them trying to jump up for a cuddle etc has me wanting to hide :(lol:p

While im on subject the sperm testing route has changed, Now 4 months and wont test before and hes told the mrs shes got to jack me off atleast 50 times, (whilst whispering actually 25) :dlol before testing which is into a pot, then sealed inside another and then posted away in this bag, reply with a week or 2 so in short no sex till end of July :tard: which ill be honest was quite horrifying in this modern age but apparently due to them having some guys still showing fertile sperm after just over 2 months :eek: but then clear on second test

Wayne

bazzap8389
21-02-16, 02:23 AM
Damn, I cringed reading that. Hopefully it's worked for you mate and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Subtle modder
22-02-16, 01:02 AM
Damn, I cringed reading that. Hopefully it's worked for you mate and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Cheers :) I'm dearly hoping it has

Swelling has gone down but a bit of stinging today, moaned at from mrs because ive been lifting kids about etc but I'm on school run in morning anyway so 1 day didn't seem much of gain to wait anyway

Interestingly the doctor told me to "refrain from getting an errection for atleast a couple of day's".... bit confused how I was meant to be doing this whilst still sharing a bed with the mrs etc... needless to say ive failed lollol:cry:

Wayne

Jack
22-02-16, 12:24 PM
Interestingly the doctor told me to "refrain from getting an errection for atleast a couple of day's".... bit confused how I was meant to be doing this whilst still sharing a bed with the mrs etc
Marriage worked for me lol

Subtle modder
22-02-16, 01:58 PM
Marriage worked for me lol

Hahahaha lol:cry:lol:cry:

I sometimes think i should get married... i might get the car done then lol

Wayne