PDA

View Full Version : Phase 3 begins (winter project)

novax
22-09-03, 05:38 PM
Phase 3 begins. This time it's the engine bay that gets the work over, not that it's not fine already. We're fitting a 1.6 16 valve on throttle bodies, most of which is already bought from the likes of SBD, Jenvey, Bailey etc. Unlike most conversions I'm keeping the plastic top cover, but as you can see this is no longer standard. In fact it's seriously sexy carbon! As is the cam belt cover.

The specification for the engine is quite impressive and we (Vaux-MD Developments) have done all the work, bar the machining. Either Maynards in Stroud or Bassett-down balancing carried this out.

Engine: X16XE 4 cylinder 16 valve.
Management: MBE 976, custom-made Nova loom.
Block: 0.5mm re-bored & decked, new "AE" pistons to suit. Crank re-ground to -0.25mm, Flywheel lightened to 8Kg. All internal moving parts blueprinted, balanced. SBD oilpump gear and pressure regulator. Modified alternator bracket and Nova GSi bottom pulley. Bailey header and matching oil catch tanks.
Head: Polished and ported with bronze valve guides and REC "1 piece" valves. Steel head gasket. Webcon 2.5bar fuel pressure regulator and cream injectors. EGR valve removed. Polished and carbon fibre top covers, carbon fibre cambelt cover.
Inlet: SBD manifold with Jenvey tapered throttle bodies.
Exhaust: BTB downpipe with full Powerflow system after that.
Transmission: Standard F15CR (close-ratio) 5-speed.

http://vaux-md.net/novax/phase3/carbontop.gif

locky
22-09-03, 05:43 PM
Cant wait 2 c it! sounds tasty!

Ben
22-09-03, 06:10 PM
Another part of my car on another :roll:

Going to be good Dave, are you not tempted to play with the Gears at all, just seems a bit dull having such a modified engine and a standard Box.

wisewood
22-09-03, 06:14 PM
excellent!

novax
22-09-03, 06:20 PM
Ben, I'll leave that to another time. This Phase stands at about ?4200 already. I spent last night drooling over the carbon I picked up at PCC on Sunday. Simply stunning!!

Dicko
22-09-03, 06:40 PM
standard cams?

youl wish u got uprated trust me ;)

Ste_Nova
22-09-03, 06:56 PM
The specification for the engine is quite impressive and we (Vaux-MD Developments) have done all the work, bar the machining. Either Maynards in Stroud or Bassett-down balancing carried this out.

Engine: X16XE 4 cylinder 16 valve.
Management: MBE 976, custom-made Nova loom.
Block: 0.5mm re-bored & decked, new "AE" pistons to suit. Crank re-ground to -0.25mm, Flywheel lightened to 8Kg. All internal moving parts blueprinted, balanced. SBD oilpump gear and pressure regulator. Modified alternator bracket and Nova GSi bottom pulley. Bailey header and matching oil catch tanks.
Head: Polished and ported with bronze valve guides and REC "1 piece" valves. Steel head gasket. Webcon 2.5bar fuel pressure regulator and cream injectors. EGR valve removed. Polished and carbon fibre top covers, carbon fibre cambelt cover.
Inlet: SBD manifold with Jenvey tapered throttle bodies.
Exhaust: BTB downpipe with full Powerflow system after that.
Transmission: Standard F15CR (close-ratio) 5-speed.

not being daft but what other work has been done except the machining?

Ste_Nova
22-09-03, 06:58 PM
EGR valve removed

:roll: did u have an option to keep it?

Jules
22-09-03, 07:11 PM
Sounds mighty fine but please don't get a PowerBlow exhaust, If yours is half as 'good' as mine it'll rattle and knock on anything that's remotely close.
:roll:

CP
22-09-03, 08:55 PM
If I remember right thats a pretty similar spec to what Dec Burkes Nova was running but i dont think he machined for xtra CR? I have eyed up the BTB zorst myself but its a bit steep for my budget :(

Shud motor :D Look forward to seeing it. You realise you'll never be able to keep Tilly out of it? :lol: