PDA

View Full Version : Bias pedal box

jonn
22-11-15, 07:38 PM
i was thinking about getting a compbrake bias pedal box to go with my v6 front brakes and rear disc conversion. good or bad idea? it will be used for a trackday nova. what are these like with out a brake servo? as i never drove with out a brake servo before.

http://www.compbrake.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/CMB0345-PEDAL-BOX-BIAS-VAUXHALL-NOVA-HYDRAULIC-KITB-600x600.jpg

AndrewC
22-11-15, 09:49 PM
This is the set up I've gone for as it's the rally proven set-up similar sold by Harry Hockley, Protec etc. unfortunately though I've not used it in anger yet. I'm told with four pot calipers and the rear disc conversion braking is positive and responsive. There will be others on here with "feet on" experience so to speak.

Iain
23-11-15, 09:55 AM
Without a servo is fine, you just get immediate progressive pedal bite rather than a bit of pedal movement before they start working.

Compbrake stuff generally requires a bit of tinkering to get it to physically fit in my experience.

I don't think you can go too wrong, maybe consider a Corsa set up then a Corsa pedal box for more direct instead of the brake bar.

Rob H
23-11-15, 01:20 PM
I have the exact same setup with cav turbo brakes all round and a hydro handbrake, but mine is a wilwood one. It works great and has plenty of stopping power. However the missus hates it as she finds it difficult to press but she is like 8 stone wet lol. So inless your extremely weak or like a nice easy pedal it's all good.