View Full Version : My (the wifes) new car

ade
22-09-03, 05:52 PM
Well, the wifes gone and bought a new car -

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1938

105 bhp 1.4 16v twin cam box of fun.

Which means I get the Seat Ibiza (he old car) :D

which means I can take my Nova off the road AND GO MENTAL! :D 8) :D

Move into the new house end of next month - new garage...

New garage = new Nova project!

New Nova project = whole new custom front end including lights, grill, bumper , new custom side skirt, new rear, full new interior inc custom dash!

Plan to have it ready for trax for 2005! :o

New brakes, new suspension ( needs replacing anyway) - new colour

As before, I'll do a HUGE post and this time I'll stick it on a website!

:D

Ben
22-09-03, 05:55 PM
Here we go again, lol

Paul
22-09-03, 05:56 PM
Cud I take a harzadous guess at Punto mk2 headlights. :lol:

locky
22-09-03, 05:59 PM
Plan to have it ready for trax for 2005! :o

Thats a big project!

Ben
22-09-03, 05:59 PM
Seen a car with them yesterday at the PCC day, didnt look very impressive.

ade
22-09-03, 06:04 PM
Ben, was it a Nova?

I've photoshopped them onto my car - with a new bumper n grill it looked very smooth/nice.

I'm looking to do aomething totally different - not the standard stuff...

Just hope my cars up to it - its been resprayed 3 times in the last 6 yrs and rebuilt once (not inc factory)!

Considering an engine too - if anyone knows of a good "cheap" 2ltr 8v or 16v going - keep me in mind...I know 16v is better but price is the key here - not wanting to go charging about - wuld be happy with a GSi engine!

:roll:

Ben
22-09-03, 06:06 PM
Yes it was a Nova, had a badboy bonnet to fill the gaps.

Just looked out of place on there.

wisewood
22-09-03, 06:17 PM
all depends how you go about it really i suppose.

ade - can sort you out with a sort of diary type setup within your domain if you like mate so that you can record whats going on in "ade's garage 2" without the risk of losing it.

oh and - your missus' car aint bad. :D

DUNOVA.
22-09-03, 06:31 PM
Spare head gaskits in the boot I hope :lol:

Ben
22-09-03, 06:33 PM
lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
22-09-03, 07:21 PM
Dont succumb to a 2.0 8v, you'll regret it. You should be able to find a decent 2.0 16v for a couple hundred. If your giving yourself nearly 2 years to do the project, I'm sure a good conditioned 2.0 16v will appear somewhere down the line.

Jim

krobinson
22-09-03, 11:53 PM
I hope these bumpers/skirts and new front end your gonna build its gonna be tasteful!! lol

I'll look forward to the results in 2005.. :D

Keith

Gobby
23-09-03, 03:02 AM
Dont succumb to a 2.0 8v, you'll regret it. You should be able to find a decent 2.0 16v for a couple hundred. If your giving yourself nearly 2 years to do the project, I'm sure a good conditioned 2.0 16v will appear somewhere down the line.

Jim

Whats wrong wi the 8v? My Astra SRi engine is bullet proof, as I've said before head gasket blew, was told twice by a "mechanic" that it was fecked, put new HG in and away it went, that was 6 month ago and I have had no problems.

so1o
23-09-03, 05:26 AM
good luck on your project mate, btw i agree with slimjim, wait a while as your in no real hurry and you'll come across a perfect engine cheap, best thing is not to rush.

ade
23-09-03, 07:55 AM
cheers guys.

Started drafting a few oplans last night - wish I kept my pc out of storage so i could mess about with it. Using the wifes dads at the mo which is ok but he doesnt have the software I have...

:(

Oh well - no rush really...

Will keep eye out for 16v. may even see if Ste wants to pop up and fit it in one of his weekender specials!

(sure its Ste...)

Jim
23-09-03, 08:48 AM
Whats wrong wi the 8v? My Astra SRi engine is bullet proof, as I've said before head gasket blew, was told twice by a "mechanic" that it was fecked, put new HG in and away it went, that was 6 month ago and I have had no problems.

I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the 2.0 8v, but for the time, money and effort that Ade is going to put into his car, I think his car would suit a 16v engine.

I myself have an 8v engine and cosmetically the heads dont look as nice as the 16v heads, even though an 8v engine can be bulletproof like you say.

Jim

Dare-devil
23-09-03, 08:55 AM
Nice car your wife got..

Sounds like a mental Nova projekt. :twisted:
Can't wait to se some pics of the result :D

ade
23-09-03, 10:51 AM
8v 16v etc etc etc

tbh - I'd be happy with a GSi engine

My 1.4's v good (will be as soon as I can stop air leaking in the manifold) just want something that will fill the engine bay a bit more.

Make it look more chunky!

:D

Aragorn
23-09-03, 04:30 PM
like mine :D

http://www.kevingalloway.demon.co.uk/engine.jpg

see u know a GSi lump will be fine

or if u feel like it use a 1.6 16v

Ben
23-09-03, 05:03 PM
lol that looks like a maplins shop.

Aragorn
23-09-03, 05:58 PM
:| it aint that bad fs - just the ecu wiring - rest of its pretty normal :evil:

Mark
23-09-03, 05:59 PM
lol that looks like a maplins shop.

Lol, time to sort out some of that wiring isn't it Kevin?

Jim
23-09-03, 06:37 PM
thats what my engine bay looked like before the engine came out. I;m hoping to hide away a lot of the wires when i get the car back.

Jim

brian
23-09-03, 07:26 PM
sounds exciting Ade.
As for the valver, you don't need getting anyone, put it in yourself, you will manage it fine. Its a lot more straight forward than you might think.