PDA

View Full Version : Puzleing..

Gazza14SR
23-09-03, 12:03 AM
Ive been told today that it is elligal to carry a spare wheel with a bold tyre but its fine not to carry one at all?

Is this true?

Also how do you 'hide' the wires on a boot install they're driving me mad! ArgH!!

Mark
23-09-03, 12:06 AM
As far as I am aware it is illegal, something to do with if you have a spare and it is bald you will be willing to use it in an emergency and therefore breaking the law, you are unable to break the law if you have no spare to replace a puncture with...

Phil_G
23-09-03, 12:21 AM
Hi,

MOt regulations state that if the spare tyre is present, then it has to be in a road legal condition ( i.e no excessive cracking and required depth of tread) but if it isnt there then its not a testable item :)

Phil

so1o
23-09-03, 05:28 AM
As far as i know you get done for not having a spare wheel , plus if the one your carrying is not legal your gonna get done for that aswell.

ade
23-09-03, 07:51 AM
as for the wires - you need to hide them behind the install itself - patch them through some trunking or cable tie them together then run them in inconspicuous areas of the boot (round the edges etc) - you can get plastic cable trunking they go in if they bother you that much.

Or you can get little clips that hold them in place - most ice cables are nice colours to enhance the install. Unless youre using bell wire

:o

Jim
23-09-03, 08:58 AM
Ive been told today that it is elligal to carry a spare wheel with a bold tyre but its fine not to carry one at all?

When you say bold, do you mean as in brave ;) :P

Jim

wisewood
23-09-03, 10:44 AM
As has been said - if you are carrying a tyre it must be in road worthy condtion and must not be bold :lol:

You are not legally required to carry a spare wheel, if you were there would be several thousand people who bought a new smart car who would be buggered when it has its first MOT because they do not come with one, instead there is a number you can call and they will come out to help you in a fashion not dis-similar to the aa or rac and they simply swap the wheel.

So if you have a smart car and you kerb your alloy - stab the tyre with a naila nd phone them out to help you :D