PDA

View Full Version : c20let cuts out

conza123
16-11-15, 08:49 AM
yesterday I was happily plodding along the motorway and my c20let converted nova decided to start missing then cut,
it started straight back up then didn't feel right after,
through it possibly ran out of fuel so limped it to a fuel station and filled it up and only took £20 so i hadn't ran out of fuel
after it cut out I tried pushing the bleed nipple on the fuel rail and very little fuel came out so must be fuel related.
i can here pump buzzing when turning over and it starts and runs but keeps dieing now.
it hasn't got the eml light wired up so not sure how i go about code reading it.

some one told me to try a crank sensor but bit unsure where to start,
any help with be much appreciated

Balley
16-11-15, 10:54 AM
Test the crank sensor.

conza123
16-11-15, 10:56 AM
Test the crank sensor.
how would i go about doing that

Balley
16-11-15, 11:59 AM
If you have access to auto data there should be a nice little guide on that. Otherwise Google it, e.g. Bosch three wire crank sensor testing etc. I am not to familiar with XE/LET sensors so I couldn't give you a good enough answer.

Benn
16-11-15, 01:52 PM
Wire the ECU light up. Then touch the brown/yellow wire to ground.

Check the fuel pump relay too. If it's getting wet that can happen. You get two types one that sealed and one that isnt see.

Will F
20-11-15, 10:48 PM
Fuel relay has my vote.

Southie
20-11-15, 10:50 PM
As above or fuel pump playing up.

Also have you checked for air leaks around the bottom hose on the intercooler and also have you checked that you've a decent earth under the coil.

Benn
23-11-15, 02:10 PM
After seeing where the loom/ecu and FPR are. Its deffo that as they'll be wet.