PDA

View Full Version : Some nostalgia

ShawnAzzopardi
02-01-16, 07:45 PM
Anyone remember Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed?

This is my favorite track from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jaSAbYg04U&list=WL&index=47

And it sounds pretty period correct for a Nova in my ears.

Man, what I wouldn't give to go back 15 years in time and relive those PS1 years..

ben doodar
03-01-16, 11:34 AM
I remember playing the original need for speed game on ps1 many moons ago always makes me feel nostalgic thinking back to the hours we spent playing it.

Edd
03-01-16, 12:32 PM
What you need is a emulator +Roms for desktop pc

Every console, every game

ShawnAzzopardi
03-01-16, 04:07 PM
What you need is a emulator +Roms for desktop pc

Every console, every game

I know, I have one. It just isn't the same, you know? I even have my old PS1. Still works. Just, times have changed

ShawnAzzopardi
03-01-16, 04:07 PM
I remember playing the original need for speed game on ps1 many moons ago always makes me feel nostalgic thinking back to the hours we spent playing it.
They just don't make them like they used to.

Andy
03-01-16, 05:08 PM
Cant say i ever remember that game.porsche challenge i remember being muck.Best ps driving game was toca 1 and 2.and colin mcrae rally of course.

ShawnAzzopardi
03-01-16, 05:37 PM
Cant say i ever remember that game.porsche challenge i remember being muck.Best ps driving game was toca 1 and 2.and colin mcrae rally of course.
Porsche Challenge I liked the Evolution aspect of it, where you race through the years. Haven't seen that in any other game. Need For Speed are garbage nowadays anyway. Toca I'll be honest, I've never owned, but Colin McRae Rally I've owned for sure. V-Rally were great too, and so were Gran Turismo. Only racing series I play nowadays. I still have the original discs for Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2.

Edit: I forgot the gem that is Crash Team Racing.

Southie
03-01-16, 05:50 PM
Lotus espirt challenge, stunt car racer and super cars 2 for me, also at the arcades was outrun ;)
Oh and I grew up playing spectrums, amigas, Atari STe's and neo geos.

I still remember playing street fighter in the arcades well before it came out on the super nes, then when the super new came out I rushed out to buy one, it wasn't the same buzz though.

wwmnw
04-01-16, 03:25 PM
I was addicted to the Gran Turismo series on PS1 (and Metal Gear Solid) no one ever beat me on either GT, I once read that if you bought every car on the game in black a McLaren garage would appear allowing you to by the road going McLaren F1. I cant remember how far through buying all the cars I got but I didn't do them all, cant have been far off but some cars weren't available in black lol