PDA

View Full Version : Home brew

Iain
20-12-15, 06:52 PM
Anyone made or makes their own happy juice?

Just finished fermenting my own cider with some crab apples I got from a local tree for the first time and the odd mouthful I've had siphoning it off is proper tasty. Can't wait to have a proper drink of it.

wwmnw
20-12-15, 07:01 PM
I work for a brewery, does that make me cool?

turbojolt
20-12-15, 07:04 PM
You shouldn't be suprised I have done it a few times.

The best one I made was plum and nectarine wine....had a load of fruit that didn't sell and thought why not proper tasty and minimal hangover when I arose in my dad's garden half naked apprantly I was trying to fight foxes...or the other f word who knows

wwmnw
20-12-15, 07:08 PM
lol lol lol you mong

ShawnAzzopardi
20-12-15, 07:18 PM
You shouldn't be suprised I have done it a few times.

The best one I made was plum and nectarine wine....had a load of fruit that didn't sell and thought why not proper tasty and minimal hangover when I arose in my dad's garden half naked apprantly I was trying to fight foxes...or the other f word who knows
Do it again with GoPro's. Please. For science.

turbojolt
20-12-15, 07:24 PM
Science is important

Stuart
20-12-15, 07:56 PM
Did a few brews a year or so ago. Came out well but I can't get rid of 40pints fast enough lol

Iain
20-12-15, 08:04 PM
I've only managed a few pints out this lot of apples. If it tastes like crap or is too strong I'll give it to Leigh and watch him go mental and stab someone.

turbojolt
20-12-15, 08:24 PM
*off to sharpen the cutlass*

Andy
20-12-15, 08:51 PM

Do you really? I didnt know

Stuart
20-12-15, 08:53 PM

Depends on what is brewed there

turbojolt
20-12-15, 10:08 PM

Goes to the gym aswell

Iain
20-12-15, 10:09 PM
Cue protein based conversation like the other threads.

turbojolt
20-12-15, 10:22 PM
Ate chicken today and done the misses.....mega mass build Bro

Ian with two i's do you even lift?

Iain
20-12-15, 10:24 PM
The second I stands for 'intense workout' brah

turbojolt
20-12-15, 10:28 PM
That's why you always walk around with the protein shake cup even if it's just filled with water....finally makes sense

turbojolt
20-12-15, 10:30 PM
Off to do bare nought lifting of heavy stuff see you guys at physiotherapy due to rotational cup displacement....p.s the heavy stuff is my penis *giggles*

wwmnw
20-12-15, 10:43 PM
Yeah mate, legit! I deliver in Scarborough too, Angel Hotel, Little Angel on Flowergate, also delivered to one up from the Angel Hotel but not been there for a while! Maybe I should talk about this more!

Depends on what is brewed there
Ale.

Andy
20-12-15, 11:53 PM
Angel in scarboro is alright i used to sup in there a few years ago.never heard of flowergate in scarboro though

brainsnova
21-12-15, 01:11 AM

It makes you fat

wwmnw
22-12-15, 09:27 PM
Angel in scarboro is alright i used to sup in there a few years ago.never heard of flowergate in scarboro though

That's because I'm getting Whitby and Scarborough mixed up lol Delivered to North riding brew pub, Stumble Inn, Scholars bar and some others I cant remember in Scarborough, depends if you like craft ale or just lager tho.

It makes you fat
:cry: I'll f**cking sit on you

mowgli
22-12-15, 11:49 PM
I remember trying home brew making when I was 15. It was bloody difficult, what with rationing etc.... anyway, I made a load of lemon/ginger ale.. it was all bottles, and the instructions said to put a book on if the corks rose up. So after putting 20 large hardback books on them, we came up with a great idea... put them on the work top, and wedge books all the way up to the wall units.... so far so good... then we started drinking it.. it was awesome, fizzy, and got us pissed. But getting the last bottle out was a challenge, and I ended up on the floor underneath a load of books... but I never spilt a drop.

Iain
23-12-15, 08:57 AM
My cider looks horrible but tastes great so far ha ha.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20151223/b29b848baaffee0921b264e558463262.jpg

wwmnw
23-12-15, 09:27 PM
I remember trying home brew making when I was 15. It was bloody difficult, what with rationing etc.... anyway, I made a load of lemon/ginger ale.. it was all bottles, and the instructions said to put a book on if the corks rose up. So after putting 20 large hardback books on them, we came up with a great idea... put them on the work top, and wedge books all the way up to the wall units.... so far so good... then we started drinking it.. it was awesome, fizzy, and got us pissed. But getting the last bottle out was a challenge, and I ended up on the floor underneath a load of books... but I never spilt a drop.

Hero.

BRoadGhost
24-12-15, 09:35 AM
Mmm round about the same age me and a friend bought the homebrew cider kit from Boots (which was perfectly legal at the time lol) his old man worked at a university & 'sourced' a 100 litre demijohn (sp), everything got thrown in that & several months later it was bottled up. Never got to figure out what % it was, but strong enough to make teenagers remove all the downstairs furniture & sit out in the garden all night!

mowgli
25-12-15, 01:42 PM
Mr B road Ghost, that sounds like it did the job. Happy christmas

Iain
14-01-16, 08:21 PM
My cider is disgusting. It may get you drunk therefore I am willing to sell it. Any offers?