PDA

View Full Version : Car Salesmen & watches...

Mike
06-12-15, 10:04 PM
Why do car Salesmen wear stupidly oversized watches?

Is it part of the job description or something lol

Stuart
06-12-15, 11:32 PM
To show off that they are the biggest ass hat in the dealership lol
Then again, even in engineering the managers are slipping towards silly watches, makes it easier to pitch it low tech to them

totalnova
06-12-15, 11:34 PM
Don't think it's car salesman specific, estate agents love a big watch. Personally I think it's an ego status thing with people in hard sales because you need to have a certain type of personality to do that line of work, you'll see a lot of big watches on the apprentice along with the cunts wearing them

mowgli
06-12-15, 11:36 PM
It's that swiss tony thing (fast show iirc) they simply have to be flash, to con people into thinking they are more successful

paul james
06-12-15, 11:42 PM
And the posh suits and shiney expensive shoes, just says to me that anything they are selling is more expensive than it needs to be to factor in their hefty comisson.

brainsnova
07-12-15, 02:14 AM
Big watches are :gay:

turbojolt
07-12-15, 01:56 PM
It's the fashionable in thing. Wearing your money and living at your parents house lol

marc69
07-12-15, 08:18 PM
It's to stop you from seeing how big their wrists are with all the self wrist muscle exercises these people do. In my honest opinion these big watches, skinny suits (leggings and undersized jacket) and women's shiny shoes look chavvy rather than classy on men and whilst it is each to thier own and all that, they think it makes them look cool but really it just makes them look effeminate.

RJM25R
12-01-16, 11:06 PM
It's to balance the chip on their opposite shoulder

Mike
13-01-16, 08:49 PM
Funny this should pop up again...

Im now officially more of a @unt then i was before.... Mrs Mike got me a stupidly large Eco Drive watch thing for christmas :/

Not quite the classic Brietling or SeaMaster I envisioned but meh

turbojolt
13-01-16, 10:52 PM
Funny this should pop up again...

Im now officially more of a @unt then i was before.... Mrs Mike got me a stupidly large Eco Drive watch thing for christmas :/

Not quite the classic Brietling or SeaMaster I envisioned but meh

Pictures

Mike
14-01-16, 06:59 PM
No pics bud, i work away from home & said watch is at home lol

Admittadly i was looking at the new Tag Heuer Connected watch last night, like an Apple watch but alot more refined & certainly more pleasing on the eye!

totalnova
14-01-16, 07:21 PM
Don't get me started on smart watches, seriously what's the point, reading a text without having to take your phone out your pocket.......
I'll pass on that