PDA

View Full Version : Bigger injectors

moffat sri
23-09-03, 12:14 AM
I know of someone with a Nova SRI with Cav 130 injectors in it.
If I did this to my SRI, would I be noticing much of a increase in power or not?
I have an induction kit and cat-back system if that'll help.
Would it have to be set up, and if so, is this possible with my car bein all ECU controlled?
Cheers fowks.

Aragorn
23-09-03, 04:08 PM
the lambda probe would simply back teh fuelling off to keep the engine running stoich so it wouldnt make any difference

losing the cat would give a much nicer boost in the feel and drivability of the car

Dicko
23-09-03, 05:12 PM
yes loose the cat the injectors will make fck all difference !!!

nov4
23-09-03, 05:55 PM
all u will be doin is getting more fuel into the cylinder, but not enough air to compensate for the extra fuel. i could gas flow the head or get bigger valves or bigger head.

not sure if u would need to change the ECU though, would have thought so though.

Dicko
23-09-03, 06:03 PM
WRONG he has an sri therefore a lambda sensor that will kickback the injectors til the mixture is back to what it used to be!!

yes modding the the head will improve performance but the sri injectors are more than capable to compensate for this!

novax
23-09-03, 10:03 PM
Here have a look here.

http://vaux-md.net/injection/injec-intro.htm

Hope it helps :D

moffat sri
24-09-03, 12:01 AM
Ta people. I've lookad at that injection information before but most of it is complicated.
I've thought about takin the cat out. My mate took his out his mk3 astra 1.6 16v. He had an induction kit and a Peco Powermaster back box and it sounded quite good but when he took the cat out, it turned really loud, more like a rally car. I wouldn't want mine to get as bad as his did.

How much am i lookin at to get the head gas flowed/ported and polished? And where can i get this done? Would i get it done at the same place as i got the head skimmed a while back? I dunno if they do this (Rosamund Rebores for any of you who live near Blyth or in Newcastle)