PDA

View Full Version : Adam Maxwell

L14MNP
15-12-15, 05:41 PM
http://news.stv.tv/tayside/1335961-horse-box-driver-cleared-of-causing-fatal-head-on-crash/

http://i.imgur.com/yDAh4bn.jpg

The lad posted on here, didn't he?

Sounds as though he was the victim of a selfish fool of a driver, in the oncoming car.
I cannot believe that she has been found not guilty - and not dragged over the coals for refusing to call 999, an instead, making a personal call!

Disgusting behaviour.

R.I.P. to the lad.

Jonesfach
15-12-15, 05:58 PM
Case not proven....give me strength.....

Rip Adam

House
15-12-15, 06:13 PM
How sad.

mowgli
15-12-15, 06:25 PM
Isn't this the same verdict that bin lorry driver got?

I'm certainly no expert on Scottish law, but this is a complete ass of a verdict.

Benn
15-12-15, 06:43 PM
So she was totally in the wrong and 4 ople saw the crash yet gets off. I don't understand.

EwanG
15-12-15, 07:31 PM
That's just wrong. I know who the guy was he didn't know me. He used to come into my work for steel.

mk1nova_rich
15-12-15, 08:01 PM
Very sad news, read it earlier on. I too can't believe the verdict

marc69
15-12-15, 08:34 PM
Very sad, I have posted it on facebook so people are aware. It seems from the report most people assume the driver was guilty of overtaking on a blind summit, kind of obvious, and not to call 999 should have been not reporting an accident, very sad indeed.

mk1nova_rich
15-12-15, 09:45 PM
Should an 83 year old woman still be behind the wheel of a car? I don't know anyone that age who I believe is still safe to be driving.

brainsnova
16-12-15, 02:55 AM
It makes me fuckin sick that the nova owner was stereotyped to be the one in the wrong. Never overtake a cyclist unless it's 100% clear. R.i.p Adam

Edd
16-12-15, 04:22 AM
Disgusting

Andy
16-12-15, 01:43 PM
Absolutely fuckin scandalous.That lads poor family,really feel sorry for them.
How much more evidence do they need than four witnesses.Scottish law is obviously light years behind normality.

marc69
16-12-15, 02:18 PM
Absolutely fuckin scandalous.That lads poor family,really feel sorry for them.
How much more evidence do they need than four witnesses.Scottish law is obviously light years behind normality.

And they keep giving Sturgeon more power, here is a great example of why small states can be (I presume due to wealth of a stud owner) corrupt. I hope when his family have enough strength to appeal this.

Jack
16-12-15, 03:48 PM
To be fair, the jury found her 'not proven' of killing him, which implies there wasn't enough (or clear enough) evidence to send her down for death by careless driving. Mind you

Police collision investigators found she had been approximately 40 centimetres into the wrong lane
Mrs Low-Mitchell replied: "I can see where she is coming from.But I don't think I was responsible. In my opinion I had completed my manouevre and was back on my side of the road."

That alone would seal it for me. She didn't even know where on the road her vehicle was, i.e. careless!

paul james
16-12-15, 05:43 PM
Thats horrible, not accepting fault and then trying to blame him for being on the wrong side of the road shows how selfish this woman is.

turbojolt
16-12-15, 06:09 PM
How much more evidence could you possibly need!!!!!

BRoadGhost
16-12-15, 11:07 PM
This smacks of who you are in other peoples eyes; not the truth of a situation.

DaveMarshall
18-12-15, 08:53 PM
Very sad to hear. I bet if it was the modified car driver that had killed the 83 year old then he'd be looking at prison time. I'm amazed she got away with nothing especially after making the personal call. In my opinion at the very least she should be made to take her test again and it doesn't sound as if she is safe to be towing.

Father in law had a cyclist go into the side of his works van in London after going through an amber light. He gave the guy his name and full address/contact details for the company he worked for. When it went to court he got three points and a fine for not giving correct details at the scene of the accident. Turns out that he should have given his personal details.

Dave.

EwanG
18-12-15, 09:05 PM
As I said I didn't know him personally. But he was a hard working guy and cars especially old skool Vauxhalls were his thing. He had a mk2 cavalier turbo in leaf green (looked mint) and a couple of nova's. Shame as I am sure he was building his garage business from scratch. The woman should have her licence provoked surely?

BRoadGhost
18-12-15, 10:07 PM
I hope somewhere somehow he's seeing this in a world where equal judgement happens & truth matters more than opinion.

wwmnw
20-12-15, 05:07 PM
Shocking :(

Tim Harpley
27-12-15, 06:43 PM
Very sad, money & status have to much influence :(