PDA

View Full Version : X16xe won't start

Chrissy-Donaghey
26-11-15, 05:43 PM
Wired all up and when trying to start the ecu doesn't seem to be putting power to the fuel pump of giving itself a spark, could it be mixed cables or it it possible that it's the imobaliser causeing this problem?
Thanks in advance 👍🏼

Southie
26-11-15, 05:48 PM
Wired all up and when trying to start the ecu doesn't seem to be putting power to the fuel pump of giving itself a spark, could it be mixed cables or it it possible that it's the imobaliser causeing this problem?
Thanks in advance 
Was the engine running before?

Have you got the ignition key with the chip in it?

jimbob-mcgrew
26-11-15, 07:23 PM
youve got the thickest red/blue wire from the ecu, going to the pump right ?

youll need to install a 20amp fuse into that wire, between the ecu and pump.

is the fuel pump earthed too ?

double check all the wiring, to make sure youve got everything in the right place, especially the 2 thin blue/red wires from the transponder, as they look they same, but go to different places

Chrissy-Donaghey
26-11-15, 07:41 PM
Yeah have done everything according to previous forums, would you have any diagrams for me to follow? Cheers

Southie
26-11-15, 09:15 PM
Yeah have done everything according to previous forums, would you have any diagrams for me to follow? Cheers
You've not answered my questions.

Chrissy-Donaghey
26-11-15, 09:22 PM
Aye the engine was running fine when removed ( according to the boy I bought it off ) and yes I have matching ecu, key chip and transponder

jimbob-mcgrew
27-11-15, 01:23 AM
the 2 thin red/blue wires i was talking about...

on the 9 pin plug, from the transponder, those 2 wires are in slot 6, and slot 7. count along the plug to find them.

slot 6 wire goes to the gearbox speed sensor
slot 7 wire goes to the ecu

have you got the neccessary speed sensor screwed into the gearbox, so you can hook the wire on slot 6 ?

you dont actually need to connect it, to start the car, but the car will stall while driving, when you brake to a halt, without it installed.

if in doubt, about any of your wiring, check the diagram in the x14/16 smallblock page, in the guide section on here.

check theres a chip in the key, might be worth sellotaping it to the transponder ring, while your testing/checking everything.