PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.3 sr ignition issue.

novathere
21-11-15, 10:36 PM
I've got a 1.3 engine in my nova, got it in bits, built it runs ok but seems abit lumpy. Nearly everything has been replaced, leads, coil etc.

Cambelt Timing is fine but unsure if the dizzy is in the right place? Is there anyway of telling where it should be?

Also how can I tell if it's the correct one for my engine? I current have the black one, engine is a standard carb'd sr 1.3 with choke.

Any help would be great as I want to MOT it soon! Thanks

marc69
21-11-15, 11:00 PM
That is the correct dizzy. Get it timed perfectly with a strobe gun. Quite cheap to buy.

Jonesfach
22-11-15, 12:08 PM
Check the auto choke is working too..unless it's a manual one. Pull the plugs and see if they are all the same too. If they are all the same it points to a timing error/fuel mixture. Obviously if one is different then you most probably have a problem with that cylinder etc.

mowgli
22-11-15, 06:16 PM
Look at everything again, and if all is good, check the advance retard mechanism and the choke are running. Oh, and are the plugs new?

novathere
23-11-15, 02:55 PM
New plugs, leads, belts etc. engine came in bits so thought it was best to renew it all. Only thing I'm concerned about is the position of the dizzy as I just bolted it on. Not sure if it has a specific angle or marks? Thanks

marc69
23-11-15, 06:04 PM
Get the dizzy timing set by a strobe light, the marks are at the bottom pulleys.

Jonesfach
24-11-15, 11:25 AM
New plugs, leads, belts etc. engine came in bits so thought it was best to renew it all. Only thing I'm concerned about is the position of the dizzy as I just bolted it on. Not sure if it has a specific angle or marks? Thanks
There is a basic mark for dizzy timing on the cam carrier. Well there should be. Good starting point.

novathere
25-11-15, 09:14 AM
Ok I'll have a look. Thanks [emoji106]🏻