PDA

View Full Version : Swap 1.3 SR for a 1.6 GTEi

PE4
22-09-03, 05:35 PM
Hi, I want to put a GTE engine in my 1.3 SR. I have sorted the brakes, suspension and gearbox, and the engine, fuel tank and lines are on the way.

The actuall swap of the engines seems quite straight forward, and the fuel tank is easy to swap, whats the deal with the fuel lines and pump though?

Also, the loom......someone said just match the colour of the wires....but I don't know where to cut the old loom and glue on the new loom?

All help greatly appreciated guys

Cheers

Steve

geordie_racer
22-09-03, 05:48 PM
where you wire the loom in isnt to important really. ideally ull get a big length of loom from the donor car and then wire it somewhere where the connections are going to stay dry to try and stop moisture getting in. when you swap the fuel teank over ull c where the fuel lines connect. they then run along the drivers sill to the engine bay where they will go to a throttle body to fuel the injection if the pump is externally mounted then the lines will run from the tank to the pump then from the pump to the throttle body

chris

Aragorn
22-09-03, 08:21 PM
the box u have is an F13 i hope?

PE4
22-09-03, 08:26 PM
Yes it is a F13 box, and it is in good order...have it mated to the 1.3 at the mo :)

mowgli
22-09-03, 10:07 PM
hunt through the technical posts, cos this pops up about every fortnight, simply transfer as much of the gte stuff as you can get, then using the haynes book, connect up the relevant wires.