PDA

View Full Version : My Nova SR

Slineclean
04-12-15, 07:19 PM
My Nova SR
Here's a picture that I've look far few times in recentyears and give a smile to my face.
This was my first newer decent car I had. I started offdriving a 78 mini clubman , before having a Vauxhall Belmont. That got writtenoff by someone driving in the side of my and always remember my insurancecompany not wanting to know and it was a legal insurance cover that I paid forlucky that paid for a solicitor to fight it for me.
I had a couple of cavaliers before the nova was the car tohave . Remember going off to see this and it was £2999 with 55,000 on theclock.
Was a good car and it was a good work horse , my mate had ityears later when had 120,000 plus on the clock. Think I got £150 off him and Inever saw him or the car again.

The front bumper ( jacking point cover got nicked ) - thecover.
I used to clean the seats with 2 cans of jif mouse spray andused to leave a lovely smell ha ha

Aww to see it again. Can you see the PNG stickerlol

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq266/keyforeverthing/NOVA%20SR_zpsdbouz4hy.jpeg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/keyforeverthing/media/NOVA%20SR_zpsdbouz4hy.jpeg.html)

EwanG
04-12-15, 08:48 PM
I love sr's! I searched for ages for a white sr after I passed my driving test but they were all rusty .So I bought a slightly rusty red sr in 1999. It was a 1989 on a F plate. I loved the car until some stone head crashed into the back in 2002 and by that point the rust had taken a grip and my mates had better new cars! So I moved on lol. I thought they were about all rotten by that point until I started searching in 2009 and I realised that some were still alive so found and I bought another red Sr in (1989 f plate) in 2011 that's mint! When I came across it I couldn't believe it so had to buy it! It was way more than the £2999 that you payed. But when did you buy yours? Its nice reading your story.

EwanG
04-12-15, 08:53 PM
Theres only 37k on mine lol

Slineclean
04-12-15, 10:03 PM
Aww about 20 years ago !

findog
05-12-15, 10:12 PM
Very like my first nova. Mine was an 84 on an Irish plate in silver with brown interior, no n/s mirror or side repeaters and fat door strips.