PDA

View Full Version : ?????E16SE ignition timing ( With no timming marks)????

jamesbray
17-11-15, 12:23 PM
Hello i have a e16se that i have built i have twin 45s,solid lifters kent cam and lots more.

I do not have a plastic timming cover and no marks on the oil pump or block so i carnt ignion time my car.

Can any body HELP I can see that a lot of pepole build up these engines and they have no timming marks ether.

HOW DO I TIME IT UP??????

AND WERE WOULD THE TIMMING MARKS USELLY BE????????

Thank you

conza123
17-11-15, 12:29 PM
Hello i have a e16se that i have built i have twin 45s,solid lifters kent cam and lots more.

I do not have a plastic timming cover and no marks on the oil pump or block so i carnt ignion time my car.

Can any body HELP I can see that a lot of pepole build up these engines and they have no timming marks ether.

HOW DO I TIME IT UP??????

AND WERE WOULD THE TIMMING MARKS USELLY BE????????

Thank you
Set the engine to tdc and make your own

_Tomiboy
17-11-15, 12:45 PM
Kent gives the timing for the cams between 108-114°. You can find on the homepage. If it runs you can find the best setup on rolling road, or measure the acceleration.

Andy
17-11-15, 01:07 PM
theres a mark on the oil pump at the bottom (6 oclock),a little triangle.you will see if you clean it.Cam timing point is at 12 oclock.(viewing the timing end from drivers side,obviously)

jamesbray
17-11-15, 02:03 PM
Set the engine to tdc and make your own

i was thinking about doing this. i have worked out that i need to time the ignition 10 > 12 degres after tdc at idle.

i understand that i could make my own tdc mark on the oil pump and the bottom pully and use a flash light to time the ignition to tdc.

HOW WOULD I KNOW THAT I AM 10 DEGRES AFTER TDC?????

i have the car running and idleing just by moving the dizzy.

ONE MORE THING HAVE ANY OF YOU CHANGED THE SPRINGS ON THE BOBBIN WEIGHTS TO LIGHTER SPRING, TO MAKE A FASTER IGNITION POWER CURVE, SO THE THE DIZZY WILL ADVANCE FASTER TO KEEP UP WITH THE LIGHT FLY WHEEL AND KENT CAM NV082??????

_Tomiboy
17-11-15, 02:19 PM
If you play with the springs you will not get the power what is in the engine. You can make it good for some range, but not for the full rev range. For this engine is better to use spark management.

jamesbray
17-11-15, 02:58 PM
If you play with the springs you will not get the power what is in the engine. You can make it good for some range, but not for the full rev range. For this engine is better to use spark management.

I wish i had the money for an omex, i have spent a fortune on the car all ready.

maybe in the nexy year i will have 2 beg the missis!!!