PDA

View Full Version : Gym talk

Pages : [1] 2

wwmnw
19-12-15, 02:27 PM
There seems to be enough of us on here to warrent this I feel, see how well it goes though.

Not long back from the gym, made some personal bests 5RM today 115kg squat (could have hit 120kg but my coach moved me on) and 90kg bench, I want the bench at 100kg before I can brag though :cry: had single arm dumb bell rows which aren't owt flash 27.5kg today bit on the light side, finisher was a killer though, 100kg sled pulls, backwards :cry::cry::cry::cry: legs were on FIRE!

What programs are others following?

therealnovaboy
19-12-15, 03:13 PM
I just walked up 12 flights of stairs. maybe tomorrow ill walk back down instead of using the lift.

bazzap8389
19-12-15, 03:31 PM
Some good lifts there mate :thumb:

im not following anything at the moment, not got enough spare time so just getting there when I can. Managed a quick workout last night though. Done some back and bis 120kg dead lifts 3x8 and 70kg bent over rows that was the highlights even then not worth speaking about. My lifts were higher when I was 8kg lighter...fml

brainsnova
19-12-15, 03:45 PM
Ive been fitting a bathroom and the toilet weighs 35kg with the cistern that's been my workout as it's not been straight forward to connect the waste so it's been in and out many times. Last week i done a dead lift 1x transit dual mass flywheel lying on my back lifting up to the engine and it's not a light part

wwmnw
19-12-15, 05:59 PM
I just walked up 12 flights of stairs. maybe tomorrow ill walk back down instead of using the lift.
Do it, after a while you'll feel the benefit then start doing it randomly just for the hell of it, then start running up and down them to build some quads, preferably naked so everyone can see your awesome glutee and quads!

Some good lifts there mate :thumb:

im not following anything at the moment, not got enough spare time so just getting there when I can. Managed a quick workout last night though. Done some back and bis 120kg dead lifts 3x8 and 70kg bent over rows that was the highlights even then not worth speaking about. My lifts were higher when I was 8kg lighter...fml
Cheers mate, they will get better and soon! Decent deadlift and bent over row there! What do you weigh in at? I'm currently around 103-105kg, like food and beer too much :cry:

Ive been fitting a bathroom and the toilet weighs 35kg with the cistern that's been my workout as it's not been straight forward to connect the waste so it's been in and out many times. Last week i done a dead lift 1x transit dual mass flywheel lying on my back lifting up to the engine and it's not a light part
You'll sleep well tonight! What does the DMF weigh? Never handled one although i imagine my dual mass penis probably weighs similar!

bazzap8389
19-12-15, 06:23 PM
Aye, especially if you have a trainer he'll push you and you'll gain quicker. Currently at 88kg at 17 % fat. I want to get back to 14 % or below. Not the time of year to have ambitions like that though lol

wwmnw
19-12-15, 06:36 PM
Haha yeah you could just take it easy but hey f*ck it its christmas (not that many people are religious these days) I need to drop some belly fat and a chin, got a great 6 pack but never seen it lmao

Andy
19-12-15, 06:43 PM
Today i lifted my pint pulled my plonker and squatted for a shit.pretty sure all at the same time at one point so yeah a personal best lol lol lol

paul james
19-12-15, 07:39 PM
I'm not a gym member, can't afford a monthly gym membership. Not sure I'd want to go to a gym often even if I could afford it, as when I have been to gyms it didn't seem that friendly with everyone listening to ipods. I workout Rocky IV style according to one of mates, I do quite a bit of running, even in rain or snow. I managed to get down to a 5 minute mile earlier this year, but have slowed down a bit since my running parter passed away, my much missed border collie. I have dumbells and a bench to use, I do have to be careful as I have loose joints from long ligaments, so can easily injur myself if I aim too heavy. I do curl 22kilo dumbells and bench about 80kilos, nothing impressive but I've always been skinny, then skinny with a belly before I took up exercising, so for me its good. I don't have any specific goals other than just trying to stay in decent shape, so I don't say I'm 'training' :)

meritlover
19-12-15, 07:47 PM
I stand and observe the Gym. Lots of man touching going on, people who take far to much care in their appearance for a male dominated line of work.
Then lots of mutual backslapping and high-fiving over a big juice bottles full of pancake mix.

After that, i was spent.

BRoadGhost
19-12-15, 08:09 PM
It's all about running

Southie
19-12-15, 09:51 PM
I was going to the gym quite regularly for the last year, with work getting so busy though it's on hold at the minute.

wwmnw
20-12-15, 02:25 AM
I'm not a gym member, can't afford a monthly gym membership. Not sure I'd want to go to a gym often even if I could afford it, as when I have been to gyms it didn't seem that friendly with everyone listening to ipods. I workout Rocky IV style according to one of mates, I do quite a bit of running, even in rain or snow. I managed to get down to a 5 minute mile earlier this year, but have slowed down a bit since my running parter passed away, my much missed border collie. I have dumbells and a bench to use, I do have to be careful as I have loose joints from long ligaments, so can easily injur myself if I aim too heavy. I do curl 22kilo dumbells and bench about 80kilos, nothing impressive but I've always been skinny, then skinny with a belly before I took up exercising, so for me its good. I don't have any specific goals other than just trying to stay in decent shape, so I don't say I'm 'training' :)
R.I.P your dog mate, I'm a dog lover and i mean dog lover I'll stop my work to stroke a dog, especially labradors! 22 kilo DB curls is decent so keep it up mate, running is only good for your cardio system weights is good for building a muscular body!

I stand and observe the Gym. Lots of man touching going on, people who take far to much care in their appearance for a male dominated line of work.
Then lots of mutual backslapping and high-fiving over a big juice bottles full of pancake mix.

After that, i was spent.

In teh rong jim m9

It's all about running
If you want to be cardio fit yes, want to be muscular then no, runners are never muscly! (Low bodyfat doesnt count as muscly even if theyre ripped, thats low BF %)

I was going to the gym quite regularly for the last year, with work getting so busy though it's on hold at the minute.
I know them feels mate 60 hrs a week here or there abouts no time for much!!

bazzap8389
20-12-15, 10:33 PM
5 minute mile is proper impressive mate! I run 1.5 miles on my lunch break twice a week or so and my best is just under 8 mins a mile.

wwmnw
20-12-15, 10:40 PM
5 minute mile is crazy, my uncle used to do marathons and was doing 5 minute miles, I couldn't even do it in 10 minutes at the minute but thats not just due to being fat I have injurys!

Andy
20-12-15, 10:57 PM
5 minute mile is crazy, my uncle used to do marathons and was doing 5 minute miles, I couldn't even do it in 10 minutes at the minute but thats not just due to being fat I have injurys!

All fat people have injuries.But most have more excuses lol

brainsnova
21-12-15, 12:30 AM
It's all about if you have a physical job then you don't need the gym unless you want to have massive arms.

Benn
21-12-15, 08:13 AM
It's all about if you have a physical job then you don't need the gym unless you want to have massive arms.

No true. I have a physical job, but gym it to lose my belly and want bigger wings and traps. (Latissimus doris muscles and trapezius)

paul james
21-12-15, 04:36 PM
5 minute mile is proper impressive mate! I run 1.5 miles on my lunch break twice a week or so and my best is just under 8 mins a mile.

Its been a while since I last did it in 5 minutes, a recent effort was a bit over 6 minutes. I've put on a stone and a half recently though so theres a fair bit more of me to carry around.

As for running not being good for muscle build, its all about how you approach it. You don't see many 100m spinters who are thin. I tend to do just a 1 mile run, and try to do it quickly. I generally do that 4 or 5 times a week and incoporate quite a bit of uphill running and some all out sprints to push my legs harder. Sometimes I do longer runs, but my joints tend to complain when I try to go far. Another benefit of doing short runs several times a week is I don't get bored of it or struggle to find the time, especially since I usually just start straight out of my front door, so its very easy to fit it in a day.

BRoadGhost
21-12-15, 05:12 PM
It's all about how you are at the point of what training you do; i.e. height, age, weight and what you want to achieve.

That is to say if age is catching up with you & you're built like a bricksh1thouse, you might find leaning out that muscle that wants to get saggy with running / swimming could work wonders ;0

DaveMarshall
21-12-15, 09:59 PM
Never been to the gym, most people I speak to seem to talk about men changing in the locker room and walking around with their knobs out posing. Is gym code for gay meeting place?

Dave.

wwmnw
22-12-15, 09:15 PM
All fat people have injuries.But most have more excuses lol
Achilles tendinitis and plantar fasciitis, caused by running :(

Physical job here too, doesn't work like that lol would be nice though.

No true. I have a physical job, but gym it to lose my belly and want bigger wings and traps. (Latissimus doris muscles and trapezius)

To strip fat its all about what you eat, calories in vs calories out so if you take in 2500 cals a day but only put out 2300 you will put fat on, if you take in 2500 but put out 2600 you will lose fat.

Have a read of this website and use the calculator to estimate how many cals you should be taking in a day along side your macros then if you don't already have it, download my fitness pal onto your phone and track your cals/macros http://www.flexible-diet.co.uk/

Southie
22-12-15, 09:20 PM
Never been to the gym, most people I speak to seem to talk about men changing in the locker room and walking around with their knobs out posing. Is gym code for gay meeting place?

Dave.
Strange answer, your gaydar is obviously broken.

wwmnw
22-12-15, 09:29 PM
Strange answer, your gaydar is obviously broken.

Not too badly broken, he found his way to Performance Nova Gay's!

Southie
22-12-15, 09:31 PM
I thought the site was Performance Nutirition Gym, where all the gym buddies hang out.

wwmnw
22-12-15, 09:44 PM
Doesn't seem to have much to do with Nova's anymore lol

P.S its bro's or if you're taking directly to someone its bruh

bazzap8389
22-12-15, 10:01 PM
What sort of program you following at the gym? Trying to build muscle mostly or losing fat?

Stuart
22-12-15, 10:16 PM
Wtf is a macro, beyond a bit of virus in Office, or a super close up Lens setting lol

bazzap8389
22-12-15, 10:20 PM
Haha it's just keeping an eye on intake of kcal, proteins fats etc etc

Andy
22-12-15, 10:43 PM
You want 40/40/20 to lose fat and tone

wwmnw
23-12-15, 09:30 PM
What sort of program you following at the gym? Trying to build muscle mostly or losing fat?

Me? Lose belly fat build muscle, obviously losing belly fat is down to kcal intake building muscle is down to lifting, I pay £80 a month for one 1-1 a week with a well known coach, just need to keep a better check on my kcals.

Benn
23-12-15, 10:32 PM
To strip fat its all about what you eat, calories in vs calories out so if you take in 2500 cals a day but only put out 2300 you will put fat on, if you take in 2500 but put out 2600 you will lose fat.

I know, which is what i'm doing.

BRoadGhost
24-12-15, 09:19 AM
It does take a long time

paul james
24-12-15, 10:34 AM
When I set my mind to losing weight a few years back, I did it quickly. I lost a stone and a half in two weeks, by exercising nearly every day and just downsizing my portions when cooking and cutting out often eaten junk like ice cream and too much bread. I was feeling hungry going to sleep at night, but feeling a little bit hungry isn't going to kill you and it was basically telling me I was getting it right and burning off more than I was putting in.

You just have to make sure what you do eat is actually good food, so its just the body fat your getting rid of. Losing the weight gave me more energy, let me run quicker and helped show off the effort I put into sit-ups, which is the motivation to keep up the lifestyle change. Losing weight quickly is said by some to be a bad thing, but it was good for me as seeing obvious results in a short time stopped me from giving up, as I'd never stuck to exercising or eating reasonably healthy for very long before.

I don't count calories or anything, I do try to take in a good amount of protein, I drink two pints of milk a day, eat lots of chicken etc. I try not too eat too much of the obviously bad things full of sugar or crappy carbohydrates. You don't have to get all scientific about a 'diet' thats hard to stick to, or spend your whole life stuck inside a gym, and I think for most people doing that sets them up to fail as its too difficult to maintain.

wwmnw
24-12-15, 11:50 AM
I've also been told by a nutritionist that losing it too quickly isn't good, mainly as its said it can damage your body's metabolism but if it worked for you then well done!

You don't have to count calories etc but it all depends on what your goal is, to build muscle you need to eat in the right amount of calories and macros that your body needs, so the best way to do it is track your kcals and macros, obviously losing fat means you have to cut the kcals down, tracking just gives you an idea on what you've taken in that day and what you can make adjustments on over the week, it doesn't have to be done but for people with a specific goal its a good idea to do it!

You are right though eating more whole foods like good meats, veg fruit and cutting down on bread and sugary crap is a great idea! In the new year I'll be cutting right back on alcohol as this is my weak spot along with crisps but one step at a time!

Hit a new PB of 120kg squat for 5 reps today, could do more the coach even said it looked too easy, bench was 90kg for 5 again too but this isn't the easiest of exercises to improve on quickly plus its nearly my own body weight!

Andy
24-12-15, 01:24 PM
Fruit is sugary crap

bazzap8389
24-12-15, 04:25 PM
Nice lifts again mate looks like the weight is increasing nicely with your squats.

I done chest this morning, 34kg incline db press 3x8 and flat 3x6 with 80 done some flys too. My bench is down 25kg from this time last year lol

wwmnw
24-12-15, 06:45 PM
Fruit is sugary crap

Yeah its sugar (sugar is sugar regardless if its refined or natural) but you get some of your macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients from fruits.

Nice lifts again mate looks like the weight is increasing nicely with your squats.

I done chest this morning, 34kg incline db press 3x8 and flat 3x6 with 80 done some flys too. My bench is down 25kg from this time last year lol

Yeah squats aren't too bad but I'll have to be bang on with the nutrition in the new year to start seeing changes otherwise I'll probably plateau or struggle to lift heavier. I tend to like the pec flye as I feel it nip the middle of the chest prefer it to dumbbell chest press as it gets a bit wobbly with free weights but they're always better! Good effort on the incline and flat cant remember what my last was on incline been that long since I've done it!

Benn
26-12-15, 10:03 PM
Lat pull downs pb of 150kg 3x20. That was crimbo eve, going to moz hoping i can carry that on.

Hoping it wont be packed in the gym yet too.

wwmnw
27-12-15, 01:07 AM
150kg 3X20? That's a massive amount mate, my max is 80kg for 10 reps, you sure the gym you use is kg and not lbs?

bazzap8389
27-12-15, 02:45 AM
Oof that's a Colossal amount mate and especially with that reps!! Well done. Max my gym goes up to is 100kg used to manage 8 reps with it don't think I could now though.

Benn
27-12-15, 11:03 AM
150kg 3X20? That's a massive amount mate, my max is 80kg for 10 reps, you sure the gym you use is kg and not lbs?

Annoyingly they use both, but i'm sure that's right as kg is always on the left lbs on the right. But will check.

Oof that's a Colossal amount mate and especially with that reps!! Well done. Max my gym goes up to is 100kg used to manage 8 reps with it don't think I could now though.

Been doing 130 for awhile, but wanted to really push it. So tried 150. Managed 10 reps, then another 10 but with a 1min break in the middle.
I start light (70) for 20 reps, then go heavy as i can 130/150, for 20 reps at least twice. then drop to 110 for 2x20. Been doing that awhile but the gym was lovely and quite on crimbo eve, so really pushed.

Chest press (on a machine) of 100kg for 2x20 too. Not normally one i do, as i find the machine doesn't fit me well. Even with the seat at it's lowest, i'm sitting to high.

staggy_gsi
30-12-15, 09:30 PM
I train 3 times a week: chest and tri's on a monday, back and bi's on weds and shoulders and legs on a fri. However, we did chest and bi's tonight. Even with an xmas belly I managed 6 reps at 120kg bench press so was impressed.
I cant diet for shit, so thats something I want to try and address in the next couple of months. Currently 16st but I have quite a gut at the mo lol

wwmnw
30-12-15, 10:28 PM
I cant diet for shit, so thats something I want to try and address in the next couple of months. Currently 16st but I have quite a gut at the mo lol

Me and you both bruh. Bench is good mate! I want over 100kg I don't feel its brag worthy if you cant do over 100!

Benn
31-12-15, 11:25 AM
Necks isn't 100% but really wanna go to the gym before it gets mega busy.
Hate Jan at the gym, can never get on anything or get a good workout going.

bazzap8389
31-12-15, 11:47 AM
That's a good bench staggy! :thumb:

i was at the gym at 8am today was proper dead. January is a nightmare, I've been considering swapping to a different gym but I'll hold off until March or so. Pay the same as I do now but it's an mma based place so has a gym and lots of different fighting style classes. I've been wanting to stop the gym and use my own stuff but the classes i want to go to will work out cheaper just getting a membership.

got some new protein today also, an accidental purchase.. Unflavoured, it's proper mingin. I'll have to mix it half and half with some other stuff.

Andy
31-12-15, 03:49 PM
Staggy is pretty stacked like lol
im off back on saturday.cannot wait.then off on a 23mile bike ride on sunday.my body hates me haha.
baz mix it with nesquik.iv done that before.

staggy_gsi
31-12-15, 05:04 PM
Staggy is pretty stacked like lol
im off back on saturday.cannot wait.then off on a 23mile bike ride on sunday.my body hates me haha.
baz mix it with nesquik.iv done that before.

Give over bloody stacked!!

Had a bash at 140kg a while back but can only do a couple of reps.
Id say my upper back is probably my strongest part, at the moment Im managing to do a set of 8 reps at 100kg seated row, dunno how long Il keep that up for though lol

Benn
04-01-16, 09:26 PM

Really first day back after pulling a muscle in my neck. So this was the first thing i checked out.

Every bit of kit in the gym has Kg on the left of the pin, LBS on the right.... Bar the Lat pull down machine. Its around the other way! Really not impressed!!
So i've been doing 70kg 3x20 reps. Isn't enough so sat and did 1x20 then 3x10 reps of 81Kg (180LBS) Had a week off so sure i can do more.

Plus it was busy and god so loud with people chatting while kinda doing something... Roll on Feb when it quietens off a bit.

Oh and my legs.... So sore!

wwmnw
05-01-16, 09:50 AM
Thats still a good number, Benn, my max was 75 a few weeks ago!

Benn
05-01-16, 01:26 PM
That's all good tho, i was just pleased with what i was lifting.

Legs are sore still after going heavier on them. Biceps are aching too now, only did 2x20 of 37kg curls (plus normal lower weight sets). Normally do 41 min.

Benn
09-01-16, 06:32 PM
Much better time today, got there at 4pm, it was raining so it was dead. Best way.. I enjoy it much much more. Did two hours.
Bettered my uphill bike ride which was nice and that was after working my legs out. 65-70kg leg press and extinction(sp?)

Bi and Tri's up to 45kg.
2x20 dips after.
17kg (pre side free weights) shoulder shrugs.
Lat pulls down upped a bit to 80kg for 2x20.

Then slow jogged home in the rain..lol Now frigging freezing.

wwmnw
10-01-16, 02:19 PM
Doing well there Benn!

I was up for my 1-1 yesterday

Box jumps
110kg trap deadlift, loads more to come with that.
85kg bench (been off the gym over xmas and ill over new year, thats my excuse) active rest of band pull aparts (big thick elastic band that you grab with both hands and pull it apart really works the traps)
One armed dumbbell rows worked up to 30kg
Kettle bell walks, 28kg kettle bell in each hand and walk for 60 seconds X4 this is painful!

Benn
10-01-16, 03:07 PM
110kg trap deadlift

What is that?

wwmnw
10-01-16, 09:44 PM
They pretty much all look like this except the one I was using the weights went on the top and the actual trap is bigger and box steel not thin bar

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTgxWDgxNg==/z/-IoAAOSwpDdVJU4c/$_1.JPG

wwmnw
23-01-16, 06:02 PM
Had a couple of sessions at the strength and conditioning gym this week, todays was a killer strongman session Sled Prowler runs, farmers walks, sledge hammer tyre strikes and A frame prowler arm over arm pulls, a lot of pain today lol lad I was training with is a Royal Marine, he made everything look easy even with more weight on the equipment lol

Benn
25-01-16, 06:09 PM
o i'd love to try that trap bar. Looks awesome.

wwmnw
25-01-16, 07:22 PM
Bit of an iffy one to get right first time, but you'll know you've done it wrong if you fall over.

Benn
26-01-16, 03:21 PM
Yeah i bet, but bet it gives and great workout. I do my traps by hand, but alot of the time my hands hurt before my traps.

wwmnw
27-01-16, 03:15 PM
Despite the name it doesn't actually target the traps, although you may feel some pull due to lifting depending on the weight, its just a safer way to do dead lifts. I do recommend trying it though as always though gotta get the right stance or you'll do your back some damage, best off asking a qualified member of gym staff to show you how its done, don't do it like the guy in the picture on the link below, it looks like he's resting at least I hope he is or he's gonna hurt himself lol

https://www.t-nation.com/training/trap-bar-deadlift

Benn
27-01-16, 04:38 PM
Oh its for dead lifts more... Oh, shame as it would really work for traps i'd have thought.

Sports direct have bought a gym in town, the member ship has been halved. I fancy going for alook around to see what they have...

wwmnw
27-01-16, 09:13 PM
Dumbbells are all I use for shrugs suppose you could use a trap (or hex bar) cant see a reason not too but some of the ones like the picture I posted are 36kg so wouldn't need a lot of weight on (if any) for shrugs unless you're Kai Greene

Benn
28-01-16, 02:12 PM
I do too, but due to busyness i tend to do them last and my hands are hurting my that point, So holding 20kg bells make them ache. Bar i don't find as easy.

Benn
29-01-16, 01:51 PM
Eegghh was stand around a pose last night when i got there. Didn't get half what i wanted done but left feeling annoyed.
Heard a very skinny guy with a shocking fake tan say "i don't care about anything, bar my guns. Got to make them big, big guns are where it's at" talking to his mate, while they stared in to the mirrors. Both wearing matching track suits.
I started to laugh and looked away, then noticed a guy to their left looking away while trying not to laugh.

Have tho started to use a machine you sit at and pull the arms towards you (unsure what its called, but does back and biceps) Quite enjoy that, can go quite heavy with it with good reps. Shoulders are aching to day from it.

Andy
29-01-16, 01:54 PM
Seated row benn?
Pmsl at the pair of ballsacks at gym.Spose they think theyre ballers lol
i missed my training session this morning.Very very tired and hardly slept last night.

Edd
29-01-16, 04:25 PM
Those kinda retards are why I'd never go to a gym again

Got the concrete Base going down for my new gym at the back of the garden

Bought a £500 running machine for £50 off Facebook, been doing 5km at 9.5kph with 3% incline most days

Andy
29-01-16, 05:07 PM
Good effort that edd.you still off the bacca?

Benn
29-01-16, 06:33 PM
Seated row benn?
Pmsl at the pair of ballsacks at gym.Spose they think theyre ballers lol
i missed my training session this morning.Very very tired and hardly slept last night.

Hhmm that sounds kinda right. And yeah its very annoying. I think 10mins of the 20min i saw them for was talking about their "guns"

Those kinda retards are why I'd never go to a gym again

Got the concrete Base going down for my new gym at the back of the garden

Bought a £500 running machine for £50 off Facebook, been doing 5km at 9.5kph with 3% incline most days

Very nice and damn you running fit.

wwmnw
29-01-16, 09:04 PM
I used to love the seated row at a previous gym they don't have it at my local gym although I can make one out of the cable machine and a handle but its not the same. The lads are the reason I hate local gyms young with no idea lift wrong and will just injure themselves but carry on as if they haven't.

Got the strength and conditioning gym tomorrow (Spartan Performance) looking forward to that as got pissed off in my local gym the other day as the free weights room is small and people tend to sit directly behind you when you're stood doing things, its quite off putting :cry:

Benn
30-01-16, 12:59 PM
What do you do in the Spartan performance stuff then?

Andy
30-01-16, 01:14 PM
Is that the "big boys gym"?
I was out training this morning.6-7.30 strength and endurance in teams today involving 25l water barrels and planks of wood.i was in a team of lasses.class way to spend a saturday morning whilst most are sweating in bed stinking of farts and beer

wwmnw
31-01-16, 04:04 PM
Have a look http://spartanperformance.co.uk/

Benn
03-02-16, 12:59 PM
Is that the "big boys gym"?
I was out training this morning.6-7.30 strength and endurance in teams today involving 25l water barrels and planks of wood.i was in a team of lasses.class way to spend a saturday morning whilst most are sweating in bed stinking of farts and beer

The girls is one of the best things of the gym i do too.

Have a look http://spartanperformance.co.uk/

Will and do.
Looks and sounds very good.

Southie
03-02-16, 10:03 PM
I've not been to the gym since November now since my gym buddies decided to pack it in, I was doing bloody well but now with work also going ballistic I've lost a bit of interest. :(

Found beer again so not too bad lol

Andy
04-02-16, 03:13 AM
Lol beer membership is always there and youl get back in shape quicker lol

Benn
13-02-16, 12:04 PM
Me, wanting to use the seated row machine.
Man in a white work style shirt and shiney looking suit trousers with lil red fingerless 90s style bike gloves on is standing by the machine,
Me "are you using that?"
Him " yes"
I walk away.. Sit and do me legs, watching him not move... Still standing by it, hasn't used it.
15 mins pass, i'm watching him the whole time. Hasn't used it, still just standing leaning on it..
I walk back over... "are you finished? Still using that?"
Him "oh yeah just about to..."
Me, "really? cause you just been stand there not touching it for what *sarky looking at my wrist with no watch on it* 20mins?
Him, "well yeah but i gotta build up too it"
Me "well why not build up to it over there and let me get on"

To which he just walks off and sits on the floor watching other people work out.
WTF?

Also got new shoes. They're ace.

bazzap8389
13-02-16, 02:34 PM
What an absolute douche lol can have half a workout done in that time lol

sounds like a child, sitting on the floor sulking lol

what at trainers you get?

Benn
14-02-16, 04:14 PM
I just dont really get what he was doing... Well just watching other people i guess.

I got a pair of Nike light weight running shoes. Really nice, mega light and form fitting.. Like they are mould fitted to my feet. So nice to walk/jog in. And a mega bargain as they where the 2015 model, so Sports direct was selling them at £31, down from £67.

Stuart
14-02-16, 08:47 PM
I've somehow magically pulled something in my lower back (kidney area), being no gym bunnie what can I do to gently exercise it to help fix it and then to strengthen it for future protection

bazzap8389
14-02-16, 08:52 PM
Unsure how to fix it prob just rest tbh. Deadlift is the king of back workouts though that will strengthen your lower back along with lots of other muscles too.

Stuart
14-02-16, 08:53 PM
Well yeah, rest seems the start lol

wwmnw
14-02-16, 11:21 PM
I've somehow magically pulled something in my lower back (kidney area), being no gym bunnie what can I do to gently exercise it to help fix it and then to strengthen it for future protection

Try foam rolling (buy a proper foam roller but not the one with massive knobbles on it) and as said, deadlifts. If you've never done them before get some advice as if you do it wrong you could do your back in for good.

paul james
15-02-16, 08:52 PM
I get back ache a fair bit, doing sit ups and other stomach (or core as they like to call it) exercises seems to help me with it.

wwmnw
16-02-16, 05:29 PM
I'd see a physio about that find out whats causing the problem then fix it.

wwmnw
20-02-16, 09:23 PM
Slight improvement on my squat today, 122.5kg for 5 reps! Also had farmers walks again but only four walks of around 15 meters, strangely I wanted to do more but it was getting busy and my time was up, bench was 90kg for 3 and I also did bent over barbell rows, not sure I'm keen on these the position is a bit strange.

Benn
23-02-16, 10:20 PM
Been twice in 2 weeks due to the mrs hurting her knee. Found i've been missing the gym. Very odd really, but had a great workout today.
50kg bicep curls (on a machine) 10x3, 41kg 10x3, 37kg 20x2. was my last wort and i was knackered and aching. Arms now feel like lead. But happy with what i did.
Was sweating like a waterfall tho.

bazzap8389
24-02-16, 12:43 AM
Good going Benn, I've not been in ages with working nights. So joined a new gym today which is open 24hours so can go when I want now.

Benn
24-02-16, 08:09 AM
I'd love a 24 hour gym, would be great.

Iain
24-02-16, 11:30 AM
I went for a walk the other day. Very pleasant and I feel fitter now.

Benn
24-02-16, 01:56 PM
You THE man.

Southie
24-02-16, 09:04 PM
I went for a walk the other day. Very pleasant and I feel fitter now.
Pics or gtfo.

Benn
25-02-16, 12:55 PM
If he sends a pic it will be a lie.

wwmnw
25-02-16, 02:42 PM
Starting strongman training on saturday with the intention of competing in a novice competition by the end of the year, nothing is set in stone yet due to work as I can finish as late as midnight after starting at 7am, but its something to aim for.

Benn
26-02-16, 05:38 PM
Really? Wow that's very cool!

L14MNP
26-02-16, 07:39 PM
http://housewifeconfidential.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/fence-before-and-after.jpg

Not long til the body builder self-tan, now.

Southie
26-02-16, 09:18 PM
That picture is odd, why have the after before the before!

Sound interesting wmmwmnnn, what's involved in what your wanting to do, is it a certain weight class then?

wwmnw
26-02-16, 10:20 PM
Limp thats body builders not strong men lol

Bennnn and Southie it will be interesting but it will be hard work, nutrition and serious training go hand in hand and I never get my nutrition right, part of the reason I'm planning on this! I wont enter if my coach says I'm not in good enough shape, its just something I aim to do and it wont be til the end of the year.

I currently weigh in at 16st 0lb last time I weight myself (about 3 days ago) and if I was to enter a competition at this weight with less than a years training it would be hard as there are weight categories and I'd be put into a bracket which could mean tough competition.

First strongman training session is tomorrow.

I've had 3 beers a glass of gin and ginger and now having a pizza, yeahhhh it'll go well!

Benn
27-02-16, 08:48 AM
Gonna have to bin the beer off. Pizza would be ok if you have a "cheat day"

Your down to 16st? That's good, last time i saw you, yo where heaver than that.

Diet and nutrition is my biggest weak point.

wwmnw
27-02-16, 01:57 PM
At my most I was knocking on 17 stone I was done to 15.6 a while ago but that was a serious battle! I've had my first session of strongman today, I'll upload a couple of pics, cant feel my legs after doing tyre flips, tyre weighs 300kg and that's the light one :eek:

Photobucket is being a little bitch, will try again later.

Southie
27-02-16, 07:29 PM
A beer is fine as long as it a yeast beer, in fact it help with protein and good for a pre workout ;)

mowgli
28-02-16, 09:23 AM
I'm guessing bathfart is quite strong, as he keeps holding up traffic......

Andy
28-02-16, 03:10 PM
Im off to do some bicep curls in the pub.

Alex J
28-02-16, 08:30 PM
Gyms lol that is all

Andy
28-02-16, 08:33 PM
Loads done this aft.especially as the game went to extra time and pens feel light headed now....

wwmnw
28-02-16, 10:00 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/lostboy_014/tyre_zpsyl9us9n7.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/lostboy_014/media/tyre_zpsyl9us9n7.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/lostboy_014/12787405_10208226543478285_119472662_o_zps2e5qd8vf .jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/lostboy_014/media/12787405_10208226543478285_119472662_o_zps2e5qd8vf .jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/lostboy_014/12768062_10208226547598388_802161146_o_zps20u06ixm .jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/lostboy_014/media/12768062_10208226547598388_802161146_o_zps20u06ixm .jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/lostboy_014/12787323_10208226542998273_1162225370_o_zpsm3jrvfl l.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/lostboy_014/media/12787323_10208226542998273_1162225370_o_zpsm3jrvfl l.jpg.html)

First pic getting the tyre up, second its getting flipped over 3rd pic is log lift, not exactly heavy but you're actually quite unbalanced doing this so getting used to the technique last pic the A frame thing is called a prowler, 40kg on it and the thing weighs about 25kg proper burns your biceps and forearms that!

Andy
28-02-16, 10:04 PM
That girl be like all u can lift bro?

wwmnw
28-02-16, 10:15 PM
Shes got UK and european strongwoman titles lol she flipped that tyre too, it weighs 300kg has some serious muscle on her!

Benn
29-02-16, 09:45 AM
At my most I was knocking on 17 stone I was done to 15.6 a while ago but that was a serious battle! I've had my first session of strongman today, I'll upload a couple of pics, cant feel my legs after doing tyre flips, tyre weighs 300kg and that's the light one :eek:

Maybe your not the person i thought i met then..lol
Sounds like a bloody good time. I'd love to try it.

wwmnw
29-02-16, 06:12 PM
We have met a couple times Bennnnn, it was magical to talk to you and drool over your nova while you clicked away randomly with that camera, I'm not surprised you forgot we met but my dreams are now shattered I thought we were bros4lyf :cry:

Southie
29-02-16, 07:01 PM
Good work wwmmmmmmnnnmmn it looks knackering lol

wwmnw
29-02-16, 08:40 PM
Good work wwmmmmmmnnnmmn it looks knackering lol

Couldn't feel my legs after the tyre flipping, you're down in a squat position then lift it up, it rests on one of your legs for a second then you push it over. Basically to be strong, build your legs up lol

Benn
01-03-16, 01:18 PM
We have met a couple times Bennnnn, it was magical to talk to you and drool over your nova while you clicked away randomly with that camera, I'm not surprised you forgot we met but my dreams are now shattered I thought we were bros4lyf :cry:

Have we? Next time let me know! Why does no one introduce them selfs any more? I sure this time i will, with you being a huge muscle man.

wwmnw
01-03-16, 02:47 PM
I did both times lol

wwmnw
01-03-16, 02:49 PM
Was a while ago to be fair PVS and VBOA thingy

Benn
01-03-16, 05:28 PM
Oh, i'm really sorry.

And finally get a night where i can go to the gym and i'm feeling sick as any thing with a really bad stomach ache. GREAT.

Edd
01-03-16, 07:38 PM
I'm up to 10k with a 4% incline now on running machine

Training going well for my coast to coast MTB Rat race the crossing

wwmnw
01-03-16, 09:00 PM
Oh, i'm really sorry.

And finally get a night where i can go to the gym and i'm feeling sick as any thing with a really bad stomach ache. GREAT.

Should have risked it!

Training going well for my coast to coast MTB Rat race the crossing

Machine, what exactly is the rat race though?

Stuart
01-03-16, 09:59 PM
Rat race is another one of those conning people into making money for charity bosses thi where you cycle across the country off road

bazzap8389
01-03-16, 09:59 PM
I'm loving the new gym I've joined,because it's 24 hour I can get a sesh in when I'd be doing nothing etc weekends at 2am is brilliant lol only **** in the gym lol

wwmnw
01-03-16, 10:13 PM
Rat race is another one of those conning people into making money for charity bosses thi where you cycle across the country off road

Sounds painful!

I'm loving the new gym I've joined,because it's 24 hour I can get a sesh in when I'd be doing nothing etc weekends at 2am is brilliant lol only **** in the gym lol

Always my gripe at the local gym small rooms and they put all the equipment everyone wants to use in!

Tracked my cals for a laugh today, long day delivering off the m62/m1 areas so took dinner with me but had to get something at Hartshead services as I was tired and hungry, 3,700 calories today :eek: only about 1300 too many :cry:

Edd
01-03-16, 10:16 PM

Nope you're wrong

Stuart
01-03-16, 10:20 PM
Hmm could have sworn there was an mtb rat race

ahhhhh, lots of different rat race titled events, including those cunts at scamster research

bazzap8389
01-03-16, 10:23 PM
Sounds painful!

Always my gripe at the local gym small rooms and they put all the equipment everyone wants to use in!

Tracked my cals for a laugh today, long day delivering off the m62/m1 areas so took dinner with me but had to get something at Hartshead services as I was tired and hungry, 3,700 calories today :eek: only about 1300 too many :cry:

Really happy with this one, heaps of equipment and huge free weight area.

ouch haha easy to eat lots of calories when feeling like that. I've been on 1500 kcal the past 2 weeks. Been constantly thinking about chocolate, pizza and irn bru lol I'll keep at it another few weeks before eating junk food at all. Dropped almost 4kg in that time.

Iain
02-03-16, 07:54 AM
http://slice.seriouseats.com/images/20110419-corner-slice-8th-and-31st-1.jpg

Benn
02-03-16, 12:20 PM

Lucky, i'd love that!

10k? Shit!
I do a programe that goes up and down incline, mine of 2% max of 6% and then set the speed where i want and that kills. I do 3-4miles normally.
You must be in great shape now.

Edd
02-03-16, 01:57 PM
Not in that good shape
Nothing like I was when in mid 20's

I do 10k at 10kph, so not mega fast

Do feel fitter
Especially after giving up smoking

wwmnw
02-03-16, 05:05 PM
Really happy with this one, heaps of equipment and huge free weight area.

ouch haha easy to eat lots of calories when feeling like that. I've been on 1500 kcal the past 2 weeks. Been constantly thinking about chocolate, pizza and irn bru lol I'll keep at it another few weeks before eating junk food at all. Dropped almost 4kg in that time.

1500? That's low man, whats made you do this? What job are you in? I struggle to survive on 2430 lol

bazzap8389
02-03-16, 06:56 PM
Trying to lose all the fat I've put on in the last year with all the slacking I've done lol a long way from where I was last year..

Benn
04-03-16, 01:13 PM
Not in that good shape
Nothing like I was when in mid 20's

I do 10k at 10kph, so not mega fast

Do feel fitter
Especially after giving up smoking

KPH? What are we in France? lol
Giving up the fags will help no end.

1500? That's low man, whats made you do this? What job are you in? I struggle to survive on 2430 lol

I'm on 2 meal replacement shakes then a healthy as poss dinner, if i do it right. I'm on 1000-1300cal a day.

wwmnw
05-03-16, 01:15 PM
I'm on 2 meal replacement shakes then a healthy as poss dinner, if i do it right. I'm on 1000-1300cal a day.

Please tell me its not juice plus or herbalife or one of them equally crap scams?!

Andy
05-03-16, 02:21 PM
That low calories is of no benefit at all.you need cals to function train and recover.

Benn
05-03-16, 03:16 PM
Please tell me its not juice plus or herbalife or one of them equally crap scams?!

ha No. Just a low cal but full of good stuff shake (protein vit and stuff). Has helped me lose over a stone.
I'm bad with food see, but can have a shake and it fills me so i dont pick and that.

wwmnw
05-03-16, 07:14 PM
That low calories is of no benefit at all.you need cals to function train and recover.
This tbh

Benn
02-05-16, 02:17 PM
Everyone stopped?

Went yesterday morning, really struggled with cardio tho. 30mins seemed to kill, 30mins bike just broke me. Had no interest in it at all. But 100kg leg extensions and calf extensions. Legs are hurting now.
Upped everything in reps and weight now too. Loving skull crushers too. 25kg x20. 37kg x 20, 41kg x 10. Couldn't lift my arms after..lol
Bi-cep curls upped too, 50kg x20 to finish.

The spend the rest of the day laying in the nova footwell... Struggled.

To day much the same... Really hard to get my arms up in the arms under the dash.

Dan
02-05-16, 02:49 PM
I personally haven't trained properly now for 2 years :eek:. I have trained a few people in that time and dabbled but nowt serious.

I am due to kick off again in a couple of weeks and have a plan and program lined up. I did dabble last week just as a tester to see my losses and work out my weight requirements..........

currently weighing in at 108kg (about a stone to lose= 6kg)

I use a lot of GVT mixed in with HIIT for a decent mix as I did originally. and I try to do everything with free weights

Bench was 15 straight reps @ 140kg
Squat was 15 straight reps @ 145kg
Deadlift was 15 straight reps @ 140kg
Static overhead barbell press was 15 straight reps @ 70kg

All of these were done with a 4010 tempo (time under tension) not your standard 1010

As said that was just to see where I am with things with the major compound exercises which is where I will be concentrating when I start to get the body performing correctly and shift the excess pounds. Obviously with GVT (10x10) those weights will decrease a lot due to volume of work, 100kg on bench and squat for 10x10 will be ok for the first 6 weeks.

james101090
02-05-16, 04:03 PM
Dan how do you find the GVT? One of my mates is week 4 into a block of it and really likes the intensity of it. Currently on a big cut as am sitting around 74.5kg at 6ft2. Can't wait to up the intake ratios.

Dan
02-05-16, 05:10 PM
GVT is a very good system, although like many others out there, form and tempo make it all the more rewarding when you complete the full 10 sets and are ready to step it up again.

I personally used it for a 6month before-midway and after photo sequence when I first started training to show my personal results which with a good dose of OCD had great results, and have kept it as part of my routine ever since when I have trained.

Unfortunately now I have done it once before I fully understand what I have to do a second time around, which makes it all the more harder to properly nail myself down, that and the fact work is more intense and I'm not getting any younger lol.

I'm guessing at 74.5kg and 6'2" you are nearing the end of your cut and getting ready to apply some lean muscle. I'm only 5'8" and when I was more into the fitness side I averaged 10% bodyfat @ 92kg. Obviously I am built a bit more for power than I was then so if I can get back down to circa 100kg I will be happy.

james101090
03-05-16, 06:06 PM
Sounds good. Am I right in believing you stick to main compound lifts with accessories thrown in or can it vary as normal per month/6 weeks?

You are very correct I am right at the end of my cut and am pleased with the results. looking forward to adding size through calories as I feel I am doing very well with the diet. Would love to be around 85kg and that is the goal. Need to address some flexibility issues too.

wwmnw
03-05-16, 06:47 PM
I'm still training but had to cancel my local gym membership as at £27 a month and only finding time about 5 times a month due to work, it wasn't worth it (typically I have oodles of time this week ffs) but I still train at the strength and conditioning gym (Spartan) 1 strength session a week and 1 strongman session a week when I got another job with actual finish times I'll be there 3-4 times a week. Seeing some differences in muscle definition and I've lost 5kg of fat but still have too much bodyfat on me, weighing in at 100kg but I'm too short for my weight lol

Had physio last week on my lower back so had my program changed slightly to upper body/upper back workout which is annoying as I should be squatting 150+kg now but I'll probably be going in back in lower to be eased back in, same with deadlifts which is annoying as I love deadlifts (although not after squats)

Benn
03-05-16, 07:00 PM
@Dan whats GVT?

Dan
03-05-16, 07:32 PM
Benn, the proper wording is German Volume Training. I am a great believer in it, its normally down to the person to be man enough for it.

James, the versions I have devised are basically that yes, make sure you supplement with BCAA's, I would be hopeful that you are going to reply that you do already given the benefits they can offer!!!

One of my better routines when I was training properly was a 10x10 squat and deadlift superset, only used 90kg for that one when I was at my peak but it was enough after 100 reps of each :tard: that defo sorted the men from the boys when people thought they would join in as it looked easy enough (I wont be doing that for a while yet lol)

Benn
03-05-16, 07:39 PM
Oh so high rep at lower weight?

Dan
03-05-16, 07:51 PM
Basically yeh that's were to start out at. I always aim to start failing a rep or 3 from set 7 or 8 onwards. Fantastic for strength and stamina, when I started to back off training I was doing 100 reps of the same weights guys would do 20 or 30 of before failing, thus my one rep max weights always put me inline with some of the bigger guys.

If I felt like a switch on routine and did something more standard the big guys would say "don't worry mate i'll move my weights out of the way for you" to which occasionally I would reply "sound, cos I'm going to use the next size up anyway" lollollollollol

Benn
03-05-16, 07:57 PM
Christ 100 reps.

I do reps sets of 20-30. Now i see why your so Beef cake.

Dan
03-05-16, 08:03 PM
when I say 100 reps I mean as in 10x10 with strict 1min rests. generally it works well if you have a training buddy as a set of 10 with a 4010 tempo would create the perfect rest period so you are both constantly switching over

Benn
03-05-16, 08:15 PM
Ah i see, i do 20 reps a time, 1min rest inbetween.
I have no clue what a 4010 tempo is tho.

james101090
03-05-16, 08:15 PM
Dan yes I am supplementing with BCAA's of course. Have a mix formula of branch chain aminos at the moment but am binning it to go back to separate BCAA's and glutamine again. The superset with squats and deadlifts sound absolutely disgusting!! Interestingly what body part did you find would go first/and which benefited the most with the pounding? I am a huge fan of 4010 and really try to stick with it and good form constantly.

Benn how are you finding the 20 rep sets?

Benn
03-05-16, 08:23 PM
By 17, it starting to hurt. 19 and 20 really do kill me. That's have the highter weights.

To night, Tricep pull down, 45kg 17 was killing. 20th was a barely get there..lol Same with Bi cep. 35-41 (i think its 41) kg 15 was hard, by 18 my arms where dieing.

Plug
03-05-16, 08:43 PM
your all talking forgien in here

Dan
03-05-16, 09:01 PM
Benn....

When we talk tempo and write 4010, when squatting that would basically equate to 4 seconds down then 1 second up and repeat. Imagine your typical gym bunny bouncing the weights around... up down up down up down. that would basically be 2 second reps and a set of ten taking 20 seconds, by slowing the tempo down on the negative and controlling the weight you keep the muscle under tension for longer and make the reps 5 seconds long thus each set would take 2 1/2 times longer @ 50 seconds long and you start to add a 'time under tension' art to your routine. Which is why GVT with a training buddy is great as you can push each other, and deep down you know that if you fail or loose form and take to long your mate gets a longer rest which isn't fair lol

Its just like the old tyres adverts....... power is nothing without control.

Another example for slow negatives is pull ups, wide or narrow grip we use the above tempo for sets of ten BUT if you fail and cant pull yourself up, you jump up to the top position, hold, and then lower yourself over the 4 second period so you can still make gains on the negative to increase your total volume.

Benn
04-05-16, 12:50 PM
Ah i see. I think i kinda do that, but try and time it to be breathing. (i dont do squats tho)

Sounds like a very good thing.

When you taking me to the gym? lol

Benn
07-05-16, 11:06 AM
Well @Dan i tried Your way. High reps, little lower weight.

My upper body is killing!

2 hours in the gym.

Triceps, 37kg pull down 20 reps x5
Skull crushers 32kg 10 reps x5
Biceps, rope 32kg 20 reps x5
Bend bar 37kg 20 reps x30

Lat pull downs wide grip 60kg 20 rep x5
Close grip 80kg 20 rep x 3

Shoulder shrugs 15kg 20reps x5
Everything hurts. My muscles are much sorer, feels like i've done a really heavy work out.
I blame you for not wanting to lift my arms.

Dan
07-05-16, 01:13 PM
awesome, just proves that the actual weight is not the major factor when training. with a correct tempo and set routine on each of those exercises you would actually have to lower the weight further but still get the gains and have the same effect, obviously with the higher workload you are doing a lot more work thus burning more calories and still achieving gains.

just never neglect the negative as I have mentioned above when talking about tempo, heres an extract from some advice I read along time ago.........

Even the strongest guys in the gym often neglect one of the biggest secrets known to bodybuilding (http://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bodybuilding): gaining benefits from the negative aspect of a movement and contracting at the peak of the movement. As three-time Mr. O (1977-1979) Frank Zane instructs, "Always be sure the negative motion is slower than the positive. By putting more focus on a slower negative, amazing gains can be realized." Also to bring on growth and put height on your muscularity, contract hard at the peak of the movement. This delivers dimension to your muscles and sends a message into the muscle that spurs further growth. So squeeze hard at the top, and release nice and slow

Its a fickle subject when it comes to training and whats best, some things sound ridiculous and yet blow your mind when you try them as it makes no sense yet works. I have a routine that would involve a maximum weight of 10kg, but with 3 sets of ten you'd be a dribbling mess trying to work out why its so hard lol.

Stuart
07-05-16, 04:34 PM
So a low weight, high rep thing would be a sort of semi cardio thang, and might look less bad for an out of shape n00bie?

wwmnw
07-05-16, 06:34 PM
Its a fickle subject when it comes to training and whats best, some things sound ridiculous and yet blow your mind when you try them as it makes no sense yet works. I have a routine that would involve a maximum weight of 10kg, but with 3 sets of ten you'd be a dribbling mess trying to work out why its so hard lol.

Fuck yeah, I was doing bicep curls (the coach had a name for the style but I forget it) it was only using 8kg dumbbells, sitting down, slowly raise the arms palms facing up, get to the top turn the hands round and palms face down on the return, do it slowly though, doing 3 sets of 15 I actually failed on the last few reps of the last set (I was superset with skull crushers mind) but its a misconception that you NEED heavy weights to build muscle lol even yesterdays training which was upper body stuff, heaviest I went was on the bench 87.5kg then incline dumbbell press with 15kg, chest is still sore today!

High volume is where its at!

Benn
08-05-16, 08:16 PM
I'll be honest. Sat i could only just use my arms...lol

james101090
09-05-16, 02:57 PM
Awesome stuff - time under tension is a huge key. How often is everyone going at the moment and what splits/groups are being worked?

turbojolt
10-05-16, 10:55 AM
Took one of the dogs out for a run....nearly threw up all over the footpath

I don't think my body likes exercise it prefers beer and pizza by the looks of it

Iain
10-05-16, 11:27 AM
We need a cider and pizza thread to discuss our daily routine like these guys do.

Benn
10-05-16, 02:59 PM
Awesome stuff - time under tension is a huge key. How often is everyone going at the moment and what splits/groups are being worked?

I try and go 3-4 times a week. But with my mrs and doing my car it doesn't always happen. In the week is normally an hour or hour and a half.
Weekend i'm free i make up and do 2 hours min.

We need a cider and pizza thread to discuss our daily routine like these guys do.

Love a Pizza. Odd that if i buy one from Sainburys or such it has to be deep pan. But if i get a take away (Domino's) it has to be thin.

james101090
10-05-16, 06:45 PM
If you can add Guinness or Lager to the poll with Cider that sounds a great thread!

Benn are you doing splits, upper lower or others?

Benn
10-05-16, 06:55 PM
Splits? Sorry still learning.

bazzap8389
10-05-16, 07:39 PM
Been off the gym again for weeks. Summer seems to be coming so started a cut just a few days ago. Goal is to get back to 10-13 % fat. Hit my back just now, 130kg deadlifts pretty happy as I've not done them in months.

Benn
14-05-16, 01:19 PM
Broken.

Legs broken.
Leg presses 5x20 reps 88kg, 2x20ish 97kg. I say ish as my legs were on fire.. I had to sit after as my legs felt like jelly.
I rest in the middle of each 20 with 20 calf presses (if thats the right term?) same weights as above.

Arms broken too.

But! Lovely big pump on muscles.

Damn you Dan.

Iain
14-05-16, 01:20 PM
Costco pizza for me this week

Benn
14-05-16, 01:22 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iain again.

Just this.

Dan
14-05-16, 08:41 PM
lol cheers benn

so, I had my first week back in the gym after many many moons away from it and a taster week last week to get things free'd up. Obviously I am not going to go in super heavy as I'm not that stupid so chose weights that I could complete all sets and reps. all routines use free weights unless options are low, no machines required apart from warm ups and cool downs

Chest

10x10 benchpress @ 85kg tempo 4010 superset with 10x10 fly's with 20kg dumbbells tempo 3010 1.30 min rest
10x10 wide stance press ups supersets with 10x10 deep bench dips both tempo 2020 1 min rest

Legs

6-12-25 (6 squats @ 90kg 4010 then 12 deep lunges with forward leg raised and holding 20kg dumbbells 2020 then 25 raised heel squats holding same dumbells 1010 *raised heels as in place 20kg weight plate on floor and stand with heels on plate* Then rest for 2 minutes and repeat 5 times) This is alternated with 10x10 routines weekly, all squats full range ass to ankles

Back

10x10 deadlift @ 90kg 4010 superset with bent over rows 10x10 @ 70kg 3010 1.30 min rest
6x6 wide grip pull ups.

Obviously I always start with a minimum 1k row and finish with the same, the weights are lower due to the tempo and volume. The 6-12-25 is a monster so don't be deceived by that, if done correctly to form and timing IF you made 5 sets you would be going home, I like it cos its what I did and do lol. I also did a circuit day that covered core and an arms/shoulder day which is boring.

I have a whole folder full of nonsense but the above will do for the first couple of weeks to get everything working then I will switch it up

Benn
15-05-16, 09:49 AM
I only get 2 out of 3 words there..lol

bazzap8389
15-05-16, 10:59 AM
Nice workout there Dan! 4010 super sets must be a killer especially 10 sets!

Dan
15-05-16, 11:37 AM
its a lot harder than I remember it lol , although to be fair I only trained before for 3 years and haven't trained properly for almost 2 years so I am still pleased with what I am starting with this time around. The workout is ok, not very rounded as such but as I said its just something I have thrown together to try and bed myself back into it.

If I can get back to 12% bodyfat over the next few months I will be happy, but we'll see how it goes as its defo harder now at 40 and a different lifestyle than it was 5 years ago

Dan
16-05-16, 11:08 PM
OK week 2 ... Sadly I had some banter in the gym at work and some photo's taken whilst messing around, BUT they are a good datum to where I am following my original photo sets from my fat to six pack ones when I started all this crap back in 2012. There are a few guys that have known me for some years so would probably understand where I am now compared to years gone by.

I say sadly as they show me how much weight (and bulk) I have to loose. I knew I wanted to loose circa 10kg to get below the 100kg mark but after 2 years of hardly training I'm hoping it wont take much, bulk burns fat faster and I think due to my training prior I have a better start this time around. my original aim was for an athletic build not bulk and size so burning the fat and loosing a bit of muscle might just drop me in the right ballpark........either that or I need to get from 5'8" upto over 6ft and my weight wouldn't be an issue lol lol

The current state of me ..........

you taking a pic?????????

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/Dan_R_album/2016d.jpg

really???????????? gimme a look at that lollollollol

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/Dan_R_album/2016b.jpg

Needless to say there wasn't any more taken :d

Andy
17-05-16, 08:36 AM
You look like an advert for a donal mcintyre channel five docu on british gangsters lol
still looking stacked dan!!

Stuart
17-05-16, 10:12 AM
Some sort of hipster Gym with an old stagecoach in there? lol

Benn
17-05-16, 01:14 PM
Your still clear muscled up under a layer of timber. So your not all that bad.
Way better than what i need to lose.

your still my fav Beefcake too.

turbojolt
17-05-16, 04:53 PM
My running career Has been well and truly halted. The first time I felt sick ad a dog (to be expected as I'm fat) but the second time my right foot started to swell up, now I've done my right foot in twice fell down some stairs and landed on it sideways years ago and a couple years back it popped again resulting in over 6 months off work...so this is a end to running for me

I've swapped running with shadow boxing and my god does it get the heart and lungs going and no more foot problems (so far)

Dan
17-05-16, 09:20 PM
lol at hipster gym, its a gym we have setup at work in one of the spare units, about 50 paces from my office.

we have the main stuff like a Watt bike and a concept 2 rower for any cardio fixes (although I am desperately looking out for a treadmill as I cant run outside due to smokers lungs) its set up as more of an oldschool style gym with mostly free weights and a couple machines for lazy days. we have enough weight plates to squat up to 180kg etc which is ample for training, would need a bit more for 1 rep maxes but that's not what we are about.

the worst part is people comment from time to time, but nothing is ever thought about that as what you see in the mirror is 'the norm'. Its only when a photo is taken that you realise when things are better or worse, which is why it is always recommended to keep a photo log from day one and then every couple of months to see your goals being achieved. I will use these as a reference and take some of my own in a couple of months.

I'm more of a 'strong' shape (read middle age spread) rather than muscles and definition if that makes sense, I just need to find that fine line again

Benn
25-05-16, 07:31 PM
Arm dead. 20reps x 32kg for 4. *Arnie voice* Crazy pump in my bicep.

Southie
25-05-16, 08:57 PM
Dan is a short Jason Statham lol

Ive gone back to the gym after 8 months out, wow I'm weak lol

Benn
26-05-16, 12:24 PM
Moving the mouse doesn't build alot of muscle then..lol

Southie
26-05-16, 05:06 PM
Moving the mouse doesn't build alot of muscle then..lol
A strong wrist always comes in handy lol

Stuart
26-05-16, 08:30 PM
What are, erm, helpful supplements to take to help burn lard a shade quicker.... Or are they a massive lie/con and it is all hard graft (not afraid of that now, but every little helps lol )

Southie
26-05-16, 08:41 PM
A decent diet will help you Stuart, you'll get bored of going to Holland and Barrett I'm sure.

Stuart
26-05-16, 08:49 PM
I'm bored of realising I usually consume 4x the calories I should per day lol

james101090
26-05-16, 09:50 PM
As said diet will be the main help and reducing carbs whilst keeping protein at the tight ratio lb/kg body weight. Supplements may help more towards a placebo affect but if taking them to your research on what they do/when to take them/what to cycle with in terms of other supps.

As a loose guide thermapure is nicely regarded. I'm sure we can help with nailing diet or cutting it to say 2500-2750 body weight depending.

Dan loving the look of the old school bare plate loaded gym. How are you finding being back into the training?

Dan
26-05-16, 10:37 PM
Stuart, green tea is also very good if it is prepared right and also has the added bonus of the usual antioxidant properties. A lot of these diet pills and weight loss fads are basically green tea with some nonsense addons to make them sound posh. personally I make a flask up in the morning and leave the tea bags in all day. (trust me its THE nicest way to drink it and have some decent smooth flavour to boot). Any training or weight objectives is 80% diet, its just a shame only 10% of people get that.

With regards being back in training, after such a long time away from it its pretty much straight back into it which seems abit freaky. My conditioning must still be in check as like before, regardless of training regime or effort, I still get no doms afterwards. Weight wise I am still capable of about 90% of my previous max weights and training weights which again is odd but at least it means 3-4 weeks in I should be back to where I was. Only downside is obviously my general fitness, still better than expected against non smokers but I can personally feel the difference, which will take some time to get back under control. I put my equality of fitness down to having the power to make up for any deficit.

wwmnw
27-05-16, 02:13 PM
As said, these 'fat busting tablets' are a con avoid things like juice plus, herbalife, bootea and anything that claims it'll help you lose weight fast, the ONLY effective way to lose weight is to REDUCE CALORIES use my fitness pal (download from app store) set it up (be honest with it) on the first couple of days eat normally but track everything to see what you average over a few days, then reduce the calorie intake, the nutritionist I use has told me to reduce mine by 200 as I'm holding at 100kg so I'm going from 2600 to 2400.

Also, try eating more fruit veg and fresh meats, go to a butchers and ask if they do meat packs (I get one nearly every week for between £20-29 as it changes each week) if you eat a lot of food bought from the shops even if its a 'healthy' chicken salad it'll have unnecessary added sh!t like preservs, salt, sugar and sauces etc which all mean more calories, I cook my weeks worth of meat on a sunday in preparation for the week ahead and cook any veg on the morning I need it.

Andy
27-05-16, 02:17 PM
I used to take grenades.As close to phet as you can legally get when you take two at once lol
also done ephedrines aswell but nowt works as good as a proper diet.
40 pcent protein 40carb 20 fat is perfect for muscle maintenance and bonning fat.Drink watter only and it will fall off

wwmnw
27-05-16, 02:21 PM
As a loose guide thermapure is nicely regarded.

Thermopure
Thermopure rating: 2/10
£13.99 for 90 capsules (one to two months' supply), from myprotein
MAIN INGREDIENTS: Green tea extract, caffeine, raspberry ketones, cayenne and chromium.
CLAIMS: 'When combined with an effective diet and exercise routine, Thermopure's ingredients have been proven to help burn and mobilise fat stores in the body.'
WHAT IT'S LIKE: Sweetsmelling, powder-filled capsules
VERDICT: The raspberry ketones and cayenne have a purported thermogenic effect, meaning it stimulates the body's burning of fat. But there's no evidence this will help with weight loss. A waste of money.
RATING: 2/10 MANUFACTURER SAYS: There is significant anecdotal evidence from many professional athletes and customers that makes Thermopure one of our best sellers.

The bit I've highlighted 'Claims' when combined with an effective diet and exercise routine. That's all you really need, you don't need these pills, you don't even need to exercise to lose fat (it does help somewhat though) don't fall for these scams, the only supplements I bother with are protein and creatine but they are just supplements, not meal replacements as a desk jockey at work tried to tell me protein is lol

Andy
27-05-16, 02:23 PM
You can use shakes as meal replacements.You can buy meal replqcement type by usn.Contains what i said 40 40 20

wwmnw
27-05-16, 02:27 PM
Yeah but protein shakes are not meals, the only reason to take protein is if you have a high protein intake cant hit the target by food intake alone hence the term supplement, meal replacement shakes are another thing never tried them again I would rather just eat food.

Andy
27-05-16, 02:47 PM
They can be meals if youre eating 5 times a day

Andy
27-05-16, 02:48 PM
Like add peanut butter to em etc

wwmnw
27-05-16, 05:27 PM
Fair point!

Andy
27-05-16, 05:38 PM
Obv not having five a day as thats just silly lol

Stuart
28-05-16, 08:10 AM
I didn't mean the gimpy diet pills or tea lark lol
i mean like the Thermopypure Mandy mentioned or cla etc.... Or only if beef caking?

Southie
28-05-16, 10:08 AM
Stuart, what's your usual daily intake of food on a regular basis?
Breakfast?
Lunch?
Tea/Dinner?
Bedtime treat?

Whatever these are you need to regulate them and keep strict to yourself, if your wanting to bulk up and lose fat then your diet is a must.

Stuart
28-05-16, 11:40 AM
Probably 10x what it should be. I've been good for a week with myfitnessnazi and done ok, just I'm impatient lol

Benn
28-05-16, 02:56 PM
You can use shakes as meal replacements.You can buy meal replqcement type by usn.Contains what i said 40 40 20

Which is what i'm doing. Replacing two meals with 200cal shakes, then as healthy as poss meal.

Yeah but protein shakes are not meals, the only reason to take protein is if you have a high protein intake cant hit the target by food intake alone hence the term supplement, meal replacement shakes are another thing never tried them again I would rather just eat food.

If you controlled with food i praise you. I can't, hence the shakes.

bazzap8389
28-05-16, 04:34 PM
After a long time of slacking the last 3.5 weeks I'm been hitting the gym 6 days a week and sorted my eating out properly. Strength and size have dropped considerably over the last year or so though. I've lost 4.5% body fat the last 3 weeks though was feeling pretty ashamed of myself at 22% fat considering I was 12.8% or so a year ago.

Hopefully keep sticking to it like before and see some good gains again.

wwmnw
28-05-16, 05:26 PM
I didn't mean the gimpy diet pills or tea lark lol
i mean like the Thermopypure Mandy mentioned or cla etc.... Or only if beef caking?

CLA is rubbish, I used it for a while and the only thing it did for me was made my stomach hurt a bit and I'd need a pooh soon after, which after a couple of days went very dark and dense. Again, in my own opinion, I'd just steer clear of fat burning tablets as they're not a permanent problem solver just a quick fix but when people lose weight by cutting calories by massive amounts (like the 5/2 diet) or by using tablets you tend to find a lot of these people put the weight back on, you have to sort the mindset out and build a routine of making healthy meals.

Which is what i'm doing. Replacing two meals with 200cal shakes, then as healthy as poss meal.

If you controlled with food i praise you. I can't, hence the shakes.

I'm not that disciplined lol currently ran out of protein powder too, it goes great with porridge, pour your porridge and protein powder in a bowl (chocolate mint from myprotein tastes awesome with porridge) then boil a kettle and mix the boiling water in, obvs leave it to cool for a minute!

james101090
28-05-16, 09:49 PM
Stuart asked for advice regarding the pills so was just stating hence the 'placebo' effect comment. Without talking about illegal products like stacking winstrol etc it is all about focusing on diet but more importantly finding what works for you - taking advice is a great help but everyone's body works differently to certain foods, supps etc. Body types also can save a lot of hassle if you understand your own.

wwmnw
28-05-16, 11:56 PM
Clenbuterol is something I keep hearing about that does apparently work, I'd rather stay fat then start chucking pills I know nothing about or whats in them, down my neck.

Andy
29-05-16, 12:44 AM
Clen is just like ephedrine iirc

james101090
29-05-16, 12:24 PM
Fully agree - anyone training over the bank holiday?

Andy
16-06-16, 07:44 PM
Back at it me.midway thru week one of bootcamp style training outside at various locations round here 6am four times a week for an hour.loving it.signed up for a 10k charity run in october aswell.done 4.5 miles tonight on me own and 1.5 with my son as hes doing the shorter course of 1.5miles

wwmnw
16-06-16, 11:16 PM
Get up la, I fucking hate running and my cardio is so poor I don't bother, plus I have tendinitis/plantar faciitis or some bollocks, basically pain in my lower legs and sole of foot...

Caused by running lol lol

Benn
17-06-16, 04:26 PM
Had no time for 3 wheels almost. Not happy at all.

Southie
17-06-16, 05:10 PM
Had no time for 3 wheels almost. Not happy at all.
Wow you've bought a Relient Robin instead of going to the gym lol

Benn
18-06-16, 06:38 PM
hahaha weeks even.

Stuart
22-06-16, 10:29 AM
If one were to look at some small weights for at home... What would be "best"?
e.g. weighted werd shite like renegade rows etc.

I see decathlon have a 20Kg dumbell set for £30, but would the plates being round be a problem with them rolling around when trying to hold a plank over them etc (yeah, well gay lol )
Or would a fixed set of hexagonal dumbells be better for this kinda mincing?
eBay I assume for an unused 2nd hand set lol

Benn
22-06-16, 05:05 PM
The plastic is only a cover, normally full of something. be fine rolling about on/with them.

Stuart
22-06-16, 06:53 PM
That's the thing, I don't want them rolling about lol

wwmnw
22-06-16, 09:41 PM
If one were to look at some small weights for at home... What would be "best"?
e.g. weighted werd shite like renegade rows etc.

I see decathlon have a 20Kg dumbell set for £30, but would the plates being round be a problem with them rolling around when trying to hold a plank over them etc (yeah, well gay lol )
Or would a fixed set of hexagonal dumbells be better for this kinda mincing?
eBay I assume for an unused 2nd hand set lol

Nothing wrong with a proper 'plank' (not what people did for 'lulz') but I'd personally go for hex as the round shape will probably roll.

Stuart
07-07-16, 06:32 PM
So umm, I've been mincing about with a few dumbbell moves a few times a week... Quite low weight (like 4kg each lol), how do I actually gauge what I should be working with?

bazzap8389
07-07-16, 07:44 PM
Depends what your goals are, I usually do 8 reps with most things. If you get to 8 without a struggle increase the weight

Andy
07-07-16, 10:22 PM
Like baz says if you wanna bulk then heavy weight low reps,fitness and cutting lots of reps and lower weight.
i have tomorrow and Saturday training sessions left for this month so il see what iv lost on my analysis Saturday morning.
went to gym tonight and did 10km on treadmill in 48 mins so fitness wise iv improved a lot lol No beer for 4weeks on Saturday (which will be when I next have one) and 4weeks on same day off the fags and I deffo won't be having one!
got a new bike last week aswell so did 22 miles last Saturday night with spud.

Benn
21-07-16, 01:09 PM
Was so nice getting back in to the gym after over a month off.
Did what i would normally with a added 10mile ride.

Killed me. dripping in sweat and every muscle killing me.

Feels good.

Benn
25-07-16, 09:24 PM
Really pushed my legs to day. Then got the mother of all cramps in the middle of my thigh. Took ages to shake it out and stop hurting.

Botedly
26-07-16, 11:19 AM
Recently started going the gym regularly again.
After nearly a year of flaking out, only going like once every couple weeks for an hour, I've lost a lot of the progress I made.

Back down to 60kg on bench press and the various exercises I used to do on the cables have rendered my arms and chest useless today haha

I am happy I can still manage a 100kg dead lift, albeit only 4 lifts rather than 3 x set of 8.

Hopefully see steady progress and get back to where I left off.

Benn
26-07-16, 03:16 PM
Sounds good. Any start is a good start i think.

Stuart
26-07-16, 03:34 PM
I had a pop at a 10x10 squat/lunge session last week, all was well for 2 days then boom, walking like john wayne for 2-3days lol
Think I'm gonna need some new toys at home to make some sensible sessions up as the winging it approach, while working a bit, isnt ideal I'm sure

Benn
09-08-16, 01:33 PM
Pre work out drinks? Are they worth it?

I've always thought it was just a big kick off caffeine. But got chatting to a guy at the gym who swears by them, says they have alot more good stuff in them these days..

Any info?

Stuart
09-08-16, 02:27 PM
https://youtu.be/KmmZULPUEkQ

Benn
09-08-16, 05:00 PM
HAHAHA just reading the comments.

wwmnw
09-08-16, 05:56 PM
Got sick of pissing about and with the competition dawning on me I attempted and succeeded with a 200kg deadlift, albeit a trap deadlift (and it was technically 201kg) there is more in me too (done a 220kg farmers walk so I know I can lift more) but I was sore after that as I have a mild injury.

Stuart
09-08-16, 05:56 PM
I love the bro science channel, it's obviously a pisstake but the people leaving comments don't get it lol

Benn
10-08-16, 05:21 PM
Got sick of pissing about and with the competition dawning on me I attempted and succeeded with a 200kg deadlift, albeit a trap deadlift (and it was technically 201kg) there is more in me too (done a 220kg farmers walk so I know I can lift more) but I was sore after that as I have a mild injury.

Wow! That's amazing, well done. I've never done deadlifts. but would really like too.

I love the bro science channel, it's obviously a pisstake but the people leaving comments don't get it lol

It's very funny.

Botedly
11-08-16, 09:35 AM
Love dead lifts! The first few times I incorporated them into a session I ended up like Stuart, walking like John Wayne the next few days haha

I'm now upto 3x8 on 100kg, so progressing well :)

Stuart
11-08-16, 09:50 AM
did a different leg day on monday, then went for a long walk to town and back monday evening and tuesday evening. No wobbly legs, yet I felt way more fucked after the session than the 10x10 :D

All light DB's (6-8Kg lol) as I dont have a heavy set and I'm a fanny thus far.
DB Squats
Backward Lunge
Forward Lunge
"explosive jumps"
Some sort of stiff leg DB deadlift type thing
Managed 6 circuits of that before wanting to curl up and die lol

Benn
11-08-16, 02:18 PM
Db?

Stuart
11-08-16, 03:17 PM
dumbassbells

bazzap8389
11-08-16, 04:42 PM

Great deadlift that. I'm at 140kg and can't progress at all. I use a neutral grip which is probably holding me back though. Need to start using an alternate grip just don't like it though.

wwmnw
11-08-16, 11:06 PM
Wow! That's amazing, well done. I've never done deadlifts. but would really like too.

Well its not bad using a trap, with a barbell it would be more impressive! Trap is a bit easier.

Great deadlift that. I'm at 140kg and can't progress at all. I use a neutral grip which is probably holding me back though. Need to start using an alternate grip just don't like it though.

I've never attempted doing large amounts with a barbell 150kg for 10 is my PB don't think I could do 200kg as the mechanics are different from a trap deadlift.

P.s how good is your technique do you engage the glutes? I rock back very slightly just before the lift (with a barbell) to help engage the hamstrings then when its above the knees squeeze the glutes to help it up.

bazzap8389
12-08-16, 01:09 AM
I think my technique is pretty good, me and my mate always make sure we're lifting with proper form. Yeah glutes are always engaged, always fee my legs after doing them think I may need to strengthen them up before going higher. Once I've got it like 6" off the deck I'm usually cruising.

Benn
12-08-16, 12:24 PM
oh your standing in the box frame to do it? So lifting at your sides?

wwmnw
12-08-16, 10:57 PM
I think my technique is pretty good, me and my mate always make sure we're lifting with proper form. Yeah glutes are always engaged, always fee my legs after doing them think I may need to strengthen them up before going higher. Once I've got it like 6" off the deck I'm usually cruising.

Yeah sounds right, to be fair you do know what you're talking about!

oh your standing in the box frame to do it? So lifting at your sides?

Yeah the trap bar, 200kg is still 200kg and you're still using the same muscles just with a barbell you're putting more pressure on your spine! So technically trap deadlifts ARE better for you but barbell is the most recognised format.

Benn
13-08-16, 08:15 PM
Sorry i didn't mean any disrespect by what i said.

wwmnw
13-08-16, 08:56 PM
Sorry i didn't mean any disrespect by what i said.

I didn't see it or take it that way :thumb:

Benn
17-08-16, 04:38 PM
Good :)

wwmnw
20-08-16, 03:15 PM
Training today was specific to the competition events as comp is two weeks away, flipping the 300kg tyre and I messed the lift up and it fell back and smacked me in the jaw lol

Just thought I'd share that.

Benn
22-08-16, 04:42 PM
Ouch!

I'd like to try that, must be a killer.

wwmnw
22-08-16, 05:08 PM
Ouch!

I'd like to try that, must be a killer.

Surprisingly its not that difficult and like any type of lifting from the floor its all about technique, the hardest part is when its shoulder height and you have to push it over, getting it off the floor is all in the legs! I'll see if I can get a video on Saturday.

Stuart
22-08-16, 05:23 PM
Would you do any form of workout/exercise if you had Olecranon bursitis (inflamed bursitits in the elbow) ? Its not muscular, it does not impeed movement etc and would be iced before and after to keep the temperature stable.

Likely doing legs and not arms but they need to hold stuff obv lol

wwmnw
22-08-16, 05:47 PM
I suffer from achilles tendinitis plantar fasciitis which don't bother me when exercising and a nipped facet in the hip area, that one can be painful on a morning or after long periods of sitting. As long as you have warmed the area up and do stretching as recommended by a physio it'll get better!

Benn
10-09-16, 09:57 AM
Had a great heavy session last night. First in over a week due to being messed about.

11mile up hill bike ride. Keeping my rpm over 80 at all times.
Straight on to legs.

66kg 5sets of 20.
88kg 4 x 20.
100 3 x 10.
107 2 x 10.

Heaviest i've gone. Legs where like jelly after. I do a set then do ankle extensions, then back to leg extensions. so dont tend to rest to much in between.
I think that's quite good.

Pushed arms too, doing heaviest triceps pulls at 45kg 4 x 20.
skull crushers at 32kg 3 x 15.

Dont feel my biceps curls are enough at the mo. Heaviest at 45kg 4 x 10.

Really want to be able to get in the gym more, but lifes getting in the way.

Stuart
21-10-16, 09:58 AM
Been doing more mincing about using the "Buff Dudes" youtube channel as guidance lol did their dumbbell only shoulders session last night... Well that clearly did something, i couldnt hold a pen after it and had to carry a bowl with both hands lol feels good this morning though :D

Southie
21-10-16, 09:43 PM
I've sacked in going to the gym sadly as work has killed off my spare time:)

Benn
22-10-16, 09:37 AM
Been doing more mincing about using the "Buff Dudes" youtube channel as guidance lol did their dumbbell only shoulders session last night... Well that clearly did something, i couldnt hold a pen after it and had to carry a bowl with both hands lol feels good this morning though :D

So many good channels on there at the mo.

120kg leg ex 2x 15+. Man my thighs are killing. Like sooo bad.

But since decorating i've pulled my lower arm/elbow muscle. Is ok in some ways, in others i can barely move it. Is making everything a pain in the arse.

Benn
01-11-16, 08:05 PM
Maxed out the leg press machine. 10x 150kg.

If i'm honest i just wanna boast as its pleased me.

bazzap8389
01-11-16, 08:41 PM
Good going Benn! I've not worked my legs for almost 2 months. Got a knee injury that won't allow me to lift at all can't even run on a treadmill at the moment. Managed 52.5kg x8 barbell curl this morning though. Other lifts aren't progressing much at the moment mostly due to laziness.